Avantae Williams tweet

Advertisement
Man wtf we gotta do to get elite safeties again?
The issue has been that in the past, say 15 years ago, kids and their parents were scared of getting caught taking bags bc it jeopardized their future playing careers and shot at the NFL. Today, the NCAA is more than likely complicit and turns a blind eye for kickbacks. Kids and their parents going to big named programs know this and hence, are less reticent to pass up on the bags. It's the age old question in sociology and criminology..."If I could get away with the crime, would I do it", morals and ethics be damned. Taking bags is perceived as a victim-less crime, making folks even more inclined to take bags. ****, I am pretty sure most of the posters on here would take bags if in that predicament.

Last edited:
The issue has been that in the past, say 15 years ago, kids and their parents were scared of getting caught taking bags bc it jeopardized their future playing careers and shot at the NFL. Today, the NCAA is more than likely complicit and turns a blind eye for kickbacks. Kids and their parents going to big named programs know this and hence, are less reticent to pass up on the bags. It's the age old question in sociology and criminology..."If I could get away with the crime, would I do it", morals an ethics be damned. Taking bags as perceived as a victim-less crime, making folks even more inclined to take bags. ****, I am pretty sure most of the posters on here would take bags if in that predicament.

I get the feeling the NCAA won’t drop hammers on kids because they don’t want the national pay the players scope on them. This is their way of keeping players happy.

Advertisement
Oregon doesn't seem to know for sure if Williams decommitted. At least their 247 board mod doesn't - the assumption is he wasn't sticking anyway so they don't seem too upset. Steele is the consolation prize.

UGA just laughing at UF....

7FF2B592-D7CF-44B0-8B8E-81554E56082B.png

Advertisement
Not enough of those kids to go around. Look at the last number 1 picks in the NBA. Duke had to pay zion Williamson and deandre Ayton got paid by Arizona. Duke has as good a resume by anybody in the sport.
You’re talking about basketball. All you need to win is a couple elite players, and Duke has been paying forever.

You can win in football with some elite guys and a lot of semi-elite guys. And we can do that without bags if our evaluations are great just because of our location.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really good athlete who can cover and can hit

Looks like he plays slower than his testing and makes zero plays at safety. Mostly RB and ST plays. Seen any game film of him playing DB?

Maybe if the film screamed athletic freak but it doesn't IMO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back