Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sad when the local jail doesn't have to take a new mugshot when they book you, but instead just use a previous mugshot. Hence my comment about this kid being a poor decision making machine. It was a miracle he ever made it onto Miami's campus and it would have been a bigger miracle if he ever stepped on the field. This should surprise absolutely nobody.
Did anyone know about prior arrest(s) during the recruiting process?

Advertisement
One thing I know about DV in south Florida is it doesn't matter what really happened... If a female calls the police and say you ran her over and she wants to press charges your *** is going to jail regardless..... His whole situation can vanish simply by her going to clerk of courts and dropping the charges... Which I guarantee

I never said he's guilty, and I suggest you wield some semblance of reading comprehension before attempting to put words in my mouth because your first response didn't make you sound very bright to begin with.

I said it would be unusual for someone to have three felony charges with zero evidence, particularly, for a crime with a clear and obvious victim. This isn't robbery or drug possession.

For you to make this about race is asinine, and if you're gonna sit here and play the "he's probably innocent and this is a frame job card," you're obviously in the minority on this thread. But let's go ahead and let it play out, and I'll be happy to call you out when we find out he beat the **** out of a pregnant woman and you stuck up for him.

Act like an adult and get spoken to like an adult.
I absolutely think he did something. Now what exactly he did will depend on how I view this. If he threw her down the stairs or some crazy **** like that then hes gotta go upstate and serve his time.

If this was a shoving match and this was an accident that got out of hand... Throwing him in jail and locking the door and burying the key is just making him and that girl and those kids another statistic. He needs help and not saying we need to be the one to give it to him either.

One thing I know about DV in south Florida is it doesn't matter what really happened... If a female calls the police and say you ran her over and she wants to press charges your *** is going to jail regardless..... His whole situation can vanish simply by her going to clerk of courts and dropping the charges... Which I guarantee
Maybe it can vanish as far as the courts are concerned but it will be over with UM and most others who won't touch him with a 10' pole. 3 kids at age 19 shows where his brains are.

Advertisement
Definitely looks terrible but don’t forget State of Florida automatically charges domestic violence about as soon as the dispatch goes thru if there’s any physical markings on the victim/other party, regardless if they want charges pressed. Again, looks terrible but wait for due process.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I absolutely think he did something. Now what exactly he did will depend on how I view this. If he threw her down the stairs or some crazy **** like that then hes gotta go upstate and serve his time.

If this was a shoving match and this was an accident that got out of hand... Throwing him in jail and locking the door and burying the key is just making him and that girl and those kids another statistic. He needs help and not saying we need to be the one to give it to him either.

There is no way on earth that ANYTHING looking like felony domestic violence on a pregnant woman does not end his career at The U.

The reality is that even IF the circumstances aren't nearly as bad as they look, and somehow he were allowed back on the team, the narrative would ALWAYS be about this incident.

Miami will not tolerate that if for nothing other than the bad PR.

Let's also give some credence to OP here who not only broke this but has indicated it's really bad.

Advertisement
Definitely looks terrible but don’t forget State of Florida automatically charges domestic violence as soon as the dispatch goes thru, not the victim/other party. Again, looks terrible but wait for due process.

You can't press charges on someone the moment the report is made. Florida is stupid and all sorts of f*cked but I can't fathom what you're saying here is 100% accurate.

I'll agree there's a presumption of guilt (especially against a male) but what you're saying is if someone calls and says they got hit then the accused has charges levied with zero evidence. That's hearsay and antithetical to the legal process.

I'm always hesitant to comment on this type of ****, but what could the mother have possibly done to enrage him to the point that he'd endanger the life of the baby, let alone lay hands on a woman? Coming from a father who almost lost his baby daughter for no other reason than "nature", this is ******* horrific.

Then you step back and consider the plight of a young man who's ceiling just went from probably making the League for a few years and earning life-changing money for his family, to likely going to prison for 10-20 years, his children growing up knowing what he did, and hoping he can land a job flipping burgers when he gets released.
I do wonder the same.

Obviously, humans by nature are emotionally driven, one way or the other. Its something that will never leave us considering emotionally-driven behaviour has been existent in our brains since humans started spreading on the planet.

But I wonder what goes into the process of committing such a stupid act. I do not think Avantae is such a moron that he forgot about the repercussions of such actions or didnt realize them in the first place. Every person in this world with some form of education knows that performing violent action leads to serious, sometimes life-altering consequences.

Yep. Now I think we may take both Henderson twins & leave a spot for Markeith or Kamari. What scares me is this may mean a lot more PT for Amari Carter ☹
Unless we see an announcement that they’re moving Carter back to safety, I doubt it. From a football standpoint, if we had to pick one position we could afford to lose, safety would be the spot. We have more guys than we can physically play at that position currently.

Advertisement
I never said he's guilty, and I suggest you wield some semblance of reading comprehension before attempting to put words in my mouth because you already sound like a fool.

I said it would be unusual for someone to have three felony charges with zero evidence, particularly, for a crime with a clear and obvious victim. This isn't robbery or drug possession.

For you to make this about race is asinine, and if you're gonna sit here and play the "he's probably innocent and this is a frame job card," you're obviously in the minority on this thread. But let's go ahead and let it play out, and I'll be happy to call you out when we find out he beat the **** out of a pregnant woman and you stuck up for
You win sir your name calling and your insistence on being the smartest guy on this subject gives you the victory! Let the young man have his day in court Cash Money Cane! Your personal feelings don’t make him guilty! I hope the baby and young lady were unharmed by the way.

You can't press charges on someone the moment the report is made. Florida is stupid and all sorts of f*cked but I can't fathom what you're saying here is 100% accurate.

I'll agree there's a presumption of guilt (especially against a male) but what you're saying is if someone calls and says they got hit then the accused has charges levied with zero evidence. That's hearsay and antithetical to the legal process.
I watched it happen in my own household. Maybe not absolute zero evidence, but if there is ANY kind of mark at all, that’s all it takes. A hand print, any type of swelling, bruise, anything.

A lot of people make that phone call and then change their mind, doesn’t matter, State still charges.

Sad Thing about it is no matter if this is true or not . She probably will just because she knows tae career in football will take care of her and the child. I hope she and the child is okay and I hope he gets the help he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back