Baker goes in-depth on injury updates, roster construction, and recruiting

Saying we had an “Above Average” defense after facing offenses like FIU, GT, Louisiana Tech, Duke, FSU, CMU, and Bethune in 2019 is pretty much an indictment. Just saying. Read that list of teams again. Good gawd.

Manny had to step in - or the results would have been worse. Remember? Another count.

WITH THAT SAID - I agree with the premise that we would have won a ton of more games with a better offense over the years. But. I think what people are failing to realize is we would have repeatedly been embarrassed on both sides of the ball should we have eventually faced much better teams - like Clemson (or Wisconsin). Just think, Manny’s defense allowed Clemson’s terrible QB to hit on his first 17(?) passes. We got totally out coached. That would be our reality outside of the Coastal.

Having an above average defense versus the trash we faced in 2019 pretty much speaks for itself. Baker is Bush League.

Advertisement
Saying we had an “Above Average” defense after facing offenses like FIU, GT, Louisiana Tech, Duke, FSU, CMU, and Bethune in 2019 is pretty much an indictment. Just saying. Read that list of teams again. Good gawd.

Manny had to step in - or the results would have been worse. Remember? Another count.

WITH THAT SAID - I agree with the premise that we would have won a ton of more games with a better offense over the years. But. I think what people are failing to realize is we would have repeatedly been embarrassed on both sides of the ball should we have eventually faced much better teams - like Clemson (or Wisconsin). Just think, Manny’s defense allowed Clemson’s terrible QB to hit on his first 17(?) passes. We got totally out coached. That would be our reality outside of the Coastal.

Having an above average defense versus the trash we faced in 2019 pretty much speaks for itself. Baker is Bush League.
We could play that game forever, though. We had an above average defense even compared to teams who faced similar teams we did. I realize you (and I) think it should have been better. I acknowledge the system has holes, generally. And, I acknowledge Diaz had to step in. I still don't think it's enough to fire the DC after last year.

We could play that game forever, though. We had an above average defense even compared to teams who faced similar teams we did. I realize you (and I) think it should have been better. I acknowledge the system has holes, generally. And, I acknowledge Diaz had to step in. I still don't think it's enough to fire the DC after last year.

Well anyone with a pulse knows he wasn’t going to get fired. I mean Patke still has a job. But, I hear ya.

“As good of a coach as some out there might think we are, we can’t coach speed.”

Who the f**k thinks this??

Advertisement
Man, Blake Baker is a ****face. This guy couldn’t call a defense to save his life last year and thinks that things are going to turn around this year with the quarantine. Most importantly, he seems to think that the injured players are some how going to get better via ZOOM therapy. Get this imbecile the **** out of Miami, please.
How about you get the **** off of our board! He isn't going any where so jump off a cliff! Oh...and isn't every college doing the zoom Don't hear you talking about the clemson, bama, mich, fsu, Florida, dc!

To us homers this dude has no business being DC here. But Miami sucks so someone as unqualified as Baker actually does belong at a place where 7-5 is the norm. Can we confirm if Manual took over play-calling duties after the VT debacle?
Hey rok, what's YOUR reasoning for the dislike of baker?

Advertisement

Um...the offense didn't do there job so that probably made the defense don't give a xxxx! But let me guess that's bakers fault....now if it happens with lashlee's offense then let's get baker outta here!!

i must be right, because your attacking me instead of talking football!
Graham was gonna be first read because they needed a first down, donald dropped taking away first read. Simple math job done by donald and dc for calling the right defense to take away graham!

Advertisement
Well anyone with a pulse knows he wasn’t going to get fired. I mean Patke still has a job. But, I hear ya.
Patke was promoted from ga! So, in theory you have to give him time to justify the promotion and he needs experience and is getting it from diaz and baker who have experience.

Exactly.

Guys constantly dumb down the standard. It used to be when Shannon dipped to 7th in the country in D, everyone would be killing him. Now, when stank *** Kurt Benkert, Kelly Bryant, and Hornifacquit set personal records on us in what seemed to be rapid fire succession we're looking for reasons to excuse it away.

Overall, the stats are OK, but if you watch the games, there are far too many clunkers even against some really bad teams that shouldn't be doing anything against UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back