Avery Huff key...

Advertisement
I'm still hoping we get more scholarships to bring in the portal kids. Because while I'm hoping for the best with Huff, Steed, Brooks and especially Keontra Smith, we need a better safety net with a kid who has proven he can produce at top P5 level. I personally want 2 LBs, but will be happy with even one.

That said, if K Smith's transition is as smooth as I expect, and one other steps up, it will be good enough for the rest of the defense to snap together given our talent and experience at DB, Striker and along the line.

Advertisement
If Davis doesn’t accomplish more than him he’ll be a huge disappointment.
I def dont disagree. I was more so speaking from a physical attribute standpoint but yes, Moncur often “flashed” but the overall production was underwhelming and always left you wanting more. In a perfect world he is a situational 3rd down/pass rush package guy and not an every down guy like we asked him to be.

Last edited:
Huffs biggest problem was 4 spring practices last year. I don’t think people realize what a big loss those were and what those practices mean for a guy like Huff.

also, I think he has better coaching now than he did last year. I know it’s fun to hate on Patke and say he brings nothing but even our insiders will tell you he is respected amongst the team. He just can’t recruit worth a fu$k

Patke can't coach or recruit

Advertisement
I saw TAC play more than him
He didnt. They played about the same amount give or take.

Also Huff didnt have any true advantage on those guys as he was a late cmap player...and may have done 2 padded spring practices.

He had the weight to play , even if it was bad , he’s also a very smart player. Huff was skinny as **** and needed time to learn the defense. He’ll be fine.
This is encouraging because he has the cover skills necessary in this era of football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back