Avari Marshall, Class of 22- Barbara Goleman SHS

Advertisement
This kid single handily beat all 3 but lost in the rematch to KROP in the Independent Bowl
Wasn’t single handed. He benefitted heavily from Zach Valcarcel as one of the other receivers, he attracted a lot of defensive attention.

Wasn’t single handed. He benefitted heavily from Zach Valcarcel as one of the other receivers, he attracted a lot of defensive attention.

Yeah that kid was a nice complimentary receiver plays hard and signed with St. Thomas. Marshall opened tons of underneath stuff Krop Coach claimed that was biggest adjustment they made against them in the rematch game.

I like this kid, wanna see more tape of him at Corner. Hope he actually stays and balls at Goleman, lord knows I'm tired of the transfer nonsense that goes on down here.

Goleman is weak but if this kid is a beast and a leader, he can bring that team to a respectable level

Advertisement
Not gonna happen as moms is kin with school admin and the impact Coach Rolle has had here is amazing. AH and Aquinas all have tried but mom says he’s staying all the way.

Good for mom.

The transfer **** is what is wrong with a lot of kids today. Back in my time, you grew up with your guys, got better with them, and made friends for life you could always count on. This mercenary squad stuff is what's wrong with a lot of players today.

If you've got talent, you'll be found. I was.

I think you’ll definitely see more corner tape this upcoming year because he had 2 seniors playing all last year back there, one of em being Z. Valcarcel. He took for as CB in the GMAC Championship because the other corner dislocated his shoulder in the second qtr.

My son just finished a 4-year playing career at Goleman. Goleman is a mega-magnet School in Northwest Dade County. It’s the top academic public school in north Dade.
you guys are crazy if you think the kid will leave the school. They were 3 points away from having an UNDEFEATED season in their league. The program is completely turned around.
One of the best coaching staffs (HC is a Miami grad) in south Florida. They run probably the most modern offense in the area. MUCH better than the average trash coaching staffs that permeate the south Florida area.
Avari is a great kid and it’s an open secret that he wants to play at U. Hopefully that offer will come soon.
Here is Goleman’s maxpreps page: https://www.maxpreps.com/m/high-schools/goleman-gators-(miami,fl)/football/default.htm
I remember Gulliver besting goleman by like 28 this year

Yes, during the kickoff classic game. I was there, it was honestly not a bad showing for what is a team that is predominantly neighborhood kids going up against a state contending private school that can recruit at will.
Plus, Avari did not play due to injury, probably would have made the game closer

Advertisement
Yes, during the kickoff classic game. I was there, it was honestly not a bad showing for what is a team that is predominantly neighborhood kids going up against a state contending private school that can recruit at will.
Plus, Avari did not play due to injury, probably would have made the game closer

Absolutely correct sir

I think you’ll definitely see more corner tape this upcoming year because he had 2 seniors playing all last year back there, one of em being Z. Valcarcel. He took for as CB in the GMAC Championship because the other corner dislocated his shoulder in the second qtr.
[/QUOTE

He really shouldn’t tbh...not a good tackler and Coach Wilson has shared that as well. He’s gonna make his mark on offense

majority of playoff level teams in dade or broward beat goleman by 2 tds plus.

All those schools that went independent or gmac or whatever they said were the homecoming games for years...The Krops, Golemans of the world.

Who was the last div 1 kid from Goleman?. Im trying to remember.

Advertisement
LOL, Goleman have a good football team. My son is a freshman on that team. Goleman and 11 other schools like Krop, HML, Hialeah Garden, and some other schools down south created their own independent league and had their own Championship Game at Ted Hendrick Milander Stadium. I know this kid Avari personally I drive him home after track practice with my son. He's a really good kid. I asked him yesterday if he like The U and he was smiling saying he can't wait to get an offer. I'm going to personally watch this kid development and guide him to UM if I have any influence on him while driving him home after practice, lol.
The second he says anything about business decisions, you say the same about space left in your car.

All those schools that went independent or gmac or whatever they said were the homecoming games for years...The Krops, Golemans of the world.

There was a kid a few years ago, I think around 2014-15, that went to Mississippi Valley State, O'Brian Anderson. Otherwise I can't think of anyone, I'd have to ask.

I get why Goleman has struggled all this time, not so much Krop. You're literally smack dab in one of the best areas to get athletes IMO. Hallandale to the north, Miramar to the NW, Miami Gardens to the west, NMB/North Miami to the south. No reason to me that they should be in the independent league.

He really shouldn’t tbh...not a good tackler and Coach Wilson has shared that as well. He’s gonna make his mark on offense
He may not be a spectacular tackler, but he's capable and willing. He had the two biggest tackles in one of their wins, including the final play of the game when the other team was inside the Goleman 5 yard line. He'll play all 3 phases this season.

Advertisement

Tyree Johnson in '99.

Many moons ago.

There was a kid a few years ago, I think around 2014-15, that went to Mississippi Valley State, O'Brian Anderson. Otherwise I can't think of anyone, I'd have to ask.

I get why Goleman has struggled all this time, not so much Krop. You're literally smack dab in one of the best areas to get athletes IMO. Hallandale to the north, Miramar to the NW, Miami Gardens to the west, NMB/North Miami to the south. No reason to me that they should be in the independent league.

Exactly and now they are showboating off of their wins last season (Krop). They are on countyline and the school is a solid school so they SHOULD be able to grab a few kids whos parents dont want em thuggin it out at Norland.

The one thing i do know is that North Miami Beach kids tend to not transfer much...those kids stay with the same schools from elementary on up to Nmb majority of the time..that coach been there forever

Look, I admit I’m biased - my kid played there, but Goleman would have made the playoffs in 8A last year. It’s not a slam dunk but they where better than the Broward teams that made it and probably would play close with Miami and Coral Gables because the coaching would bridge that talent gap a bit.

Say what you want to say about the past but without a doubt Goleman is the best program in that Northwest corner of Dade.
They are better than HML, American, Mater, Gardens and the rest of the schools in that area.
If your a parent in the Miami Lakes, Hialeah, Opa locka, west Miramar area you’d be hard pressed to take your kid anywhere else around there.
Also, I hear that Avari will play DB and will play some snaps at QB as well, they should be just as good this year.

Look, I admit I’m biased - my kid played there, but Goleman would have made the playoffs in 8A last year. It’s not a slam dunk but they where better than the Broward teams that made it and probably would play close with Miami and Coral Gables because the coaching would bridge that talent gap a bit.

Say what you want to say about the past but without a doubt Goleman is the best program in that Northwest corner of Dade.
They are better than HML, American, Mater, Gardens and the rest of the schools in that area.
If your a parent in the Miami Lakes, Hialeah, Opa locka, west Miramar area you’d be hard pressed to take your kid anywhere else around there.
Also, I hear that Avari will play DB and will play some snaps at QB as well, they should be just as good this year.

Like i said my cousin i think starts on the Goleman team last year. Likely one of if not the fastest kids on the team.
West Miramar kids aint gonna go to Goleman. they are gonna go to Miramar/Everglades or private.

American may get a resurgence if D Jackson (um de) can stay there awhile and bill something up.

I do think Goleman will be good again necxt year my cuz aint budging on leaving.

Advertisement
Back