Avantae Williams tweet

I don’t think being a playoff contender gets your guys drafted in the first 3 rounds. Having a team loaded with guys draftable in the first 3 rounds gets you to playoff contention. Do you see the distinction?
If we had ham, we could have ham and eggs.

... if we had eggs.

Advertisement
If as a staff concern is in what the fan base says we should fire immediately
Any staff will tell you fans dont know **** and therefore it's irrelevant. Its definitely a case by case basis. The thing is usually it's the parents who reach out and let it be known what's going on. Most kids at this age simply arent forward enough to say I wont be attending your school without the right incentives. The schools that are about that run it for every one else. Cause plenty of families arent interested initially (like rique) than the school contacts the coaches than the parents with something for everyone to deliver the kid. For a lower income family who has a CHILD fresh out of the womb to tell them I'll give you several hundred thousand dollars cash,new cars ,new house, off campus townhouse for family & jobs for whoever necessary that pay well and dont require much, at that point it gets tough to tell schools I'm gonna go where I choose period. NO SCHOOL is saints... However it's one thing to cheat on your wife. Another entirely to murder her and tie up her family... mad as yall get at these kids(like its unique to south floriduh) I wonder how many of yall could stare a man in the eyes and turn down that kind of situation to come to ANY school who cant come close to competing on that level. Be that as it may long as your evaluations are on point and you don't want time on kids who have made it known there interests than 8 out of ten ur working in the right direction. Our comfort zone needs to be with kids who have that interest yet realize they can achieve the short term goal of getting a decent savings account up and still go to whatever school of their choice. At basically any school once on campus especially if your a key player you're gonna be good regardless. No more of this topic please.

If the City of Miami (not saying the school) can’t figure out how to make staying home to play in front of friends and family into a good overall decision for kids, then we won’t be back.

Is this what we have to compete with to get Avantae??? Sheesh

View attachment 86171

This is what we are having to compete with on almost every op recruit we want. That is about $120k short on some of the top kids UGA kids landed in last years class per some posters allegedly with knowledge on Auburn, Alabama and UFag boards.

The **** is out of control as we watch $EC posters, such as this one, talk about illegally paying recruits as if it is part of their University/NCAA approved recruiting budget.

I'm fine with it as long as the NCAA is dismantled....just make it a true free market enterprise, not the haves and have nots as determined by the arbitrary and capricious NCAA.

UM

If the City of Miami (not saying the school) can’t figure out how to make staying home to play in front of friends and family into a good overall decision for kids, then we won’t be back.
If you been ****** the same chick for twenty years. You smashed that ***** every way possible. All over the place. She let you pick and choose what hole and when. At a certain point you just wanna hit a friend dont you? Its human nature to want variety. If we make being a cane mean something like it did for us than I got a crazy feeling plenty of kids will stay home. Re establishing the culture goes a LONG WAY. Kids wanna be known as savages throughout all of football. Being a cane means something. We were feared,hated & respected all throughout football period. High school,college or the NFL all knew when we touched down we were coming for what's ours. That doesnt exist anymore.

Advertisement
If you been ****** the same chick for twenty years. You smashed that ***** every way possible. All over the place. She let you pick and choose what hole and when. At a certain point you just wanna hit a friend dont you? Its human nature to want variety. If we make being a cane mean something like it did for us than I got a crazy feeling plenty of kids will stay home. Re establishing the culture goes a LONG WAY. Kids wanna be known as savages throughout all of football. Being a cane means something. We were feared,hated & respected all throughout football period. High school,college or the NFL all knew when we touched down we were coming for what's ours. That doesnt exist anymore.
I dont agree with that analogy at all. Enjoying Miami as a star CFB player is not something these kids have done, and there are a lot more hotties in So Fla than Tuscaloosa. Yes, variety, sure, but there is more variety within ten miles of Coral Gables than anywhere else they’ll go.

I agree with your second point, I just wasn’t focused on it.

Ultimately, staying home and being a star at home is better than going to farm country. But it has to still make sense. Miami as a city can deliver that if it wants to and the stars align.

Advertisement
Back