Baker visit and offer puts Canes near the forefront for 4-star DE Bryant

Advertisement
How about big and fast. The three 2019 DT's appear to fit that mold. Think all will end up around 295 lbs and retain their quickness.

1st on my Miami Christmas list is 2020 DT Timothy Smith

2nd is the list is 2020 DT Jalen Carter from Apopka

3rd is Manny Rogers from Jensen beach

Pulling those 2 would be frightening for the ACC teams we schedule not to mention most of p5 schools.

Go Canes

Last edited:
We're all so full of ****. You know you love it when we are after another school's commit and we hear, “'Let’s just say I’m open ears,'” Bryant said when asked to describe his commitment status."

And you know how ape **** some of our posters would be if he was our commitment and said the same thing - "If he's looking' we're looking," "Only want true Canes," "He's no alpha," etc..
That is exactly what I want to happened. I am a Miami fan after all, **** LSU.

Advertisement
Very stupid take.

The kid is a DE all day, he plays Weak side but could also play on the Strong side after being in a S&C program.

He's naturally explosive pure pass rusher who gets after the QB, you don't take a prospect like that & move him inside at DT where we already have a bunch of guys at that spot for the next 2 years.

Gtfoh with that Folden mentality of trying to make an Elite high caliber DE into a DT.
No more Chickillo experiments

Very stupid take.

The kid is a DE all day, he plays Weak side but could also play on the Strong side after being in a S&C program.

He's naturally explosive pure pass rusher who gets after the QB, you don't take a prospect like that & move him inside at DT where we already have a bunch of guys at that spot for the next 2 years.

Gtfoh with that Folden mentality of trying to make an Elite high caliber DE into a DT.
Whether u think it's stupid or not is your opinion. The FACT is that Baker said he wants speed on the field. I'm pretty sure he went as far as to say he would sacrifice size if that meant getting more speed and athleticism on the field. The days of having run stopping oversized DT is over in this defense. Go cry about it

Whether u think it's stupid or not is your opinion. The FACT is that Baker said he wants speed on the field. I'm pretty sure he went as far as to say he would sacrifice size if that meant getting more speed and athleticism on the field. The days of having run stopping oversized DT is over in this defense. Go cry about it
But what does that have to do with this prospect?

He fits the mold of exactly what we're looking for at DE, he's fast with a long armed frame & relentless pass rusher with a great motor.

He's being offered as strictly a DE & if he signed with us there's no way he would be moved to DT. He has the same physical build as Jon Garvin, especially once he's in a S& C program, he's the perfect Edge rusher for our style of Defense.

How does anybody watch his tape & think he should be a DT?

Very stupid take.

Thank you! This mentallity has ****ed us and has ****ed a lot of players up. No need to bulk a guy up if hes a speed rushing lean and athletic DE

Advertisement
1st on my Miami Christmas list is 2020 DT Timothy Smith

2nd is the list is 2020 DT Jalen Carter from Apopka

3rd is Manny Rogers from Jensen beach

Pulling those 2 would be frightening for the ACC teams we schedule not to mention most of p5 schools.

Go Canes
Tim Smith is interesting. I expected him to commit to Clemson early but Im not sure he is a take there anymore. Would love to have him but I dont think we will push due to our recent MO. The staff has yet to target a DT over 300 pounds in the last 2 cycles and they arent after any 300+ pounders in the next 2 cycles. Tim Smith is 340+

Tim Smith is interesting. I expected him to commit to Clemson early but Im not sure he is a take there anymore. Would love to have him but I dont think we will push due to our recent MO. The staff has yet to target a DT over 300 pounds in the last 2 cycles and they arent after any 300+ pounders in the next 2 cycles. Tim Smith is 340+
Isn't Jalen Carter about 300lbs

Guys we have our DT with Moise and Riggins. We are only losing Bethel and the UCLA guy after this year. Idk if Martin will leave before this season or next. Think taking 2 DT’s is fine. Maybe 3 depending on if anyone else bails. I highly doubt Jalen Carter will come here.

Clemson is full at DT for 2020 an has been for a while, as is UGA. So now he Smith is looking at Bama but there is 2 or 3 instate BAMA players that will get the nod before him. So he could end falling in Florida's lap or school like South Carolina or Tenn with their bagmen. But if Miami's has a good year who know's what could happen.

As for targeting a kid over 300, we targeted several over the last 2 years, we just lost them to the Bagman and a bad season such Jaqueze Sorrells, Jaelin Humphries, Denzel Daxon, and supposedly Tru Thompson. An the DT's we signed in 2019 are all a meatball parm and a medianoche with a mango juice to wash it down, away from 300lbs.

Also did you see what Clemson did BAMA, they whopped that *** with grown men upfront. An they weren't the bring 240lbs line an put weight on them they can into Clemson near the 300lbs or over it. Look at the Top 3 DT's in the country for 2020 who have all committed to Clemson 1 is over 300lbs and the other 2 are a large lunch and dinner away from 300lbs at DT it is go big an athletic or go home.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd like to see him put on some weight and move inside tbh. He would eat
You should read the Chickillo thread. I think it's too risky unless the kid is already a huge de at like 250-260 naturally....not 230.

Advertisement
Clemson is full at DT for 2020 an has been for a while, as is UGA. So now he Smith is looking at Bama but there is 2 or 3 instate BAMA players that will get the nod before him. So he could end falling in Florida's lap or school like South Carolina or Tenn with their bagmen. But if Miami's has a good year who know's what could happen.

As for targeting a kid over 300, we targeted several over the last 2 years, we just lost them to the Bagman and a bad season such Jaqueze Sorrells, Jaelin Humphries, Denzel Daxon, and supposedly Tru Thompson. An the DT's we signed in 2019 are all a meatball parm and a medianoche with a mango juice to wash it down, away from 300lbs.

Also did you see what Clemson did BAMA, they whopped that *** with grown men upfront. An they weren't the bring 240lbs line an put weight on them they can into Clemson near the 300lbs or over it. Look at the Top 3 DT's in the country for 2020 who have all committed to Clemson 1 is over 300lbs and the other 2 are a large lunch and dinner away from 300lbs at DT it is go big an athletic or go home.

Go Canes

Go Canes
Georgia is after Carter and the kid fromIMG I don’t think there full yet

Advertisement
Back