Backup QB

Please stop with Matocha. That dude is a scout team level QB. He’ll never see the field here. We’re terrible and he still doesn’t play.

Advertisement
King is starting barring injury.

Who is the backup? My pick is Tate, perfect for this system, serves as the backup, works his butt off and becomes the starter next year.

Kosi will be 3rd string.

TVD will be redshirted, will continue to work and be ready to start as a RS So (plenty early).

Peyton is the emergency scout guy.
Ready to all the QBs not recruited by this coaching staff to transfer out. Time we moved on from it all as they are all covered with the stench of Jon Richts' ineptitudes.

1579824887779.png

Advertisement
Pretty sure Jarren posted about not being scared of competition a few days ago. Yes, I know it’s a kid and social media, but wonder if he got pushed out. I know Lashlee recruited Perry at auburn if I’m not mistaken, and Jarren doesn’t seem to fit the bill as far as his reads for the offense we are running

Pretty sure Jarren posted about not being scared of competition a few days ago. Yes, I know it’s a kid and social media, but wonder if he got pushed out. I know Lashlee recruited Perry at auburn if I’m not mistaken, and Jarren doesn’t seem to fit the bill as far as his reads for the offense we are running

jarren didn't post anything in a long time. That post above is a year old.

Advertisement
I'd say a lot depends on whether Tate can go back to the way he was throwing before Enos taught him to throw wobblers.
Lol I am with you, think Enos messed all three up. This will be there their 3rd OC in three years, no wonder they are screwed up.. No excuse for the partying crap though

For all the talk on here about Miami making lazy hires, low hanging fruit and retreads... I figured there would be unanimous consent for a fresh start with new faces. All this, bring back Tate or Perry seems like same ol, same ol.

I want King @ QB1 and TVD learning behind him (all of course if they play up to that level) or vice versa is the kid shows he's the best. But, that's just the peanut gallery... Who knows, Tate and Perry might blossom randomly and it turns into the horse race we thought we were getting last year (except with actual top level QB play - not the crap we got)

C'mon spring!!!

Perry, Matocha & TVD (redshirt).
Lol if you think this will go any other way then you’re sadly mistaken... Kosi will be #2 he has game experience and this offense will be better suited for his talents. Tate isn’t better than Kosi and it’s not close. He should move to slot and call it a day. Like at some point you gotta realize you are not “QB1” lol why keep being a backup for the 4th year in a row ?

Full disclosure. Until a couple months ago I would have celebrated at the news that Perry had decided to transfer...but I've changed my mind. Or, I should say he changed my mind. I still don't think he's QB1 material. He just makes too many bonehead plays, like the fumble in the endzone against GT on a perfect play call on 3rd down against the blitz...but I digress.

Kosi has proven, to me at least, that he's a gamer. Twice now he's led comebacks at home against a rival. Unfortunately his latest heroics were ruined by a missed extra point and a defensive breakdown.

That doesn't change the fact that he has proven to be a reliable and valuable weapon. I believe he will win the backup job and allow us to redshirt Van Duke in 2020.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back