Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
View attachment 150321

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia
Throw away the key?

I have zero judgement to make here, because I have zero idea what happened.

I don’t know his backstory, nor should that make a difference for this very specific incident.

We have a system of checks and balances in this country, that are built into the judicial system.

A suspect is given the presumption of innocence in a court of law, but obviously not in the court of public opinion.

But I am not aware of any verifiable or even trustworthy facts regarding the events that landed him in jail.

So therefore not having any knowledge of what happened, I am not even going to attempt an opinion of him or his future, nor judge him or opine on what should be his fate regarding his freedom, or even what should happen regarding his football career. To do so, would be to jump to conclusions without even having a shred of appropriate knowledge.

All I can say now is that I wish the best of health for the alleged victim and the unborn child. To say anything else is just foolish and nothing more than prurient.
Well said and best post on this thread.

OP knew what happened before Manny, believe me.
I never doubted OP but beating his chest because he broke the news was a bad touch. Does OP think its worse than the reports are suggesting is the real question? He kept saying bad but the details have been shallow so far.

Advertisement
Great point as to the aggravation of the charge basked on the victim being pregnant. But that must mean penalties are much more severe than simple battery.
i wonder of the alleged victim (sorry you know its a habit) went to the police after the fact and made the report. And if there are no injuries that could really change the case.
Just to make things clear here....The victim did not go to the police after.. this involved a few more things and was live...also there are more injuries and facts that are not in his favor. Put it this way....I posted this originally at 4pm yesterday before it was removed...he wasn't put in jail till after 10pm...think there was a rush to charge him with anything?
Police didn't get there after the fact....understand?

Just to make things clear here....The victim did not go to the police after.. this involved a few more things and was live...also there are more injuries and facts that are not in his favor. Put it this way....I posted this originally at 4pm yesterday before it was removed...he wasn't put in jail till after 10pm...think there was a rush to charge him with anything?
Police didn't get there after the fact....understand?
so the baby is in bad condition due to what happened, which is why this all happened after or even at all? and why you made the comment it could get really worse for him if the baby doesnt live

Advertisement
I never doubted OP but beating his chest because he broke the news was a bad touch. Does OP think its worse than the reports are suggesting is the real question? He kept saying bad but the details have been shallow so far.
No one here is beating any chests or trying to troll....I broke news pretty much as it was happening...my reputation on this board is **** good. But the original thread was taken down. I stated facts....and more...
You wantbto downplay a pregnant women being beaten...thats on you.
This is why people leave this site...SMH

I HOPE NOT....But this guy gonna end up like Latwan Anderson, Lorenzo Lingard, and a few others. The common thread is they never played a single down in Miami.

Wtf up and realize you are here for football and an education. Instead of cracking some pregnant woman across the head, you should've been cracking bama on Sep 4. You let down your teammates.

Advertisement
No one here is beating any chests or trying to troll....I broke news pretty much as it was happening...my reputation on this board is **** good. But the original thread was taken down. I stated facts....and more...
You wantbto downplay a pregnant women being beaten...thats on you.
This is why people leave this site...SMH
Dont sweat it. If true and it sounds so far like it is, he has no one to blame but himself. Instead of beating her, he should've just turned around and walked out.

Okay...
My point still applies.

Why the **** you got 2.5 kids at that age when your a$$ should be worried about school and ball?

The whole situation is a dumpster fire.
Babies having babies.
It's almost a tradition in my family for somebody to ha e a kid before 20 sadly but 2.5?! Naw naw if I was the parents neither one are going to school if they can't even be smart enough to stay safe so they're going to work only

Advertisement
Great point as to the aggravation of the charge basked on the victim being pregnant. But that must mean penalties are much more severe than simple battery.
i wonder of the alleged victim (sorry you know its a habit) went to the police after the fact and made the report. And if there are no injuries that could really change the case.
Agree on the penalty being much much heftier (as it should be) just wanted to point out that it might not be serious bodily injury or deadly weapon because pregnant is included in the statute. There were claimed injuries of bruises and some broken nails, and no use of a weapon, with that, but-for being pregnant, it does not appear to rise to the level of aggravated battery with the information currently being reported.

Also said she went to a neighbor who called the cops and she went to the hospital. Possible the cops let her get checked out first, then just spoke to her at the hospital for what occurred.

Looking at the new-ish report commenting on the police report he grabbed her by the hair, threw her onto the bed (count I); grabbed her again and threw her to the ground (Count II) and then picked her up and threw her to the ground outside the residence where she hit her head (Count III). Appears as if he was forcing her out of the residence Interesting she had bruises on her arm and neck but nothing on the head she hit. Willaims was not interviewed prior to his arrest which makes sense when the mugshot said it was a warrant case. They took the GF's story, saw the bruises, issued a warrant, picked him up it would appear.

Still if she was packing, he should have just let her get her stuff and go. Or called the cops himself and said his pregnant GF wont leave his house. I get it, its 20/20 hindsight but dude has to deal with it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back