Avantae Williams

Lingard is cousins with Williams. Someone, presumably, posted a tweet about lingards future with the program. Williams replies that his cousin isn’t going anywhere. Someone then asks Williams if he will be joining his cousin at Miami, to which Williams responds with “I hope so”.

Thanks bro. I’m not well versed in twitter-ism and I clearly read bottom up instead of top down.

Advertisement
Lingard is cousins with Williams. Someone, presumably, posted a tweet about lingards future with the program. Williams replies that his cousin isn’t going anywhere. Someone then asks Williams if he will be joining his cousin at Miami, to which Williams responds with “I hope so”.
Thank you for your service.

U coach that athlete up n put him close to the ball..striker, dime/ nickel sub just let him see n react. Kid is a baller. Is a prototype striker, no. But you use him like FSU used Lamarcus Joyner..but if he really want in he gets in contact and sets up a official..no way this staff turns talent like this down

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement
I'd take this kid back in a second. Let him play special teams early and be a backup safety for a 1-2 years. Can't teach his speed man. We need that in the back end.

If the staffs has concerns about his game....ISNT THAT WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO!??

Coach the kid up.

You want to tell me character, locker room fit etc. I might say ok pass.

But something you should be able to teach? Nah.
Man.

As others have said this kid is too special and should be at the U. Find a role for him.

Now Williams is a 5* troll so we gotta take everything he says with a grain of salt.
Character is definitely a question but I dont think its that. I think he legit dont wanna come here.

Yep, give me a db finish of Francois, Harrell and Williams. That would be on par with a db class we have signed the last 2 years imo
Yea but thats 3 safeties and you already have Balom and Washington committed. Taking 5 safeties is stupid af. Even if you move 1 to striker 4 is too many.

Advertisement
Until our special teams are dominating you take athletes like this every year. Our special teams look horrible year in and year out. We desperately need an influx of talent there. You sign athletes like this at least for special teams until they can learn the defensive scheme. Especially when walk ons are all over the field during games.
Our special teams have looked bad this year? Must be watching different teams

I can't see this having anything to do with Manny new recruiting policy. We are still pursuing a guy who decommitted twice.
Not really. We not really chasing Francois. He called the staff after his second decommittment and told them he was still committed which is why we r giving him the time of day.

Yea but thats 3 safeties and you already have Balom and Washington committed. Taking 5 safeties is stupid af. Even if you move 1 to striker 4 is too many.
2 of those guys are athletic enough and have enough speed to play corner in Francois and Williams

Our special teams have looked bad this year? Must be watching different teams
The first 3-4 games they were abysmal. Forgetting the FG issues, there were multiple fake punts against us that went for first downs or touchdowns. Our Aussie has made it where punt coverage is largely unnecessary and Baxa has actually been pretty good on kickoffs. They have, however, gotten better as the season has gone on.

Advertisement
if @Liberty City El dont want him I dont want him
Never said he wasn't a take, just said he's not natural Safety, he's an athlete that happens to play Safety, he's got low football IQ & doesn't display much coverage ability.

I'd drop Washington & take him, just don't believe he really wants to be here, he's been waiting on UF but they're not interested. I doubt we double back on his recruitment but we'll see.

Never said he wasn't a take, just said he's not natural Safety, he's an athlete that happens to play Safety, he's got low football IQ & doesn't display much coverage ability.

I'd drop Washington & take him, just don't believe he really wants to be here, he's been waiting on UF but they're not interested. I doubt we double back on his recruitment but we'll see.

Lib what do you think of Keshawn Washington?

:edit:

I'm an idiot and will get some more coffee.

#TGIF

Advertisement

I would take Williams, but it's not at all clear that he knows how to play Safety or Corner. He's much faster than his high school competition, which is far from the best of Florida given the schools he's played against while at DeLand.

I can see him playing a lot of special teams in college. I can also seeing him having a lot of kids.

The first 3-4 games they were abysmal. Forgetting the FG issues, there were multiple fake punts against us that went for first downs or touchdowns. Our Aussie has made it where punt coverage is largely unnecessary and Baxa has actually been pretty good on kickoffs. They have, however, gotten better as the season has gone on.

^^this^^. basically last year we were playing 10 vs 12 on the field.... our **** kickoffs and punting were like giving the other teams an extra player. that has been eliminated. amazing that I can't recall one shank or bad punt by hedley this year

^^this^^. basically last year we were playing 10 vs 12 on the field.... our **** kickoffs and punting were like giving the other teams an extra player. that has been eliminated. amazing that I can't recall one shank or bad punt by hedley this year
Agreed. I think there were a couple in the beginning of the year where maybe he held it too long and it nearly got blocked. Baxa has sent a couple out of bounds (I think one was against VT maybe?). Putting Osborn on punt return instead of Jeff Thomas has also been a great move. He has had some solid returns for us.

The problem is like everything this year... it took 2-3 weeks too long to make those changes. Infuriating if they had that part clean going into the year we are a 0-1 loss team.

Advertisement
Back