Badgley

The assumption is that on the PAT/FG team someone has the specific responsibility of managing the protection scheme. The center? Somebody.

Lay it at the feet of whoever that person is, as well as Rick or the special teams coach.

Badgely was the ST captain for that game. He will never be blame free for that debacle.

At the end of the day he kicked the PAT with the trajectory of a 50+ FG attempt.

Yes the hold was a little wobbly but its a fvckin PAT fer fvcks sake.

This...the trajectory was crazy low. I was like WTF

Blame can go around. Hold the f****** line like never before at that point of the game.

Advertisement
The assumption is that on the PAT/FG team someone has the specific responsibility of managing the protection scheme. The center? Somebody.

Lay it at the feet of whoever that person is, as well as Rick or the special teams coach.

Badgely was the ST captain for that game. He will never be blame free for that debacle.

At the end of the day he kicked the PAT with the trajectory of a 50+ FG attempt.

This...the trajectory was crazy low. I was like WTF

Blame can go around. Hold the f****** line like never before at that point of the game.

4 blockers can't block 5 rushers.

It's pretty basic math.

[video=youtube;_XkSHebORAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XkSHebORAo[/video]

Last edited:
Jersey Mike will win us a big game this year with a 55 yard bomb as the clock strikes zero. Mark that down.

He nailed that 51-yarder against FSU and then was too stupid to call a timeout when they overloaded the left side of our line on the PAT later in the game. I'm not sold on his brain yet.

His Al Gorlden mullet will be his eventual downfall.

RIck blew that. Rick should have called a timeout when he saw us in scramble mode after the Coley TD.

I won't hold Rick blameless for that. But I won't hold Badgley blameless either.

all is forgiven if he makes the GW vs fsu with 1 second on the clock

Jersey Mike will win us a big game this year with a 55 yard bomb as the clock strikes zero. Mark that down.

He nailed that 51-yarder against FSU and then was too stupid to call a timeout when they overloaded the left side of our line on the PAT later in the game. I'm not sold on his brain yet.

RIck blew that. Rick should have called a timeout when he saw us in scramble mode after the Coley TD.

I won't hold Rick blameless for that. But I won't hold Badgley blameless either.

enough blame to go around, we lost, who the *** missed the **** block?

5 rushers vs 4 blockers on the left side of our line. They actually lined up 7 guys over there but only 5 came.

Advertisement
D

Thank you. Some of these morons probably blame Badge for missing a blocking assignment as well.
That one is on ST coach and the head man. Not a time to wing it based on familiarity.

UM

D

Thank you. Some of these morons probably blame Badge for missing a blocking assignment as well.
That one is on ST coach and the head man. Not a time to wing it based on familiarity.

UM

We should have gone for the win. We haven't beaten them in 6 years. Go for the **** win when you get the chance.

D

UM

Who said anything like that?

Quick question for you because you seem like a football savant.

If a QB doesn't like the way a defense is lined up against his formation is he supposed to call a time out?

Or is he just supposed to say fvck it lets run the play anyway?

See Dynasty's post of the replay above.

St. Louis gave up too much ground.
Walker got the push inside.
Snap was low.
Kick was low.
Game over.

Advertisement
Too much commotion before the XP. Rick should have called a TO to get everyone settled down.

True story.

I have never rewatched that PAT, after not seeing it live.

I was at the game, of course.

Probably the most electric game played there since we moved there.

The ups and downs the lead changes, the TD toss to ostensibly tie it.

As we lined up for the PAT, I don't know why, I just turned around. Something compelled me to not watch it. I don't know what it was. Superstition? Nerves? God, I wanted that game so badly. So I didn't see it, just heard the groans and looked at the faces behind me. I couldn't fūcking believe it.

So, the honest truth is, I have never seen the miss. And I never will.

If you had been watching at home like me, you also would've known something was about to go wrong because Chris Fowler mentioned how Badgley had made 70 consecutive XPs as they lined up for the try.

You just lost to FSU on a botched kick. Who smiles and cheeses on a Miami sideline after that?? Jerome Brown was rolling in his grave when Bagley did that.

Low kick, TO or no TO, overloaded side, or whatever. That reaction right there (laughing) tells you all you need to know about this dude.

Advertisement
D

UM

We should have gone for the win. We haven't beaten them in 6 years. Go for the **** win when you get the chance.

And what play would you have liked to see us run it took 4 downs to score from within the 10

D

UM

And what play would you have liked to see us run it took 4 downs to score from within the 10

HB pass.

I'll forgive the smiling, sometimes sh#t goes sideways and you can only laugh at the absurdity. Might rub fans the wrong way, but you don't want kickers to have a long memory. Anyways, the special teams coach or HC should have caught the overloaded line. Badge gets 20% of the blame, rest is on the coaches (want to blame players, but can't see how four can be expected to block five on an extra point). The kick itself was terrible, but I can't fault a kid for being amped after the TD and kicking the **** out of the ball instead of elevating it. Had enough trajectory to have been good if the line had the right number of blockers Chise is right, we may have been scratching our heads if Richt calls a TO on an extra point, but it looked like a Chinese fire drill out there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chise is right, we may have been scratching our heads if Richt calls a TO on an extra point, but it looked like a Chinese fire drill out there.

We wouldn't have needed that TO anyway. We wouldn't be trying to stop the clock to extend FSU's final drive.

Chise is right, we may have been scratching our heads if Richt calls a TO on an extra point, but it looked like a Chinese fire drill out there.

We wouldn't have needed that TO anyway. We wouldn't be trying to stop the clock to extend FSU's final drive.

I agree with everything above but what exonerates Badgley and (as I have said many times before) the long snapper on this one?

As I stated previously, when a QB sees that a defense is lined up negatively vs the called play it's the QB and coaches job BOTH to call a TO. More often than not it's the QB that calls it.

Why would it be any different for a kicker?

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who's fault the missed PAT was. Why the fvck was this goofy fvcker grinning like Forest Gump as he trotted off the field after that?

I don't know that I'll ever get over that image.

I agree with everything above but what exonerates Badgley and (as I have said many times before) the long snapper on this one?

As I stated previously, when a QB sees that a defense is lined up negatively vs the called play it's the QB and coaches job BOTH to call a TO. More often than not it's the QB that calls it.

Why would it be any different for a kicker?

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who's fault the missed PAT was. Why the fvck was this goofy fvcker grinning like Forest Gump as he trotted off the field after that?

I don't know that I'll ever get over that image.

Because FSU lined up that way all game and didn't get through the 3 times before. The difference on the last one was Tyree and Isidora got blown up.

Advertisement
Back