Baker visit and offer puts Canes near the forefront for 4-star DE Bryant

View as article
Clemson is full at DT for 2020 an has been for a while, as is UGA. So now he Smith is looking at Bama but there is 2 or 3 instate BAMA players that will get the nod before him. So he could end falling in Florida's lap or school like South Carolina or Tenn with their bagmen. But if Miami's has a good year who know's what could happen.

As for targeting a kid over 300, we targeted several over the last 2 years, we just lost them to the Bagman and a bad season such Jaqueze Sorrells, Jaelin Humphries, Denzel Daxon, and supposedly Tru Thompson. An the DT's we signed in 2019 are all a meatball parm and a medianoche with a mango juice to wash it down, away from 300lbs.

Also did you see what Clemson did BAMA, they whopped that *** with grown men upfront. An they weren't the bring 240lbs line an put weight on them they can into Clemson near the 300lbs or over it. Look at the Top 3 DT's in the country for 2020 who have all committed to Clemson 1 is over 300lbs and the other 2 are a large lunch and dinner away from 300lbs at DT it is go big an athletic or go home.

Go Canes
I dont think we actually pushed for those guys you mentioned though. Also Im not saying that they wont go after some 300 pounders but this kid isnt just a 300 pounder he is a burger away from 350

Advertisement
Isn't Jalen Carter about 300lbs

Yes but he carries it very well and easy

Very stupid take.

The kid is a DE all day, he plays Weak side but could also play on the Strong side after being in a S&C program.

He's naturally explosive pure pass rusher who gets after the QB, you don't take a prospect like that & move him inside at DT where we already have a bunch of guys at that spot for the next 2 years.

Gtfoh with that Folden mentality of trying to make an Elite high caliber DE into a DT.
Dudes cooked

Lol D revolden

Advertisement
I dont think we actually pushed for those guys you mentioned though. Also Im not saying that they wont go after some 300 pounders but this kid isnt just a 300 pounder he is a burger away from 350

He can move for a big man.

Go Canes

This effort he’s making in Texas and Louisiana just feels like a great move.
I think this must go back to his time spent in Louisiana. Probably still has good connections with HS coaches in Louisiana and Texas. I like it. Put SF recruits on notice. We'll go elsewhere if you want to slow play us.

2020 Shadow Creek (TX) 4-star DE Alec Bryant received a visit at his school from Blake Baker today and the Miami Hurricanes defensive coordinator ended the trip by extending an offer to the LSU commit.

“It was an amazing feeling knowing I accomplished a childhood dream,” Bryant said of the UM offer. “Coach was telling me how they led the nation in TFL. He said to come to Miami and do what you do best.”

Earlier in the day on Twitter when announcing his offer, Bryant called Miami his “dream school”. While that’s a familiar trope for South Florida recruits, it was a bit different coming from a kid from Texas. What makes UM Bryant’s dream school?

“I just have family all through Florida, so I always grew up watching them,” Bryant said.

Now that he has the offer, Bryant says he has high interest in UM and wants to make an official visit. Coach Baker is planning on getting back in touch with Bryant tomorrow so that they can discuss setting a trip to Coral Gables up.

“Their style of aggressive play really suits me and I know I fit their defense,” Bryant said. “Can’t wait to check it out in person.”

Bryant has been committed to LSU since February, but admits he’s open to other schools. The talented defensive end says he wants to take officials to Oregon and OU, in addition to LSU and Miami.

“Let’s just say I’m open ears,” Bryant said when asked to describe his commitment status.

As a junior, Bryant had 69 tackles, 24 TFL, 13 sacks and made the All-State team for Shadow Creek in leading them to an undefeated regular season and the state title game. However, the Sharks fell to Highland Park in the championship, and in 2019, Bryant is looking to avenge that loss.

“I did great, had 13 sacks. We made it to states, but came up short,” Bryant said. “So my senior year, we will finish it.”

In the end, the 6-3 230 pound prospect says he is simply looking for the school that fits him best, among other factors.

“I just want somewhere that I fit their defense, doesn’t have a super-stacked depth chart, and where I have a great relationship with coaches.”

Excellent overview Stefan! Thanks again!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back