Bagmen... out of the shadows (NIL approved. Starts in Jan)

Bingo, it's another nail in the coffin for us.

Said that all along.

All you have to do is look at butts in the seats. The city of Miami doesn't care and only shows up to say they were there when we're good.

The city also has a large percentage of Gators, Noles, etc. These state schools have generations of fans for their school. They literally have huge *** watch and block parties if they aren't at the games and most of the fanbase isn't.

The only hope we have is if lightning strikes for a third time. Then you build from that and sell the area.

Advertisement
If your telling me that kids have been leaving south Florida to these places for the past 15 years and money has nothing g to do with it but change of scenery does then I guess the earth is flat and space is fake. Yes maybe a kid here or there may want to leave. But amazing how every sofla blue chip kid wants a change of $cenery. Just like kids from everywhere all wanted a change of scenery to SoCal when usc was buying kids.
Google Baton Rouge and then click on images. I spent 4 weeks there and I can only imagine the type of sht they have to give kids to make them go there. Funny how when they turn pro the change of scenery automatically is a condo down here for a lot of nfl players and not that Awesome scenery in sec-ville.

Were you a student there and treated like a king everywhere you went? Hot chicks everywhere, parties all the time, etc?

That's where people get things twisted. Big colleges and the attention you get at these big *** schools is a huge draw. That and a shot to play for it all with being known to produce NFL talent, come on. It's not hard to sell many big campuses.

Don't even get me started on SOBE. Our players, doubt they go much, if at all. Small broke *** fish in a big pond. It's great they're playing college ball, but over there are some NFL players, next to them some NBA players, oh look it's MLB, movie star, musician, model, millionaire, billionaire, etc. Different world man.

I don’t think something like this will give us an advantage but I’m seeing posts about Car Dealership examples and how more local college folks would buy cars off a Bama guy promoting. Why would this matter? It’s all about how much money up front these kids will get, if a Miami dealership gives X player $50,000 and a Bama dealership $50,000, it doesn’t matter if 1 person in Miami buys a car or 100 Bama folks buy a car the kid is making $50,000.

Im hoping we would have an advantage with all the clubs and night life opportunities we have. A logical business person cares about return on investment but some business boosters will only care about return on field investment and not so much on the business side.

we will see

NCAA is going to impose a limit on $ players can urn. SEC bagmen will still bee employed after this kicks inn.

NCAA is going to impose a limit on $ players can urn. SEC bagmen will still bee employed after this kicks inn.

#facts but even with a limit I find it hard to believe NCAA won’t get total 💩 from the country if they decide to attempt to put a school on probation if the kid earns more than the limit.

Advertisement

To be honest, that may even be okay. If it's a decent amount, then it at least let's the kid be on the up and up while being set so they can turn down the illegal crap.

lol, who am I kidding. Those cats would be few and far between. Give them a taste, their families a taste, and they'll be begging for more. Back to the same old same old with bags, but now you have more hanger ons who think you owe them something. They set you and yours up with this, that, and whatever.

It's gonna be like the Wild West.

SVP on ESPN basically just said every 5 star kid will get into a bidding war to go to schools, and it will be disguised as payment for likeness.

This won’t be good for us under our current state. Not w our current ticket slanger AD.

If your telling me that kids have been leaving south Florida to these places for the past 15 years and money has nothing g to do with it but change of scenery does then I guess the earth is flat and space is fake. Yes maybe a kid here or there may want to leave. But amazing how every sofla blue chip kid wants a change of $cenery. Just like kids from everywhere all wanted a change of scenery to SoCal when usc was buying kids.
Google Baton Rouge and then click on images. I spent 4 weeks there and I can only imagine the type of sht they have to give kids to make them go there. Funny how when they turn pro the change of scenery automatically is a condo down here for a lot of nfl players and not that Awesome scenery in sec-ville.
Good for you, keep it up

Advertisement
I don’t think something like this will give us an advantage but I’m seeing posts about Car Dealership examples and how more local college folks would buy cars off a Bama guy promoting. Why would this matter? It’s all about how much money up front these kids will get, if a Miami dealership gives X player $50,000 and a Bama dealership $50,000, it doesn’t matter if 1 person in Miami buys a car or 100 Bama folks buy a car the kid is making $50,000.

Im hoping we would have an advantage with all the clubs and night life opportunities we have. A logical business person cares about return on investment but some business boosters will only care about return on field investment and not so much on the business side.

we will see
That’s the key part. In Miami they care about that ROI. In Birmingham, AL they are just going to use this as a way to get money into pockets above the table.

I live in Atlanta... this entire city is Bama, Georgia, Auburn, etc. and people here actually give a **** about college football. That pretty much negates the Miami advantage.

I hope it doesn’t shake out this way, but I think y’all are overestimating how much people in Miami care and will spend money on these advertisements and underestimating the scope of business in the south as a region and what their business owners priorities are. Going back to that car example... that same guy is funneling money now with absolutely zero benefit. This is not going to dissuade him from doing more, or having others now partake.

Tbh if we don’t have national star players how much will this matter for us?...the schools that get the top recruits and have the top national stars will benefit the most..results on the field have to change

You mean kids producing results such as the 2019 season won’t have much fan appeal? I guess Brock and that Orlando cat could buy all the products JT endorses.

Last edited:
Unless we win. When you win in Miami there isn't a hotter ticket. Town is so bandwagon it's ridiculous.

True, but we've been saying that for 15 years and it hasn’t happened yet. All that does is bring up the recruiting argument about win and they’ll come or they aren’t coming regardless.

As for now this doesn’t make us any more marketable. Our three stars aren’t gonna get the same treatment as small town superstars.

Advertisement
SVP on ESPN basically just said every 5 star kid will get into a bidding war to go to schools, and it will be disguised as payment for likeness.

This won’t be good for us under our current state. Not w our current ticket slanger AD.

With respect to this, it doesn’t really matter who the AD is.

Its always been that way but this time it will be out in the open.

I wonder though if eventually this will cause some dissension in the locker rooms.

Advertisement
#facts but even with a limit I find it hard to believe NCAA won’t get total 💩 from the country if they decide to attempt to put a school on probation if the kid earns more than the limit.
I guess it depends. I'll use an extreme example: Ten players get a total of $14M a year in under the table payments from the school itself, using a slush fund created out of siphoning money from building improvements. School has been raising tuition and activity fees, impacting the overall student population, and part of that increase is the illicit payments to a subsection of the student population.

NIL is already being used in recruiting...

Gattis%20-%20biggest%20stage.jpg

my point wasnt that UM(or even) needs to be actively organizing how to (indirectly) pay anyone...

the program needs to get the message out (to recruits) that playing ball in miami has definite inherent advantages (compared to a clemson or gainsville or Tallahassee)

the program only needs to make an effort to teach these kids how to market themselves(and then market market market so those (recruits) KNOW UM they can help them.
anyone that advertises at a stadium...on this website... in a program.. those are all examples of folks that the players(themselves) need to know how to interact with

at the very least... UM can *not* get behind the curve on this.
manny, if you are unsure what to do here.. just DM @SammySilv and bring him on as a consultant for a month or 2.

this NIL thing is practically gift wrapped for programs located on 'urban' campuses.
take advantage.

Advertisement
Back