Baker visit and offer puts Canes near the forefront for 4-star DE Bryant

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
2020 Shadow Creek (TX) 4-star DE Alec Bryant received a visit at his school from Blake Baker today and the Miami Hurricanes defensive coordinator ended the trip by extending an offer to the LSU commit.

“It was an amazing feeling knowing I accomplished a childhood dream,” Bryant said of the UM offer. “Coach was telling me how they led the nation in TFL. He said to come to Miami and do what you do best.”

Earlier in the day on Twitter when announcing his offer, Bryant called Miami his “dream school”. While that’s a familiar trope for South Florida recruits, it was a bit different coming from a kid from Texas. What makes UM Bryant’s dream school?

“I just have family all through Florida, so I always grew up watching them,” Bryant said.

Now that he has the offer, Bryant says he has high interest in UM and wants to make an official visit. Coach Baker is planning on getting back in touch with Bryant tomorrow so that they can discuss setting a trip to Coral Gables up.

“Their style of aggressive play really suits me and I know I fit their defense,” Bryant said. “Can’t wait to check it out in person.”

Bryant has been committed to LSU since February, but admits he’s open to other schools. The talented defensive end says he wants to take officials to Oregon and OU, in addition to LSU and Miami.

“Let’s just say I’m open ears,” Bryant said when asked to describe his commitment status.

As a junior, Bryant had 69 tackles, 24 TFL, 13 sacks and made the All-State team for Shadow Creek in leading them to an undefeated regular season and the state title game. However, the Sharks fell to Highland Park in the championship, and in 2019, Bryant is looking to avenge that loss.

“I did great, had 13 sacks. We made it to states, but came up short,” Bryant said. “So my senior year, we will finish it.”

In the end, the 6-3 230 pound prospect says he is simply looking for the school that fits him best, among other factors.

“I just want somewhere that I fit their defense, doesn’t have a super-stacked depth chart, and where I have a great relationship with coaches.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
And look at what LSU (and UGA) is doing this cycle: they are going after and landing a lot of OOS guys, leaving a lot of local talent looking..... Good time for other teams to go into LA and pick up a great player....

I read on the UGA board they only have 2 in state guys left on their board as players they are highly interested in... They are all over Texas and out west this cycle...

We should always go after a few Texas and Louisiana kids. Baker should have some nice in-roads due to being at La Tech.

Btw the Mookie kid from East st Louis been going back and forth with him. Would be nice to get both of them.

Advertisement
We're all so full of ****. You know you love it when we are after another school's commit and we hear, “'Let’s just say I’m open ears,'” Bryant said when asked to describe his commitment status."

And you know how ape **** some of our posters would be if he was our commitment and said the same thing - "If he's looking' we're looking," "Only want true Canes," "He's no alpha," etc..

We're all so full of ****. You know you love it when we are after another school's commit and we hear, “'Let’s just say I’m open ears,'” Bryant said when asked to describe his commitment status."

And you know how ape **** some of our posters would be if he was our commitment and said the same thing - "If he's looking' we're looking," "Only want true Canes," "He's no alpha," etc..

Are you done?

Grow up *******

Advertisement

Oh Well lol

Yes. There will be no more huge DT with Baker. He wants speed on the field.
Very stupid take.

The kid is a DE all day, he plays Weak side but could also play on the Strong side after being in a S&C program.

He's naturally explosive pure pass rusher who gets after the QB, you don't take a prospect like that & move him inside at DT where we already have a bunch of guys at that spot for the next 2 years.

Gtfoh with that Folden mentality of trying to make an Elite high caliber DE into a DT.

Advertisement
The NFL draft says stay in Florida, empirical data doesn't lie, the bagman does an some recruits. The Florida kids play recruiting games because they are that good an have a different set of rules then kids from around the country, unfortunately for Miami.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Back