Avari Marshall, Class of 22- Barbara Goleman SHS

One9

Senior

He's a BURNER man, recently picked up his first offer from Louisville. Coming from a lesser-known school but he's a dog and he'll continue to improve before he graduates. Recently played in the Football Hotbed Sophomore showcase out in ATL, pulled off on em w/ a 76 yard TD. Blustein has spoke highly off him saying he'll be a major prospect come 2022.

Advertisement
LOL, Goleman have a good football team. My son is a freshman on that team. Goleman and 11 other schools like Krop, HML, Hialeah Garden, and some other schools down south created their own independent league and had their own Championship Game at Ted Hendrick Milander Stadium. I know this kid Avari personally I drive him home after track practice with my son. He's a really good kid. I asked him yesterday if he like The U and he was smiling saying he can't wait to get an offer. I'm going to personally watch this kid development and guide him to UM if I have any influence on him while driving him home after practice, lol.

We rolled Goleman when I was in high school. I'm proud of them for actually producing a D1 prospect.

Advertisement
LOL, Goleman have a good football team. My son is a freshman on that team. Goleman and 11 other schools like Krop, HML, Hialeah Garden, and some other schools down south created their own independent league and had their own Championship Game at Ted Hendrick Milander Stadium. I know this kid Avari personally I drive him home after track practice with my son. He's a really good kid. I asked him yesterday if he like The U and he was smiling saying he can't wait to get an offer. I'm going to personally watch this kid development and guide him to UM if I have any influence on him while driving him home after practice, lol.
Drive him from practice straight to UM campus lol. JK but good insight!

If hes worth anything he wont be at Golemqn to much longer. I have a cousin on that team too an might get him to hit the transfer portal soon lol
Nah he's been pretty vocal about staying there and balling out for Goleman for his whole high school career

Advertisement
Goleman is a school?

When I lived down there, there was no Krop, HML, Hialeah Garden, Goleman.

Only school in Hialeah I knew of was straight Hialeah, where Ted Hendricks went.

And schools were segregated back then so there may have been another school for that area where Black kids went.

Where is Goleman?

My son just finished a 4-year playing career at Goleman. Goleman is a mega-magnet School in Northwest Dade County. It’s the top academic public school in north Dade.
you guys are crazy if you think the kid will leave the school. They were 3 points away from having an UNDEFEATED season in their league. The program is completely turned around.
One of the best coaching staffs (HC is a Miami grad) in south Florida. They run probably the most modern offense in the area. MUCH better than the average trash coaching staffs that permeate the south Florida area.
Avari is a great kid and it’s an open secret that he wants to play at U. Hopefully that offer will come soon.
Here is Goleman’s maxpreps page: https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/goleman-gators-(miami,fl)/football/default.htm

Advertisement
I coached at Goleman for a few seasons and got to see Avari up close for his freshman season, then I helped out with stats last season. His speed s unreal. Definitely still has to refine his route running and things like getting good releases against press coverage, can't solely depend on straight line speed. But those are things he can be taught. I don't think he will transfer, I might be biased, but from what I've been told he really seems to enjoy his experience at Goleman. And if he's getting attention there, it's not like he needs to leave to get offers now. He could transfer, I just dont see it right now. Plus, he's gonna be the man on campus for the next two years.

@TheMatador Goleman is in Miami Lakes, if you drive on I 75 right before it turns into the Palmetto, you can see the school off the highway.

I coached at Goleman for a few seasons and got to see Avari up close for his freshman season, then I helped out with stats last season. His speed s unreal. Definitely still has to refine his route running and things like getting good releases against press coverage, can't solely depend on straight line speed. But those are things he can be taught. I don't think he will transfer, I might be biased, but from what I've been told he really seems to enjoy his experience at Goleman. And if he's getting attention there, it's not like he needs to leave to get offers now. He could transfer, I just dont see it right now. Plus, he's gonna be the man on campus for the next two years.

@TheMatador Goleman is in Miami Lakes, if you drive on I 75 right before it turns into the Palmetto, you can see the school off the highway.
Hey I'll give you guys(Goleman insiders) this much, if he stays, and I'll defer to people who actually know the kid here, they'll name the practice field after him. I hope the kid doesn't make the mistake their c/o '99 QB made but it looks like he may benefit from how much CFB recruiting has progressed as a business over the past 20+ years. Tiree Johnson was the best ballplayer to walk their halls. If he went to any of the traditional North schools(CC, American, Norland, HML, etc.) he woulda been a household name. 6'2 225, mobile, agile, & HOSTILE. Knocked our 1st-Team All-Dade DT out COLD back then. Legit D1 recruit at 5 positions(QB, RB, WR, LB, S) who wound up having a decorated career at HOFSTRA. Coulda did what he did there while somewhere like Kansas St. if Goleman's program had a shred of respectability. Marshall's **** good tho, I must confess...

Last edited:
I played there back when we had NW, Central, American, Hialeah, and HML in our division. This was back in 08 and 09 when NW was stacked. Not fun times... I remember Marcus Forston almost killing someone. Lot of good players came those couple of years from that division. Olivier Vernon was at American at the x too. Too much talent, and our coaches didn't have any connections to bring in players, or even worse keep the good ones we had from transferring to Mater, Hialeah, American, or Pace.
Only really good year was in 04, and we lost to Killian in the semi-final.
The magnet program they have now suits them well. That and independent league they are in is great for them. They have some really good coaches now in place, and the kids from what I have heard really enjoy it there.
If the kid is winning, not getting in trouble, getting good grades, and getting the recognition he deserves, then he is in the right school.
Hope he turns out to be the real deal, and a cane in the end.

Advertisement
Goleman is a school?

When I lived down there, there was no Krop, HML, Hialeah Garden, Goleman.

Only school in Hialeah I knew of was straight Hialeah, where Ted Hendricks went.

And schools were segregated back then so there may have been another school for that area where Black kids went.

Where is Goleman?
You extra old lmao (nothing wrong with being older, we all age)

HML opened in 1971
Goleman opened in 1995
Krop opened in 1998
Hialeah Gardens opened in 2009, the newest one

• BURNER
  • dog
  • Blustein seal of approval
All we're missing is for Duasso to hype the kid up on the CIS podcast to hit for the buyer beware crootin cycle.

Until then I'll say he reminds me of Isaiah McKenzie. I was disappointed when he never got offered.

Advertisement
Back