Bad Decisions

Knack for big plays?? his best throws were to the wrong receiver that saved the game by making unbelievable catches. poor choices that worked out. hope we don't need that kind of "big plays" this year. how many "big plays" were missed by just poor poor throws and reads?

I'll give you the GT game, but not fsu. He went to the right guy and put the ball where it was supposed to be. He's got his flaws, but give the man his due.

Advertisement
one of the biggest misconceptions is that the player was given BAD advice. how does anyone know what advice, good or bad, the player was given?

just because a person makes a bad decision DOES NOT mean they were given bad advice. people discard GOOD advice all of the time. maybe norton and mcintosh were told to stay and they both decided to discard the advice. that is very, very likely

What's the chances of being a 4th round JR to a 1st or 2nd round Sr... I think not likely... I wanted them to stay for my own selfish reasons... but these are the decisions of these kids... good or bad they are the ones to have to live with it... to call them loser imo is a bit brutal. In my honest opinion this years DLine class will be the best in several years.. last years was more favorable. Dexter Lawrence will come out this year early... unlike the the other DTs that stayed for their SR season at Clemson he was on the field as a Fresh and Soph ... they weren't.. makes sense for them to had stayed.. I will advise Shaq with my best .. but ultimately it's his choice... he has to live with the results not me. I feel he will use a degree a lot longer than we will play football... it's funny but as a 20 year old JR he has already played most of his football. I also realize most people with college degrees aren't multi millionaires.. 1 contract could change that.. Its a lot easier for us to sit back and make life time decisions for someone else's child and the called them stupid when they don't make our choice

eG11cHRhMTI__o_malki-kawa-ufc-140-interview.0.jpg

Advertisement
What's the chances of being a 4th round JR to a 1st or 2nd round Sr... I think not likely... I wanted them to stay for my own selfish reasons... but these are the decisions of these kids... good or bad they are the ones to have to live with it... to call them loser imo is a bit brutal. In my honest opinion this years DLine class will be the best in several years.. last years was more favorable. Dexter Lawrence will come out this year early... unlike the the other DTs that stayed for their SR season at Clemson he was on the field as a Fresh and Soph ... they weren't.. makes sense for them to had stayed.. I will advise Shaq with my best .. but ultimately it's his choice... he has to live with the results not me. I feel he will use a degree a lot longer than we will play football... it's funny but as a 20 year old JR he has already played most of his football. I also realize most people with college degrees aren't multi millionaires.. 1 contract could change that.. Its a lot easier for us to sit back and make life time decisions for someone else's child and the called them stupid when they don't make our choice

this, hindsight is 20/20. Making this decision is the decision to provide for yourself, and your loved ones. Anything can happen in your senior year, if you're being told you can be a 4th rounder as Junior, why not take it? If you stay for your senior year, you can get hurt and everything goes down the drain. Sure selfishly we wanted them to stay, but it that didn't happen and I hope they get the success they deserve in the NFL.

Kendrick Norton and RJ McIntosh both are on the bubble of making their teams.

Norton is 5th strong DT. He may have a chance at Practice Roster.

RJ hasn’t been healthy since he got drafted. I believe he was having issues with his Thyroid gland.

While they may get picked up by another team, this is a good lesson for players who aren’t projected to go in the top 2 rounds to not leave early.

Imagine the depth on our line if they did stay (and RJ was actually healthy).

I’m still rooting for them to be successful, just wish they mad better decisions.

I'm not blaming RJ. You are correct it was a thyroid. He would have been a top 2 round pick if not for that. He had no idea that was going to happen to him. He ended up having surgery and hasn't been able to do anything. Feel for the kid and hope it works out for him in the long run.

Now Norton, I have no idea what he was thinking.

PREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
We dont know there financial situation, if they can go make money doing something they love. Go right ahead

Advertisement
Meh, This has been discussed a million times already. There's almost no evidence supporting leaving early if you're not a lock for the first three rounds. All the bullshiz about getting to the second contract earlier is exactly that. The numbers support the fact that the later you were drafted, the less likely you are to make it to a second season, let alone a second contract.

Why stick around for a senior season? Besides finishing you degree, you can always improve your draft stock. Outside of serious injury draft stock rarely goes down. Even the injury thing is incredibly rare. Norton was what, a 7th round pick? If you don't think he could have possibly played his way into a 5th rounder or even higher, then you're just not watching football. 7th rounders get cut easily. 4th rounders get a lot more leeway in the NFL.

Only Herndon and Chad are sure fire to make a roster. All of those dudes are on the bubble heading into the last week, even Braxton. McIntosh would have ran this health issue at Miami, so not sure how coming back would have played out for him. Norton didn't and still doesn't make any sense, and he's about to get cut. He'll end up on someone practice squad, and still get paid, but still. Hope everything works out for them!

Advertisement
From TOS Rumph told MJ and JJ “Don’t settle for mediocrity at the University of Miami and being drafted in the third and fourth round is mediocre to us.” Also said “If you aren’t a first or second rounder, then that is mediocre to us. MJ and JJ set that standard by staying in school and coming back.

Also talked about advising the players about the advantages of staying in school and advantages to being an early pick. Said how his situation was similar to MJ’s with him having a son my senior year and could have left his junior year but stayed in school. And how they were National Champions during my senior year. Says with a smile he said “he’s hoping that MJ experiences similar success that I was able to experience during my senior season now".

Last edited:
Meh, This has been discussed a million times already. There's almost no evidence supporting leaving early if you're not a lock for the first three rounds. All the bullshiz about getting to the second contract earlier is exactly that. The numbers support the fact that the later you were drafted, the less likely you are to make it to a second season, let alone a second contract.

Why stick around for a senior season? Besides finishing you degree, you can always improve your draft stock. Outside of serious injury draft stock rarely goes down. Even the injury thing is incredibly rare. Norton was what, a 7th round pick? If you don't think he could have possibly played his way into a 5th rounder or even higher, then you're just not watching football. 7th rounders get cut easily. 4th rounders get a lot more leeway in the NFL.

right here, is the mic being dropped....

I thank them for what they did when they were here, but I really don't care what happens with their careers at this point. And they will not certainly not be remembered when I think of our rise back. I’ll remember the real ones like JJ and MJ.

Advertisement
Back