Bama back to more of power run game next yr

Headhunter

Sophomore
Premium
Not that anyone cares on this board but I found it interesting, spoke with a relative of mine on the Bama staff
...Saban privately blamed last nights short yardage failures (being stopped on 3rd/4th & short AND establishing the A and B gaps)
on over usage this last season of this past years Offense. said passing as much as they did this past season out of
spread formations has destroyed the identity of who they are and WEAKEND them and physically and mentally and will not
be repeated

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not that anyone cares on this board but I found it interesting, spoke with a relative of mine on the Bama staff
...Saban privately blamed last nights short yardage failures (being stopped on 3rd/4th & short AND establishing the A and B gaps)
on over usage this last season of this past years Offense. said passing as much as they did this past season out of
spread formations has destroyed the identity of who they are and WEAKEND them and physically and mentally and will not
be repeated
"Head Hunter" Is this Kenneth's new account? Can you confirm @njstateofmind

Advertisement
be repeated
No doubt..that was my take last night. Bama movin away from they identity that saban built. Tried to play Clemson’s style. They should’ve ran the ball and played ball control

No doubt..that was my take last night. Bama movin away from they identity that saban built. Tried to play Clemson’s style. They should’ve ran the ball and played ball control

They were running the ball very well in the beginning of the game. They were taking chunks out of Clemson's defense.

My personal opinion is that their OC panicked when Clemson got up by a couple scores. They abandoned the downhill running game.

Advertisement
Can you ask your relative for mercy on some of these SFL kids being a take for them?
We need players too

Bama back seven wasn't good enough to keep pace with Clemson skill position players+good QB play

They were running the ball very well in the beginning of the game. They were taking chunks out of Clemson's defense.

My personal opinion is that their OC panicked when Clemson got up by a couple scores. They abandoned the downhill running game.
Yup. 14 points off picks too.

I saw no issue with Bama's offense last night other than the turnovers, the penalty at the one, and Saban's desire to punch it in by running it every time he got near the end zone. The one time they ran a play action bootleg the TE was wide open for Bama's second TD. After that though he just went run/run/run every time he got near the goal line. He became too predictable.
But between the 20's Bama moved the ball almost at will. I wouldn't change a thing if I were Bama except incorporate more play action pass near the goal line.

This. Locksley got super gun shy once he realized those Bama corners were not going to be able to keep it close enough for their liking...

It also didn't help with Tua getting fooled pretty bad with those Clemson corners jumping routes (one of which went for that pick 6)

Advertisement

Yep. And gave the game away. Down 14-13 you don’t abandoned the run. Especially if you’re averaging 5-7 yrds a carry. Grind the defense down, keep clem’s off the field. 4th qt play for the last possession. The one time bakkka should’ve played sec ball they don’t and lost lolol Good times.

that posession inside the 10 where they ran a bunch of gadget plays looked like James Coley had snuck into Bama's sideline

Advertisement
Alabama tried to get too cute. They needed to pound the ball, especially when their defense had trouble stopping Clemson. Venables was also confusing Tua, so the needed to take some of the load off him and make Venables commit more to stopping the running game.

be repeated

he should get CMR to come out of retirement and call plays
his plays worked 30 years ago exactly what saban wants

Advertisement
Back