Bagmen - Bama

Advertisement
The only thing that surprises me is that we don't see more kids outing each other or certain programs. You know a 3-star kid who's lightly recruited isn't gonna get much. It's not all that uncommon to see one of those 3-stars go and outperform another 5-star kid at his same position, and one who surely got more $$ to sign than the 3-star did. I would expect that most guys would never say anything, but there is a somewhat insulting element to not dedicating the same $$ to each recruit. Surprises me we don't ever see anyone not toeing the line after not getting as much.

Apparently the only rule is, just dont have your Bagman being a douchie ponzi schemer and fleece retirees out of their pensions.

Exactly my take. If you create a public scene the NCAA has no choice but to take a hard line. I don't buy the myth of scapegoating certain schools. If you handle your business you won't get any major penalties.

Miami's scandal was minor but way too public. Ole Miss had too many things come out publicly. People always complain about Alabama and you see a few stupid social media posts every once-in-a-while, but they avoid a smoking gun. LSU has a way of doing things (that also extends to politics) that is efficient and quiet so they get left alone.

What a bunch of stupid fūcking questions.

Please don’t answer these idiots.

Makes me question whether people posing these questions are really this stupid or just trolls.

I appreciate the insight guys but i think you all are missing the question.....Question is how do the coaches react to this. They have actual real relationships with these recruits and their families so im sure way more ****ed than we on the board are....i know the generic answers....recruit harder, etc etc...

Advertisement
coaches don't know or wanna know !!!!

Willful ignorance of the bag game is a necessity for the coaches. They don't want to ever be photographed with the bag man. But deep down they are thankful those guys exist. Do you really think young black kids just think that Nick Saban or Kirby Smart are so **** chill? The whole thing requires looking the other way

This is a question out of curiosity from someone outside the loop to those in the know......

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]a, [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION], [MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION], [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION], @imjamesjacksonbrother...or anyone else who may have a clue

I frequently see mentions and hints of Bagmen and boosters dropping bags. At this point we all know its part of the game. BUT when a school, like say an Alabama, does it so blatantly and frequently do other coaches just take it on the chin and chalk it up to "its all part of the game"?

I mean this is maybe the 4th year straight when Miami has held a commit from a kid for over a year and Saban comes in, "drops a bag" and the kid tweets about making the best decision for his family. Fans get irritated and blast the kid on twitter or scream about it on here but what do the coaches do? Do they report these schools to the conference? or NCAA? (laughable but it is the "governing body). or drop hints to a reporter to expose them? Do they stack bags for the next cycle and try to get payback?Im sure they arent happy and its hard for me to picture them just taking it.

Here is the sad truth about the bagman. You can't really do anything about it. Go ask Phil Fulmer how that worked out when he snitched on Alabama back in the day. Alabama got probation and then went on to sign Nick Saban, win ships, and their back at it again while Fulmer being the most hated man in Alabama. Now imagine some dude living in Alabama snitching on Alabama.. His life would be ****. I mean people in Alabama shooting each other over the Iron bowl, the most overrated rivalry, arguments. They'll probably be treated like a *** in **** Germany.

If your asking where is our bagman.. we don't have that much big time boosters to begin with let alone people who will pay for some kid's services for football or sports in general.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No big time program is totally clean. It's in everybody's best interest not to snitch

So why doesn't a smaller program with a weak bag game snitch on the big guys? Not snitching only makes sense if you think it will hurt you just as much, and it clearly wouldn't.

I'm not doubting that bags drop, I'm honestly baffled as to how nobody every talks. Plenty of ****ed off kids out there who got lied to, or who's dream simply didn't come true. What's the incentive for them to not talk?

I heard a joke that the $EC created Bitcoin to be able to pay recruits.

Then I realized that it wasnt too much of a joke...

I’d sure like to know what kind of cash UGA is doling out to get THIS class.....no way they’re Bringing in all of these studs two years in a row without dropping HUUUGGEE chunks change..

I’d sure like to know what kind of cash UGA is doling out to get THIS class.....no way they’re Bringing in all of these studs two years in a row without dropping HUUUGGEE chunks change..

Bama had multiple bagmen, he was one of the biggest.

Advertisement
No big time program is totally clean. It's in everybody's best interest not to snitch

So why doesn't a smaller program with a weak bag game snitch on the big guys? Not snitching only makes sense if you think it will hurt you just as much, and it clearly wouldn't.

I'm not doubting that bags drop, I'm honestly baffled as to how nobody every talks. Plenty of ****ed off kids out there who got lied to, or who's dream simply didn't come true. What's the incentive for them to not talk?

A lot of them DO talk. The problem is that nobody listens.

Advertisement
It's been going for years, rules don't apply to BAMA or anyone in the SEC for that matter. I am happy with our kids, let's celebrate them.

It's been going for years, rules don't apply to BAMA or anyone in the SEC for that matter. Ole miss got in trouble because Bama ed about it. That Chevrolet dealership is just for show.

LSU has 1.5 million dollar fund set aside to use to lure recruits if necessary......Not saying they use this EVERY year but some years it's not enough.The one year it wasn't was the year Fournette,Malichi Dupree and Speedy Noil came out...it's why Noil ended up at A&M...

I'm sure other SEC schools along with schools like Texas,Clemson OSU etc also have Like amounts set aside.Schools like Bama and UGA there's no telling what they pay out.

NCAA doesn't want to know..or admit to knowing.They will take down a school like Ole Miss or a MIami as a scape goat school an say "see we are policing it"...yea right.

Miami and USC are not scape goats. They are private schools that challenged the huge state school control of college football and therefore signaled out for punishment every chance there is.

Advertisement
Back