Avery Huff key...

Following last season LB was a position of concern. We've heard good news re Huff, exception weight gain, regarding his play this spring. From HS we know he's a gifted, tall and fast LB. Seems like his issues are between the ears. Provided he can learn the defense, become more intuitive and not be fooled by window dressing he could be the key cog to adding depth and more speed to a questionable unit. I thought Brooks and Cave would give us speed and athleticism, but neither has stepped up, so we gotta hope Huff finally becomes the player we thought we were getting.
Side Note: If Keontra, Chase and Thomas Davis, (James Wms. to a degree) can adjust quickly this will be a fast and athletic position for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think he's a great natural athlete, not sure he has much else going for him. Honestly will be surprised if he ever makes an impact

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huffs biggest problem was 4 spring practices last year. I don’t think people realize what a big loss those were and what those practices mean for a guy like Huff.

also, I think he has better coaching now than he did last year. I know it’s fun to hate on Patke and say he brings nothing but even our insiders will tell you he is respected amongst the team. He just can’t recruit worth a fu$k

Advertisement
Huffs biggest problem was 4 spring practices last year. I don’t think people realize what a big loss those were and what those practices mean for a guy like Huff.

also, I think he has better coaching now than he did last year. I know it’s fun to hate on Patke and say he brings nothing but even our insiders will tell you he is respected amongst the team. He just can’t recruit worth a fu$k
Also no spring the year before and did he even have a fall? I know he was superrrr late getting in and was an academic redshirt.

Advertisement
Back