Balom recaps Paradise, plans return visit this weekend

Advertisement
This guy was awesome at Paradise. He got his hands on more footballs than anybody. In the middle of 7on7s, Diaz walked up to Banda and I'm pretty sure he gave him the go-ahead to offer Balom right there.

Seems like we want two of Francois, Tennison and Balom.

How would you rank the safeties on talent alone?

Francois, Washington, Tennison, Balom, and Williams?

Advertisement
How would you rank the safeties on talent alone?

Francois, Washington, Tennison, Balom, and Williams?

Francois first, Washington last. Williams is the best athlete but I’m wary of guys that bounce around. Tennison is a prototype rover, not as good against the pass but a great football player. Balom is not elite at anything but is good at everything.

Really don't like this continual mindset on the defensive side of the ball where we try to get kids to recommit who clearly have no intention of doing so. I understand the Francois, Washington and Roberts use cases (they clearly decommitted because Diaz left), but it's clear as day that Williams and likely Tennison have little chance of hopping back into this class. It's hurt us in past classes so I really hope we give a kid like Balom the green light to commit before we get too deep into the fall.

Advertisement
Yeah, unless there are off-field issues that coaches know about but we don't, this kid is a take now. Figure out how to make room for one of other guys later if they want in. Or not. We're building a tight roster of kids that WANT to be here. Part of being a great college football player (or at any level for that matter) is the desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back