Bama back to more of power run game next yr

Saban in a petty little man filled with excuses. Couldn’t bring himself to give credit to the other team.
Tua reflected that in the post-game interview. Pretty interesting to watch him say how Clemson didn't really do anything, but rather he just made bad decisions. Yeah, you made bad decisions because you couldn't differentiate between man and zone on some key plays. Give some credit. Also, the team got handled on 3rd down. I hope Alabama chokes on their collective ego.

I hope Saban turns their offense into Tin Cup's 18th hole on the final day of his US Open run.

Advertisement
Mike Locksley is dogshyt...Gotta away with it because of his ridiculous WR talent all year, but it's reared it's head last night.

Recruiter yes...Coach/Play caller= dogshyt

Advertisement
They were running the ball very well in the beginning of the game. They were taking chunks out of Clemson's defense.

My personal opinion is that their OC panicked when Clemson got up by a couple scores. They abandoned the downhill running game.

Not kicking the two field goals that were gifted to them in the 2nd quarter and getting stuffed embarrassingly on the 4th downs essentially made Nick Saban tap out.

I didn’t look over the stats but it seemed bama was getting around 7 ypc in the first half. Like I said, just a casual observation.

May have been a lot less, just seemed like their run game was on point.

Wtf cares about boring Bama going back into a boring Offense?

Advertisement
This. Locksley got super gun shy once he realized those Bama corners were not going to be able to keep it close enough for their liking...

It also didn't help with Tua getting fooled pretty bad with those Clemson corners jumping routes (one of which went for that pick 6)
Venerables spotted tuas weaknesses sometimes tua telegraphs to wear he's going with the ball.surprised the bright espn analyst didn't spot it.

Joe Rudolph would be a perfect hire for them. Fortunately I don't think he is on their radar.

I could understand how it would be difficult to shift away from this type of offense, when it produced such amazing numbers for the vast majority of the season. Saban himself is the reason teams like Clemson and Ohio State exist. Otherwise it would be a nation of cupcakes and Saban wouldn't have to worry about any team slowing his own cupcake offense.

I watched the replay of the championship game today, Just as I grasped from watching the game initially, Clemson's defensive front wasn't injured at all by Alabama's early running success. None of the defensive linemen were on the ground. They were merely standing up as Alabama cleverly influenced or shielded them out of the way. It was classic lazy spread mind-dominated football instead of physical brute force football.

That fake field goal is perfect evidence of a team that is thinking too much instead of wanting to plant you on the ground and then do it again as soon as you stand up.

Mike Locksley is dogshyt...Gotta away with it because of his ridiculous WR talent all year, but it's reared it's head last night.

Recruiter yes...Coach/Play caller= dogshyt

Don't know that I'd agree with Locksley being "dogshyte". In his first year as OC he put up 40+ in 11 of Bama's 15 games; 8 out of 15 were 50+.

With our D last year, imagine the improvement if we'd been putting up 40+ in over 2/3 of our games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back