Bad Decisions

RJ was told 2nd or 3rd round by multiple ppl and teams which is why he declared. When the health issue popped up and he couldn’t participate in combine it really hurt him.

No way Norton should’ve declared.

Advertisement
Right now RJ is listed as 4th on the depth chart: if he can’t play he may end up on PUP list or PR.

Beware of scumbag agents that pose as "good guys" but are only out for themselves. Get Ariz n that other nerd away frm these kids. They are parasites looking for a host. I get it, everybody has to eat but go find ur meals aomewhere else. I have no doubt that rj willis n norton would have benefited draft wise by playing w eachother.

The one guy I feel bad for is Grace. Dude got screwed out of a year that would have got him into the 4th or 5th rnd. I think with that he sticks on a roster instead of bouncing from practice squad to practice squad.

Advertisement
Look, Jaquan would've been a 4th-6th round pick this past year, now they are projecting him as a 1st rounder for the 2019 draft.

Not saying he will be drafted that high, but these days NFL teams value kids who stick around for their senior year much more than the player who just wants to get on a roster for the money.

It's called taking the path less traveled! That's where the most successful people prosper !

Because it shows a much greater bulk of work, they're a year older and more mature, they're more developed at their position, and they have a much higher level of playing credibility. A greater sample size of their work.

Those NFL teams are going to spend a lot of money on guys - and these guys who THINK they're good enough because some crap-assed agent whispered sweet nothings in their ears - the NFL likes to make bets on more of a proven track record. Someone who can finish things.

Not something that could be considered a bit of desperation and frustration.

Kendrick Norton and RJ McIntosh both are on the bubble of making their teams.

Norton is 5th strong DT. He may have a chance at Practice Roster.

RJ hasn’t been healthy since he got drafted. I believe he was having issues with his Thyroid gland.

While they may get picked up by another team, this is a good lesson for players who aren’t projected to go in the top 2 rounds to not leave early.

Imagine the depth on our line if they did stay (and RJ was actually healthy).

I’m still rooting for them to be successful, just wish they mad better decisions.
Tell Peter Ariz and his agent buddies to stop giving out bad advice to our guys

Kendrick Norton and RJ McIntosh both are on the bubble of making their teams.

Norton is 5th strong DT. He may have a chance at Practice Roster.

RJ hasn’t been healthy since he got drafted. I believe he was having issues with his Thyroid gland.

While they may get picked up by another team, this is a good lesson for players who aren’t projected to go in the top 2 rounds to not leave early.

Imagine the depth on our line if they did stay (and RJ was actually healthy).

I’m still rooting for them to be successful, just wish they mad better decisions.

Look what happened to JJ and Michael Johnson by staying that extra year--looks like a good chance go in the first round or first half of the second at worst with nice big contracts.

Advertisement
I honestly think Richt wanted Kaaya to be gone. He wanted a qb who was mobile and look how much of a difference it makes. Rosier had some really nice runs last year and I don’t think he took many sacks either.

Good lord - he had a few runs and then everyone realized - stack the line and make him beat us - and he couldn't
- BK couldnt run but he didnt turn the ball over, lost a tooth and continued to play and he would have smoked Pitt and Whisky

Good lord - he had a few runs and then everyone realized - stack the line and make him beat us - and he couldn't
- BK couldnt run but he didnt turn the ball over, lost a tooth and continued to play and he would have smoked Pitt and Whisky
What was Kaaya’s best W in 3 years? Rosier had more signature wins in 1 season then Kaaya did in 3 years.

Advertisement
1rtC.gif

Advertisement
The average nfl career is 3.3 years. So it would be wise to try to get as much money as you can when drafted. So it would b better to stay for 1 more year to move up and get more bank then to wait for a second contract that may never come. These kids think that nfl teams are going to sit on you and wait for you to develop. Not going to happen when your costing them money and they can get a free agent or work out an undrafted guy and pay them less for the same production your giving them. And if you get cut you have no degree.
And if you’re not in the nfl and are 👀 for a regular job wether it be law enforcement or government or at a big cooperation. That degree is huge.
But don’t take my word for it.

Tracking NFL Draft Efficiency: How Contingent Is Success To Draft Position?

What these kids think is that they'll make $1 million+ next year. You're reading way too much into it.

And just for a second, ponder the fact that it takes most people most of their working life to make a million dollars. I wish these kids would stay and realize that it would often benefit them, but it's really not hard to see what they're thinking. They figure worst case they go in the late rounds and make a few mil. Nobody thinks they're a loser. Nobody thinks they'll fail. If they did, Vegas would be a ghost town.

The average nfl career is 3.3 years. So it would be wise to try to get as much money as you can when drafted. So it would b better to stay for 1 more year to move up and get more bank then to wait for a second contract that may never come. These kids think that nfl teams are going to sit on you and wait for you to develop. Not going to happen when your costing them money and they can get a free agent or work out an undrafted guy and pay them less for the same production your giving them. And if you get cut you have no degree.
And if you’re not in the nfl and are 👀 for a regular job wether it be law enforcement or government or at a big cooperation. That degree is huge.
But don’t take my word for it.

Tracking NFL Draft Efficiency: How Contingent Is Success To Draft Position?

But the average career for 1st round picks is about 9 years. So staying to improve draft status makes sense. The 1st round dollars delta are not as big as before but you tend to last longer.

What these kids think is that they'll make $1 million+ next year. You're reading way too much into it.

And just for a second, ponder the fact that it takes most people most of their working life to make a million dollars. I wish these kids would stay and realize that it would often benefit them, but it's really not hard to see what they're thinking. They figure worst case they go in the late rounds and make a few mil. Nobody thinks they're a loser. Nobody thinks they'll fail. If they did, Vegas would be a ghost town.

Rj comes from a good enough family to know that 2 mil at 21 won’t last long unless you are one savvy investor. And that’s what these agents promise them. They say that they know a guy who can flip that 2 mil in to 10 if he doesn’t make it in the league. It boils down to bad advice just like op said. You can believe you’ll be the next pro- bowler but the facts don’t back it up. The safest bet is to stay one more year. But they believe the agent hype. Look at what rj and Norton turned down. And extra year of hype and an opening game against LSU where everyone would see them eat and a chance to be ranked in the top ten most of the season where every week they would be in the conversation on every network that has a cfb show. Bad bad advice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back