2024 Aydin Breland 4* DT from Mater Dei

Not having another big body upfront is hurting us right now. it's not unreasonable to pin that on the position coach. But we praise Hightower for being the GM and he hit on his evaluation of Deen but we whiffed on Gore. W

The portal misses -- not being allowed to sign the kid from Kentucy, and missing on Malone who seemed like a cane lean when entering the portal is what is hurting us. I think there was another big body we missed.

But a kid in the '23 class wasn't going to be the answer for this year and he has lots of time left to ladn another kid for 24

hightower_04_smith220110804085433.jpg

Advertisement
I would love to know who thinks that. Cuz it definitely doesn't relate to this kid and know him and his mother very well. The kid really likes Joe. I think because Joe doesn't go around giving all the interviews and the rest of this like everybody else does that the assumption is he doesn't pull his weight. I think that's far off. He's very well liked in his room. He does a good job coaching up his kids and he relates well to this generation. For obvious reasons far more so to West Coast sort of kids or the Islands crowd where he's **** near considered an icon to those kids. For me the importance of these kids from the islands in this program can't be overstated. Their mindset and work ethics is contagious and it's exactly what we need. Joe **** near has a get out of jail free card with us

You're a smart man, you tend to stay away from the hate-threads and the hate-posters.

But there were a bunch of posters saying that Joe should be fired when we whiffed on a few whales.

I 100% own the fact that I called for Joe's sacking.

I think you're the only one to step up and say so. The rest are caca-roaches running for the dark corners.

Look, I'm a forgiving person. I respect you immensely. But there's also a lot of other guys who like to post hot-takes and then contract amnesia as soon as the predictions don't come true.

I've said all along that recruits like and respect Joe. An Oklahoma kid might still stay in Oklahoma though. Recruiting NATIONALLY is a high-risk/high-reward game.

Advertisement
I think you're the only one to step up and say so. The rest are caca-roaches running for the dark corners.

Look, I'm a forgiving person. I respect you immensely. But there's also a lot of other guys who like to post hot-takes and then contract amnesia as soon as the predictions don't come true.

I've said all along that recruits like and respect Joe. An Oklahoma kid might still stay in Oklahoma though. Recruiting NATIONALLY is a high-risk/high-reward game.
I've said for a long time that we needed to improve South Florida recruiting AND Florida recruiting AND national recruiting.

What I had in mind was cycles like this one, where relying in local talent isn't going to work. Then you have to go regional. Then, national.

There was bad timing, in that last year was a flop. I understood this would be a high stakes cycle.

If we land Breland, I'll come on here and report the weight of crow I bought from Delaware Chicken.

Not having another big body upfront is hurting us right now. it's not unreasonable to pin that on the position coach. But we praise Hightower for being the GM and he hit on his evaluation of Deen but we whiffed on Gore. W

The portal misses -- not being allowed to sign the kid from Kentucy, and missing on Malone who seemed like a cane lean when entering the portal is what is hurting us. I think there was another big body we missed.

But a kid in the '23 class wasn't going to be the answer for this year and he has lots of time left to ladn another kid for 24
Malone has barely gotten any run at OSU. Maybe he’s not as big of a loss?

Collins is a DT. We do need some big guys. Horton is big, so is the Bama transfer. We need players who can move. Not just be big and stay put like A&M

Advertisement
Collins is a DT. We do need some big guys. Horton is big, so is the Bama transfer. We need players who can move. Not just be big and stay put like A&M
We need big players who can also move. There are not many of them and you have to win big recruiting battles to get them.

We dodged a bullet missing in him and keeping Hunte
What these past 2 offseasons have proved is that coaching is a bigger culprit of underachievement than many wanted to admit. Look at the 180 in one offseason. And of course no one is saying we have had playoff level talent but we were underperforming way below what our talent level was. Then u look at Bama and they do have playoff level talent. Even look at UGA offense.

Some of these coaches plain suck but people will quicker blame talent and say its too soon instead of this guy sucks from day 1.

What these past 2 offseasons have proved is that coaching is a bigger culprit of underachievement than many wanted to admit. Look at the 180 in one offseason. And of course no one is saying we have had playoff level talent but we were underperforming way below what our talent level was. Then u look at Bama and they do have playoff level talent. Even look at UGA offense.

Some of these coaches plain suck but people will quicker blame talent and say its too soon instead of this guy sucks from day 1.
I was going to wait til we were deeper into the season to make a similar post, but yeah so far the Jimmy and Joes over Xs and Os is under fire.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Some of these coaches plain suck but people will quicker blame talent and say it’s too soon instead of this guy sucks from day 1.
Look no further than Porter and Davis. They’ve gone from meh to top level players. I know the A&M receivers got some yards at the end but they did an amazing job on them.

I 100% own the fact that I called for Joe's sacking.
You are and have always been a dyed in the Wool Canes fan. Love the passion. I had to ban myself from the game day board.

Twice.

You are good in my book. Something does feel different this time around….

Advertisement
Back