B Smiff and George Confidence To The Moon

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
One of the coolest things I’ve seen the first quarter (!) of this season is the emergence and growing confidence of these two kids. Both came in the same 2021 class and both have been mostly absent coming into this year. They are both emerging as certified weapons. Their confidence is evident and they are making plays. George might lead the conference in TDs (on pace for 60/800/16) by year’s end. B Smiff has found his niche on KO return - he has one return of at least 35 yards in each game - and looked the best he’s looked at WR tonight. Kudos to both of them for working hard and showing some mental toughness.

Advertisement
Brashard can do what he did tonight all day. Just needs to be used like this.

Manolo (during his freshman season), and Mario last season used him more as a threat out of the backfield. But Brashard showed in high school that he can be a major problem at WR. If he gets more legit chances to make big plays, he’ll show out.

One of the coolest things I’ve seen the first quarter (!) of this season is the emergence and growing confidence of these two kids. Both came in the same 2021 class and both have been mostly absent coming into this year. They are both emerging as certified weapons. Their confidence is evident and they are making plays. George might lead the conference in TDs (on pace for 60/800/16) by year’s end. B Smiff has found his niche on KO return - he has one return of at least 35 yards in each game - and looked the best he’s looked at WR tonight. Kudos to both of them for working hard and showing some mental toughness.
Brashard can do what he did tonight all day. Just needs to be used like this.

Manolo (during his freshman season), and Mario last season used him more as a threat out of the backfield. But Brashard showed in high school that he can be a major problem at WR. If he gets more legit chances to make big plays, he’ll show out.
It's amazing what can happen when you put a couple of young talented kids in the right system under a great staff. Hard work, competition and accountability plus competent intelligent coordinators who know how to use players within their system in a way that maximizes their potential is what we are seeing this season and let me tell you it is a beautiful sight to behold!

It's amazing what can happen when you put a couple of young talented kids in the right system under a great staff. Hard work, competition and accountability plus competent intelligent coordinators who know how to use players within their system in a way that maximizes their potential is what we are seeing this season and let me tell you it is a beautiful sight to behold!
Amen, brother! No doubt about it. This is all that fans like us have been asking to see for many years, and now we’re finally seeing it come to fruition. The 1st team offense looked nasty again tonight, as well as some of our backups.

Last edited:
1694769905654.gif

Advertisement
Xavier Restrepo has 314 receiving yards this year.

In 2022, we had 2 kids who had more than that FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

Jacolby George has 4 receiving touchdowns this year.

In 2022, our leading receiver caught 5.

Restrepo is also averaging 105 YPG. Charleston Rambo set the school record for receiving yards in a season, and he averaged 98 YPG that season.

Advertisement
Amazing how not only these 2 but several others that were left for dead are now starting to flourish.
Was thinking about this as well

Granted some guys, George it seems, had some issues that were self inflicted, but seeing guys like Flagg, Lichtenstein, Couch, and these guys having varying degrees of success has been pretty cool to watch the first 3 games

Was thinking about this as well

Granted some guys, George it seems, had some issues that were self inflicted, but seeing guys like Flagg, Lichtenstein, Couch, and these guys having varying degrees of success has been pretty cool to watch the first 3 games
Just because catching passes and TD’s are most noticeable, the biggest surprise to me is George. We were hopeful, but I don’t think any of us thought what he’s done so far was going to happen.

Advertisement
Just because catching passes and TD’s are most noticeable, the biggest surprise to me is George. We were hopeful, but I don’t think any of us thought what he’s done so far was going to happen.
He’s been incredible. I remember seeing him as a freshman and was impressed at how naturally he seemed to get open. He didn’t blow anyone away with size or speed but he had a knack for the position. Then he kinda disappeared, then Gattis happened

It always comes down to games against FSU and Clemson to see which Canes will be remembered down the road but the WRs look really good as a group and I think all of them have room to get better too

Xavier Restrepo has 314 receiving yards this year.

In 2022, we had 2 kids who had more than that FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

Jacolby George has 4 receiving touchdowns this year.

In 2022, our leading receiver caught 5.

Restrepo is also averaging 105 YPG. Charleston Rambo set the school record for receiving yards in a season, and he averaged 98 YPG that season.
I know Colbie had a shaky game last night but overall he has been good. When was the last time we had a productive WR trio like this?

Edit: 2015
Rashawn Scott 52-695-5
Stacy Coley 47-689-4
Herb Waters 41-624-1

I believe this trio if they stay healthy will pass those stats

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back