Avantae out for the year.

Advertisement
Barry with the back peddling. He is too often stating what is already known or not talking to the right sources affecting accuracy.
I've worked alongside Barry before when I covered the team while I was a student at UM. He's honestly one of the most unprofessional people I've come across in any line of work I've been in. He's completely obsessed with breaking news first and then backtracking/clarifying later.

He positions himself as an expert in all local sports yet has literally zero sources and just positions PFF stats or CaneSport articles as his 'inside information'. I'd love to have the same cushy job for the length of time he's had without fear of being replaced by someone who is actually good at their jobs, but that's the Herald for you.

I've worked alongside Barry before when I covered the team while I was a student at UM. He's honestly one of the most unprofessional people I've come across in any line of work I've been in. He's completely obsessed with breaking news first and then backtracking/clarifying later.

He positions himself as an expert in all local sports yet has literally zero sources and just positions PFF stats or CaneSport articles as his 'inside information'. I'd love to have the same cushy job for the length of time he's had without fear of being replaced by someone who is actually good at their jobs, but that's the Herald for you.
Same. Worked for a recruiting site. Dude is a snake all sources are second hand.

Of course we had fans in here declaring his career over based on a Barry Jackson tweet.

Get right Tae and come back next season stronger and ready to ball out.

Advertisement
This sucks. This kid is an elite athlete back there. Would’ve been so valuable for him to get time this year to adjust to the speed of the game. Would’ve for sure been ready to start next year.

I hate when reporters put 20’s on 10’s. Why not just say Williams will red shirt this yr, as a precaution, to be fully healthy next year?

Using the term “worrisome” along with “hope & expectations” gives the assumption that Avantae is dealing with the type of injury where he may or may not play next season. I truly hate attention seeking journalism, who then have to “qualify or backtrack” what their “sources” have informed them. Causing a stir for no reason, ESPECIALLY since we’ve lost several players within the last several yrs to career ending injuries!

Advertisement
Miami never releases exactly what the injury/issue is with the player. So as fans, all we do is guess what it could be, overthink it, etc. Still don’t know exactly what Brevin Jordan’s injury was, Navaughn Donaldson, Bubba Bolden, Lorenzo Lingard (when he was here).

Advertisement
I know we love a good pile-on but Barry and Susan do not belong in the same breath. Put some respek on his name.

“I’m disappointed for Avantae, because he loves football, has been an amazing football player since the first time he wore a helmet," Diaz said. "This is difficult for him to have the season taken away from him. He’d do anything to be out there with the guys. We all feel for him. We will do everything we can to get him with coach (David) Feeley, do everything to get him right.”

Advertisement
I don't want to be pessimistic here but anytime a medical staff finds a "worrisome issue" is usually not a good thing especially if it has been going on undiagnosed for awhile (EX richards and young).
I know Richards' injury was diagnosed late, but Young got straight up injured in the bowl game vs Wisky.

Barry so trash. He’s either bashing the program or putting out some click bait. I’m surprised he hasn’t been ran out of town. Get well soon Tae.

Chronic and lingering.........probably a muscular type injury that never healed properly in high school. I'm sure he'll be ok for next year, thankfully our safety depth is good right now.

Chronic and lingering.........probably a muscular type injury that never healed properly in high school. I'm sure he'll be ok for next year, thankfully our safety depth is good right now.
I'm not a doctor so I'm serious when asking this.

What is an example of a muscle type injury that would require a year off? I know hamstrings can linger, but not a year.

Advertisement
Back