Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way on earth that ANYTHING looking like felony domestic violence on a pregnant woman does not end his career at The U.

The reality is that even IF the circumstances aren't nearly as bad as they look, and somehow he were allowed back on the team, the narrative would ALWAYS be about this incident.

Miami will not tolerate that if for nothing other than the bad PR.

Let's also give some credence to OP here who not only broke this but has indicated it's really bad.
I believe the OP. But for UM to not have dismissed him immediately is telling as well. If the OP knows what happened, **** sure believe Manny and UM does too.

Advertisement
Agg Battery (if i am reading the book-in report and charges correctly), typically requires injury. I hate to write this but if injuries exist we are well beyond the “he said she said” stage. This is very serious charge, especially against a pregnant person, and will be prosecuted vigorously. A lot can happen and a lot can change but this young man is facing serious prison time. Football is the least of his concerns right now.

I watched it happen in my own household. Maybe not absolute zero evidence, but if there is ANY kind of mark at all, that’s all it takes. A hand print, and type of lump, bruise, anything.

OK, that is absolutely 100% different than what you said in the first place.

Advertisement
There is no way on earth that ANYTHING looking like felony domestic violence on a pregnant woman does not end his career at The U.

The reality is that even IF the circumstances aren't nearly as bad as they look, and somehow he were allowed back on the team, the narrative would ALWAYS be about this incident.

Miami will not tolerate that if for nothing other than the bad PR.

Let's also give some credence to OP here who not only broke this but has indicated it's really bad.
never good to lay a hand on a woman but a pregnant woman is terrible.

I believe the OP. But for UM to not have dismissed him immediately is telling as well. If the OP knows what happened, **** sure believe Manny and UM does too.

Doesn't work that way. They will do their diligence before he gets dismissed, but I'd bet it happens by the end of the day. Remember, Miami has at least an attorney, probably several, either on staff or on retainer specifically to deal with issues like this.

If he did anything to hurt her he’s got to go immediately.
Not that simple. Just have to let it play out and go from there. This is coming from someone who while serving in the Army regularly was assaulted (she didn't/couldn't hurt me but that doesn't matter) and if I even attempted to call the cops she threatened to make sure I went to jail with her and she'd try to ruin my military career. Now, to be transparent, I was young and dumb and live a life that a young dumb man lives, as it pertains to my dealings with other women. While I was wrong 100%, it would've been atrocious for me to have gone to jail labeled as a woman abuser and had really my life upended due to the result of dishonorable discharge in the military. Poster above said it best when he said "gotta learn to avoid these type situations" because in my situation it's true that I would've played a part in it but playing games as a young dumb man doesn't and shouldn't result in being falsely accused of assault on a woman and dishonorable discharge from the military. Stuff like this usually has all sorts of left out information that's normally key in finding out what actually happened. If he literally got upset and started hitting on this woman, then yeah I agree, it's probably over for him, although I'd like for Manny to try and help him especially if it's an isolated incident and also depending on the extent to what happened....idk if that would mean 6 game suspension etc or whatever but these coaches are tasked with helping young men to grow, and sometimes that means assisting to get them out of the mud in situations like this....Manny needs to be careful not to rush to conclusions and subsequently throw this young man to the side due to optics etc, because his recruiting grounds are all watching how he helps Tae get through this, even if he was in the wrong with this situation.

Advertisement
I do wonder the same.

Obviously, humans by nature are emotionally driven, one way or the other. Its something that will never leave us considering emotionally-driven behaviour has been existent in our brains since humans started spreading on the planet.

But I wonder what goes into the process of committing such a stupid act. I do not think Avantae is such a moron that he forgot about the repercussions of such actions or didnt realize them in the first place. Every person in this world with some form of education knows that performing violent action leads to serious, sometimes life-altering consequences.
I agree with you entirely. But I think you are seriously underestimating the stupidity of people in general. The amount of people that have a common sense, logical thought process and have the forethought to say "nah, I'm not going to do this because the possible consequences are x, y, and z" I would argue, are much much smaller than most would think.

Yeah I realized that as soon as I posted it. Minimal evidence, even something that could easily be self inflicted, State books you.

That's the case pretty much everywhere as far as I understand it. And yes, lots of guys get thrown under the bus. And it's idiots who actually hurt women that are the reason innocent guys are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

He wasn’t born into this vail of tears world we live in this way.

Maybe no father maybe no tough love maybe he was told get out of here I’m tired no time for you leave me alone maybe no family or even grandparents.

He’s probably a reflection of his up bringing .

When we’re born we’re sponges taking everything in , how many times have heard a child say F bombs or other foul words because his parents said them ?

Have Mercy babies and children are like clay and we as parents are the potter .

Just sharing, when they look into his up bringing we’ll all see .

It was family team effort in his formation and others in his life whom ignored signs and did nothing.

Again read this and stop and think , he probably never knew any other words but dominant everyone and he DID .

SAD , but we’re seeing this all over and to this day still IGNORED at early ages of life.

SAD
He had a ****** upbringing and a rough life for sure. In most of those situations they see men act violently against women, and that is their mentality.

Where is this TWEED guy, who was Lo jock sniffing uncle and same for Avantae? Coaches can only provide so much guidance, it starts at home, and society just throws these cases away as eh, whatever, it is in the hood, the trailer park, white trash, etc. I don't know the answer, but responsibility and instilling values in people starts at home. Way too many people should not be mothers and fathers, yet they are and this is a product of that unfortunately.

Advertisement
It’s crazy how the first 2-3 pages of every thread generally have some good points/info. But once you get to page 4 all **** breaks loose and all we do is **** on eachother 😂
Star Wars Reaction GIF by Disney+

You do not get charged with 3 Felonies without convincing evidence....ESPECIALLY with crimes of this Nature....For them to throw him in Jail....I promise you...there was substantial proof...
I was reading that pregnancy escalates what would be a misdemeanor to a felony

Advertisement
People tell me that waaaay too often, maybe I am too green or naive in that aspect.
It could also be more or less apparent depending on where you live. South Florida and most very populous areas have no shortage of people that will astound you with the sheer bruteforce of their stupidity.

Doesn't work that way. They will do their diligence before he gets dismissed, but I'd bet it happens by the end of the day. Remember, Miami has at least an attorney, probably several, either on staff or on retainer specifically to deal with issues like this.
We will agree to disagree. But this message board is alluding to the fact that its REALLY BAD so if thats the case than due diligence goes out the window. You said it yourself about Narrative. At the end of the day, maybe it is really bad but maybe there is parts to the story that UM wants to clear up first. Ive seen schools dismiss kids immediately. (Richt dismissing Isiah Crowell at UGA for the gun possession arrest). It happens.

But no need to argue about it. We will find out soon enough. This is bad all around. Lose-Lose situation. Even if hes thrown in jail and the key is buried..now you got a young girl with 2-3 kids that is on her own and needs to survive without the partner. This isnt a "F him! Go to ****! Hope he gets 30 years!" situation when lives are collateral damage as well.

Not that simple.

You're talking about how a private institution works. I could **** someone in the administration off and they could just rescind my diploma today, 15 years after graduating. The reality in this situation is that it absolutely can be that simple, and for the most part will be.

Miami's lawyers will get a hold of the police report and evidence. If there's photos showing serious injuries, he's gone.

This is just really sad all the way around. Hopefully the mother and child recover quickly. As a parent, and knowing the dna I passed on, one of the main things I'm trying to teach my son is self control. You have to be able to avoid putting yourself in this position. Kids life could be deservedly ****ed when all he had to do was keep his hands to himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back