Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This! I got nothing for men that lay hands to women and children.
Somehow this thread is half people like us and half a bunch of dudes petrified of equality claiming she might be a liar or may have been “hormonal”. We should be absolutely done giving athletes passes just because they have some talent ie tyreek hill

Advertisement
Somehow this thread is half people like us and half a bunch of dudes petrified of equality claiming she might be a liar or may have been “hormonal”. We should be absolutely done giving athletes passes just because they have some talent ie tyreek hill
Until a woman calls the cops on you for doing nothing lol gtfoh

I hope the young man gets the help he needs. Aside from football it pains me to see young black men with bright futures throw it all away. I don’t know what the situation was but I’m a Godly man so I’m extending light to the victim and the young man himself. Sad situation
And the children who will suffer the most out of all of this if this goes way left. (Tae getting serious charges, jail time, etc..mother has to go back to Deland and figure out life, etc)

What are y’all talking about? Hill was already a good player at Okie St when all his **** happened. Williams is a nobody right now. Stars don’t mean ****. He’s never taken a snap, Tyreek had just returned a punt for a TD in the Bedlam game like a week before he got arrested. He was on the verge of superstar status there.
Well initially the idiot that we both had replied to insinuated that Tyreke Hills NFL play is the reason why his situation was not comparable. Good job following along. No one was discussing whether or not Hill was good at Ok State.

Again, it's a private institution. Didn't Bill Cosby get his honorary doctorate from Temple taken back?

It would take extraordinary circumstances but there's zero reason they can't just say "we refuse to honor his diploma." My recourse could be a lawsuit but I seriously doubt a judge is in a position in a civil suit to tell a private institution they have to honor a degree if they have a reason not to.
Could be recourse if they attended a private institution while receiving government loans

Advertisement
After giving a kid a scholarship, welcoming him into 'the family', is there a responsibility to help see him through the messiness associated with bad, even unlawful choices? Simmering below the surface is the fact unknown to many that this apparently was an at-risk take.
Seems at minimum a year long suspension is in order. If possible though, why not help him keep the academic side in order and possibly begin a path back to athletic eligibility. It's justifiable, in the most likely at-fault scenario, to simply choose to disassociate from someone in a case like this. But if so, don't use words like FAM.

Advertisement
I agree with that, but it truly should be the same EVERYWHERE.

Saban took a chance on a rapist from GA, and apparently the kid reoffended, yet you can bet money that their fans (and many others) will start the "same old Miami thugs" mantra after this one, when the truth is that, as far as anyone knows, especially Diaz, this kid had no past record of any such behavior.

Meh. I don't give athletes passes nor women. I've seen too many instances where both are liars & embellishers. Investigate & let the truth prevail.

Advertisement
Especially that. Can’t believe I left them out. A broken home before you’re old enough to realize it sets you back a million times over
The kids really are the innocent victims. Not saying the GF did anything wrong, but like kids are a different kind of pure innocence. Comparing to the Hill situation, he allegedly choked her, punched her in the face and the stomach while pregnant. He got arrested for agg. batt and DV by strangulation and was IMMEDIATELY dismissed same day by OSU.

Fast forward a few years he is making millions in the NFL and is now engaged to that same woman. Obviously you never want what happened to occur, but I think that kids life is now better and he is going to have more opportunities based on his father's presence in the NFL as oppose to if Hill went to jail for a few years, came out as a convicted felon and then does what exactly to get a job? I have good friends, smart guys who got caught up in some BS (drugs) and when they get out, can't find employment anywhere and they have degrees and a decent resume, Tae unlikely has any of that.

I agree with you entirely. But I think you are seriously underestimating the stupidity of people in general. The amount of people that have a common sense, logical thought process and have the forethought to say "nah, I'm not going to do this because the possible consequences are x, y, and z" I would argue, are much much smaller than most would think.

Humans are NOT driven by logic. Emotions make almost all our decisions.
And they arrest for one count of misdemeanor DV. Not three counts on felony DV.

They only need one charge to arrest. There is absolutely zero point to falsify other charges short of independent motives.

Come on with this nonsense.

They do it all the time.

They almost always over charge then the state has to no bill a lot of it.

You’re completely wrong on this aspect.

Until a woman calls the cops on you for doing nothing lol gtfoh
Not to get personal or say that this happened in this situation because the initial reports are pretty clear on what happened, but I have first hand experience with family members calling on their spouse…having the cops show up to find the husband in bed sleeping and the lady high and drunk causing a storm.

Advertisement
Just glad that ESPN picked up on this for their front page. Can we manage to not make front pages news every time something bad happens? Sh*t happens all of the time at other universities across the country but it doesn’t make headlines. Dude spends 5 minutes at the U and it’s front page.

Not saying that he may not be a scum bag, but let’s assume all charges end up being dropped and he is never suspended from the team permanently; do you think that will be a front page follow up if it comes out at all? I wish the media would just let it go. The 80’s were 40 years ago!

After giving a kid a scholarship, welcoming him into 'the family', is there a responsibility to help see him through the messiness associated with bad, even unlawful choices? Simmering below the surface is the fact unknown to many that this apparently was an at-risk take.
Seems at minimum a year long suspension is in order. If possible though, why not help him keep the academic side in order and possibly begin a path back to athletic eligibility. It's justifiable, in the most likely at-fault scenario, to simply choose to disassociate from someone in a case like this. But if so, don't use words like FAM.
Finally, a well thought out post. People can be redeemed, thank the Lord.

The only thing I'll say is this:

I hope his ex-girlfriend and the baby are ok and nothing serious happens.

This becomes bigger than football at this point. Avante will have to answer to the charges if what went down is all true and if he has to be dismissed from the program then so be it... but its more than that. It sounds like he does need help in life and I hope he can get it all together. I hope Manny, The University... can do everything within their power to assist him and I don't mean that from a legal sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back