Baker goes in-depth on injury updates, roster construction, and recruiting

View as article
Diaz as Dc was pretty good at 2nd half adjustments

Yes but we weren’t last year under Baker and quite frankly were sloppy in 2018 under Diaz in several 4th quarters. I feel opposing offenses have learned to predict our adjustments, too. And Baker is a thinned version of Diaz.

Advertisement
I believe it was blitz replace principles for example sending and outside backer and replacing his assignment in a passing situation with a defensive end who might be a “ curl” or “ flat” dropper.

So then you wouldn't be "voiding" a zone like Baker's "zone void pressures".
It would be more sound, you could say.

So then you wouldn't be "voiding" a zone like Baker's "zone void pressures".
It would be more sound, you could say.
Yes technically your right that would NOT be considered “ avoiding a zone” but to my point earlier in this thread some zones might be voided in your blitz package based on data from film of the opposing team and what they are trying to accomplish on specific down and distance.

I hear you, but leaving guys wide open is a schematic issue not a talent issue. What I saw on film in that clinic, this guy would have Deion Sanders playing a deep third while the receiver in front of him ran a wide open slant.

Forgive me, I'm just not a zone-blitz guy. Never been a fan of it.
Trust me im not either, i believe you have to multiple on defense with the ability to adjust on the fly when a team is putting pressure on your defense and you need quality depth! Hopefully with the hire of lashlee and this offense is gonna force diaz/ baker to get with the program.

Advertisement
Back