Bama Front

Hey, we're coming along. Let's see what they look like come game day.

Rivers has always been stout and Nelson has been building up weight since we got here. You can't say with a straight face that we haven't had bad weight though in most years. Throw some white shirts on us and let's see as white is the worst for looking bad if you're carrying extra weight.
It’s hard to be stylish in all white. Despite what people say about “stormtroopers” or whatever. Lot can depend how you accessorize and how your colors match. You don’t want to clash yet all red like Bama is so meh. Orange green and white is the perfect match with just the right subtropical south Florida aura. You want to express yourself off with just the right late summer glow.

Advertisement
Good share. It was an interesting watch in general. Tbh made me a little envious of some disguised looks we missed with Baker that Manny ran in 17
To elaborate on the theme of the last sentence, this is why I don't understand the whole "Baker was just running Manny's defense" argument. Yes it's the same general system but the DC who is running the show and calling the defense can pick and choose any aspect of the defense to accentuate or to minimize. You can have 2 different coordinators each with a different philosophy running their own defense from the same playbook. The defenses and the results would be very different. The same principle applies to the topic above about Baker running Manny's defense. Some will say that Bakers results sucks because it was Manny's defense. I completely disagree with that.

Over the last 2 years it became quite apparent that Baker was far more conservative in the way he called the defense. Baker liked to play super soft on the back end and he was very zone heavy. Diaz on the other hand has that zone in his playbook and he did use it but overall was much more aggressive in his philosophy and the way he called the defense. With Diaz once again at the controls and the addition of elite coaches like Simpson, T. Rob and Shoop, I think we can expect our defense to look very different from what we saw last year. I expect to be much more downhill in terms of aggression with more gap integrity and tight man coverage mixed in. Im also expecting some different wrinkles defensively with many sub packages used to press the freak individual mismatches we can create with some of our players(Chase Smith, James Williams, Avantae Williams, Tyrique Stevenson and Leonard Taylor).

Whoever our boundary WR is is going to get 1on1 coverage pretty much all night
1630133060907.gif

@IndayArtHauz is so serious about this Key Smiff thing.

After we win, some of you might want to ask your old lady for your balls back. ****, I’ll admit I’ve lost a fight or two, but I never went into one defeated. We are a big, fast, talented, mature and hungry football team. We have a great quarterback, punter and kicker. No new OC/DC schemes and upgrades at the two positions coaches (front 7 and secondary) that needed it most. Three IMPACT transfers where they were most needed. It’s ******* time. Enjoy this…

Advertisement
After we win, some of you might want to ask your old lady for your balls back. ****, I’ll admit I’ve lost a fight or two, but I never went into one defeated. We are a big, fast, talented, mature and hungry football team. We have a great quarterback, punter and kicker. No new OC/DC schemes and upgrades at the two positions coaches (front 7 and secondary) that needed it most. Three IMPACT transfers where they were most needed. It’s ******* time. Enjoy this…
MOAR BOAR!!!!!

Some of us just won’t believe it until it happens. It’s a product of where we’ve been. And our own way of managing continuous disappointments. Many of us were all to eager to buy in in the past only to get what we’ve gotten - repeatedly. We just need to see it.

MOAR BOAR!!!!!

Some of us just won’t believe it until it happens. It’s a product of where we’ve been. And our own way of managing continuous disappointments. Many of us were all to eager to buy in in the past only to get what we’ve gotten - repeatedly. We just need to see it.
We all need to and deserve to see it. Not just the fans, but the coaches and kids too. It’s happening game one September 4th.

Advertisement
I like how Inday is just now Eva Green.

Oh ****, that’s gonna make me The Beast
Yeah but when I see your posts, I just keep reading like normal. When I see Inday’s, I’m confused and conflicted from the get go

To elaborate on the theme of the last sentence, this is why I don't understand the whole "Baker was just running Manny's defense" argument. Yes it's the same general system but the DC who is running the show and calling the defense can pick and choose any aspect of the defense to accentuate or to minimize. You can have 2 different coordinators each with a different philosophy running their own defense from the same playbook. The defenses and the results would be very different. The same principle applies to the topic above about Baker running Manny's defense. Some will say that Bakers results sucks because it was Manny's defense. I completely disagree with that.

Over the last 2 years it became quite apparent that Baker was far more conservative in the way he called the defense. Baker liked to play super soft on the back end and he was very zone heavy. Diaz on the other hand has that zone in his playbook and he did use it but overall was much more aggressive in his philosophy and the way he called the defense. With Diaz once again at the controls and the addition of elite coaches like Simpson, T. Rob and Shoop, I think we can expect our defense to look very different from what we saw last year. I expect to be much more downhill in terms of aggression with more gap integrity and tight man coverage mixed in. Im also expecting some different wrinkles defensively with many sub packages used to press the freak individual mismatches we can create with some of our players(Chase Smith, James Williams, Avantae Williams, Tyrique Stevenson and Leonard Taylor).
Agreed. When they hired Baker, I was confident that as a Manny disciple, running manny’s defense, it would look exactly the same. There was a significant difference in philosophy, especially with how they played on the back end. Baker’s style actually resembled more of what Manny did early in his career which was a ton of fire zone blitzes with cover 3 behind them. Maybe this was his coverage of choice at LTU knowing he couldn’t match up in man coverage as much? Not sure but the results speak for themselves. Couple that with sub par linebackers and a defensive line that often times lost all discipline and you got a really average defense that got gashed quite a bit. I think the off-season hiring of TRob and Simpson give a clear answer to what Manny wants to do with the defense.

Advertisement
Back