baga D vs King/U offense

False information
Their game plan will be very simple IMO.
  1. They will squeeze the pocket making the shorter King see and throw over the D Line which if we're honest can't do.
  2. Their blitzes will come behind stunt action up the middle, our OL doesn't know how to pass off, and off the slot when we lined up closer to the tackle.
  3. They will smother the short seam routes and short middle forcing King to throw to the sidelines or deep which IMO he doesn't do well. They will jump and intercept out passes.
  4. Will shut down running lanes and forget running wide. Saban defenses too well coached and too fast. Quite frankly our OL has to play out of its mind for us to make it a game.
I know not what we want to hear, but we know how well Sabags defenses play and how well they recruit, see SoFl. If we real with ourselves we in a position of hoping and wondering if our OL can handle their Defense. I won't apologize for thinking a limited midget QB with questionable OL will fare well. I pray I'm wrong Cane Family.

Advertisement
  1. They will squeeze the pocket making the shorter King see and throw over the D Line which if we're honest can't do.
  2. Their blitzes will come behind stunt action up the middle, our OL doesn't know how to pass off, and off the slot when we lined up closer to the tackle.
  3. They will smother the short seam routes and short middle forcing King to throw to the sidelines or deep which IMO he doesn't do well. They will jump and intercept out passes.
  4. Will shut down running lanes and forget running wide. Saban defenses too well coached and too fast. Quite frankly our OL has to play out of its mind for us to make it a game.
I know not what we want to hear, but we know how well Sabags defenses play and how well they recruit, see SoFl. If we real with ourselves we in a position of hoping and wondering if our OL can handle their Defense. I won't apologize for thinking a limited midget QB with questionable OL will fare well. I pray I'm wrong Cane Family.
Tell us how you really feel

Advertisement
You're not praying you are wrong, you could care less. We lose you bump this thread and said you knew it all along. You're wrong you're cheering like you never wrote this or, even more likely, you wait until we lose or barely beat an "easy" team and post about how we are all smoke and mirrors.

"Midget" quarterback tells me everything about you

Last edited:
It's going to come down to whether or not our WR's can get open quickly to me. I have faith that our OL will be improved this year enough so that King won't be running for his life on every drop back. Will need Rambo and Harley to get open quick and help D'Eriq out. They've got some question marks in the secondary outside of Jobe and Battle. Lots of guys without actual meaningful experience. Their LBs are downright scary so running game will be an issue. No one on the DL is terrifying to me honestly (unless you count Anderson as a DL instead of an LB). Not going to be easy by any means and on paper they have the means to make this a nightmare game for us. With that said, that's why the games aren't played on paper.

Advertisement
200.gif

I’m not convinced our OL can’t take a step forward. Nelson, a slim down Donaldson and Rivers are good enough. If gaynor and scaife can add strength then we’ll be fine. What I don’t wanna see is guys like Pope, Wiggins, Carter and others getting overmatched and Manny dapping them up and keeping them in there. Bench them and get the next guy in there.

You could have made your points without referring to King as a midget...

Advertisement
Crowd the LOS/bring pressure
Press 1v1 on the outside
Attack the interior of the OL

That was the formula last year (see Clemson) and that will be the formula again until we start burning teams on the outside. Lashlee is going to have to call the game of his life to overcome the talent discrepancy. We're not going to out-talent them or push them around either. It can be done, we've seen teams torch Bama in the past but it's a big task ahead. A diverse run game, calling the counter shots at the right time, and most importantly, executing when the opportunities are there.

Advertisement
Crowd the LOS/bring pressure
Press 1v1 on the outside
Attack the interior of the OL

That was the formula last year (see Clemson) and that will be the formula again until we start burning teams on the outside. Lashlee is going to have to call the game of his life to overcome the talent discrepancy. We're not going to out-talent them or push them around either. It can be done, we've seen teams torch Bama in the past but it's a big task ahead. A diverse run game, calling the counter shots at the right time, and most importantly, executing when the opportunities are there.
This was the formula used by Clemson and to a lesser extent, Pitt to stop our offense. Pinch the defensive line to clog or collapse the middle of the offensive line. Press the outside receivers and dare them to beat man coverage. Crowd the line with an extra man in the box to contain outside running lanes and bring additional pressure. The line, specifically the interior, was not good enough to overcome the defense's focus on stuffing the inside run. The receivers have to beat the jam and force the defense to help defend over the top, thus eliminating the extra box defender. This is where Pope and Wiggins' weaknesses really hurt the team. The drops were bad but the inability to beat press coverage consistently allowed defenses with decent corners to just play one on one the whole game. Clemson's corners were good enough to totally shut out our outside receivers, allowing them to bring pressure at will and use a spare defender in the box or near the line. Pitt tried the same tactics and their superior defensive line did an admiral job but they just didn't have the horses on the back end and got burned for big plays too often. NCSt tried it too but they just didn't have the talent to match up and got beat over the top over and over by pretty much every receiver we had.

This was the formula used by Clemson and to a lesser extent, Pitt to stop our offense. Pinch the defensive line to clog or collapse the middle of the offensive line. Press the outside receivers and dare them to beat man coverage. Crowd the line with an extra man in the box to contain outside running lanes and bring additional pressure. The line, specifically the interior, was not good enough to overcome the defense's focus on stuffing the inside run. The receivers have to beat the jam and force the defense to help defend over the top, thus eliminating the extra box defender. This is where Pope and Wiggins' weaknesses really hurt the team. The drops were bad but the inability to beat press coverage consistently allowed defenses with decent corners to just play one on one the whole game. Clemson's corners were good enough to totally shut out our outside receivers, allowing them to bring pressure at will and use a spare defender in the box or near the line. Pitt tried the same tactics and their superior defensive line did an admiral job but they just didn't have the horses on the back end and got burned for big plays too often. NCSt tried it too but they just didn't have the talent to match up and got beat over the top over and over by pretty much every receiver we had.

The big question for this year is how much better is Donaldson/Rivers vs. Clark/Scaife and Pope/Wiggins vs. Rambo/K. Smith? If the answer is sizeable, we might be able to shock Bama and score some points.

Advertisement
Back