baga D vs King/U offense

blinking trailer park boys GIF

Advertisement
And then he disrespects the GOAT by calling himself Billy D Williams to add insult. Smh.

Im sure we have all Summer to breakdown this game. But first and foremost, if our WRs cant win one on one battles with the Bama secondary and if Mallory can't win his fair share of one on ones..It will be a long night. Very long. I think King will have time to find open WRs..but will they get seperation is the key. I dont think Bama will respect our WRs until proven otherwise. Thats actually my biggest concern.

The big question for this year is how much better is Donaldson/Rivers vs. Clark/Scaife and Pope/Wiggins vs. Rambo/K. Smith? If the answer is sizeable, we might be able to shock Bama and score some points.
Us scoring on them won’t shock me. Us playing good situational football on the big stage will say a lot. I know we can create big plays on them. The question is can we respond when they punch them counter punch. It’s easy to get out early and front run per se. but how do we respond in a dog fight. The Nc state game was a good example. But we all know this a different test

Their game plan will be very simple IMO.
  1. They will squeeze the pocket making the shorter King see and throw over the D Line which if we're honest can't do.
  2. Their blitzes will come behind stunt action up the middle, our OL doesn't know how to pass off, and off the slot when we lined up closer to the tackle.
  3. They will smother the short seam routes and short middle forcing King to throw to the sidelines or deep which IMO he doesn't do well. They will jump and intercept out passes.
  4. Will shut down running lanes and forget running wide. Saban defenses too well coached and too fast. Quite frankly our OL has to play out of its mind for us to make it a game.
I know not what we want to hear, but we know how well Sabags defenses play and how well they recruit, see SoFl. If we real with ourselves we in a position of hoping and wondering if our OL can handle their Defense. I won't apologize for thinking a limited midget QB with questionable OL will fare well. I pray I'm wrong Cane Family.
You forgot to tell us da score with your opinion filled rant!!

Advertisement
This was the formula used by Clemson and to a lesser extent, Pitt to stop our offense. Pinch the defensive line to clog or collapse the middle of the offensive line. Press the outside receivers and dare them to beat man coverage. Crowd the line with an extra man in the box to contain outside running lanes and bring additional pressure. The line, specifically the interior, was not good enough to overcome the defense's focus on stuffing the inside run. The receivers have to beat the jam and force the defense to help defend over the top, thus eliminating the extra box defender. This is where Pope and Wiggins' weaknesses really hurt the team. The drops were bad but the inability to beat press coverage consistently allowed defenses with decent corners to just play one on one the whole game. Clemson's corners were good enough to totally shut out our outside receivers, allowing them to bring pressure at will and use a spare defender in the box or near the line. Pitt tried the same tactics and their superior defensive line did an admiral job but they just didn't have the horses on the back end and got burned for big plays too often. NCSt tried it too but they just didn't have the talent to match up and got beat over the top over and over by pretty much every receiver we had.
How many SEC openers does our fanbase need to see that if the O-line can't effectively run block, or pick up stunts and you don't have high quality WRs (when you can get the ball off), it's gonna be a tough matchup, that we end up on the wrong side of?

We have mostly the same O-line group,with all those starts: But still we'll need a monumental jump this offseason (as an entire cohesive unit) to counter that game plan. Hope they did, but having played the position for 10 years, I'm skeptical because of how they got manhandled a few times last season - especialy against Clemson's young, new DL.

How many SEC openers does our fanbase need to see that if the O-line can't effectively run block, or pick up stunts and you don't have high quality WRs (when you can get the ball off), it's gonna be a tough matchup, that we end up on the wrong side of?

We have mostly the same O-line group,with all those starts: But still we'll need a monumental jump this offseason (as an entire cohesive unit) to counter that game plan. Hope they did, but having played the position for 10 years, I'm skeptical because of how they got manhandled a few times last season - especialy against Clemson's young, new DL.
We’ll likely have 4 different starters than the group who started against Clemson (3 of you don’t consider moving Scaife to tackle). Still it won’t matter if we don’t give opponents a reason to respect the outside receivers. They will still overload the box and outnumber the blockers if we allow them to play with their corners on islands. Even if the line is massively improved, it’s unrealistic to expect them to just manhandle any decent front if there’s no legit passing threat.

How Lashlee, Justice, and Likens have our guys ready for Bama's physicality on D is going to very important as well. They're strong, fast, and hit hard. Going to need some guys to break tackles too.

Advertisement
We’ll likely have 4 different starters than the group who started against Clemson (3 of you don’t consider moving Scaife to tackle). Still it won’t matter if we don’t give opponents a reason to respect the outside receivers. They will still overload the box and outnumber the blockers if we allow them to play with their corners on islands. Even if the line is massively improved, it’s unrealistic to expect them to just manhandle any decent front if there’s no legit passing threat.
That this far into his career we're still trying to figure out what to do with Scaife says much - and three years ago, I was excited about him.

The telltale signs of trouble on an O-line is when you're constantIy playing "musical chairs" - that's bad evaI and coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pope and Wiggins got demoted from WR1 and WR2 to maybe WR 4 and 5 at best this year. We will not be relying on them. The O line will be fine. And Bama QB is the midget. and like 19 years old. instead of 23. And has like 7,000 less passing yards on the collegiate level. Soooo maybe we just might have a shot idk

That this far into his career we're still trying to figure out what to do with Scaife says much - and three years ago, I was excited about him.

The telltale signs of trouble on an O-line is when you're constantIy playing "musical chairs" - that's bad evaI and coaching.
There's no doubt that they've had to cobble together lines over the last two seasons because of poor recruiting and bad evaluations. They had to play Scaife out of position at G because they had nobody else. The fact that they moved him back to RT and he's currently beating out last season's starter (who was decent) says a lot. The changes to the line are an upgrade though. The trio of Donaldson, Rivers and Oluwaseun is a much better combination than the Clark Scaife combo at guard last year. We actually have experienced depth for the first time in forever. Campbell, Williams and Clark can all step into action and not embarrass themselves. I mean, it's not the second coming of the 2001 line but the 2021 line should be competent.

Advertisement
Back