Avantae out for the year.

Maybe, just maybe if today's type of football player would actually practice and not play Pattycake they wouldn't get injured so much, the more players get injured nowadays the less they practice as if that is the answer. I remember when I was younger in the 80's you would rarely see a major injury, because those players back then actually practiced like men and in return their bodies would actually take the punishment and stress of a real game, like it or not football is getting worse and worse about player's not practicing hard, smdh. Ronnie Lott actually made a doctor cut off one of his fingers so he could play in the next game, meanwhile, these powderpuffs don't wanna tackle in practice.

Advertisement
Not sure why, when I read "chronic" and "lingering," a shoulder ailment came to mind. As someone who tried to shake off a rotator cuff injury without surgery, it's one example of a pain in the *** injury that just needs time. There are, of course, a number of other possibilities. Hope 4-5 months gets him right.

This is why I put “He’s there........” as @Franchise pointed out. I’m obviously not going to discuss his specific situation, but we knew this was coming.
He gonna be good Tweed? Expect him to be a starter her for a awhile

Advertisement
get well Tae! Where is this safety depth everyone is talking about why he wouldn’t crack the rotation this year. Other than Bolden and Hall There’s a huge drop off
Can’t forget about Amari Carter , plus we have 2 talented freshman in Harrell & Washington . We will figure it out

Advertisement
First I've heard of this

Edit: My response was to the pre-merged thread.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"During Avantae's preseason exam he presented some chronic and lingering medical issues that our medical staff feels we need to let heal, let him strengthen this fall, and we will re-evaluate him come January in the spring time so Avantae will not compete for us this fall," Diaz said after Tuesday's practice.

Confirms medical staff knew beforehand and let him practice through it. If it was serious medical staff would have shut him down all together and not let him practice. If someone disagrees with this logic then you‘re suggesting medical staff is incompetent or intentionally putting Avantae at risk.

Opt out for free, then take a medical another year. I'd use no other kind of redshirt if I was Manny.

Advertisement
Sounds like it’s more along the lines of diabetes, heart condition, or asthma than ligament, bone, or muscular.
Happy the UM docs were able to find it and diagnose it.

1597786795795.gif

How the **** is it a heart or diabetes issue if the coaches want him to get with Feely while he redshirts???

I'll say it again, we have the dumbest fans. The WORST!!!!

"During Avantae's preseason exam he presented some chronic and lingering medical issues that our medical staff feels we need to let heal, let him strengthen this fall, and we will re-evaluate him come January in the spring time so Avantae will not compete for us this fall," Diaz said after Tuesday's practice.

Confirms medical staff knew beforehand and let him practice through it. If it was serious medical staff would have shut him down all together and not let him practice. If someone disagrees with this logic then you‘re suggesting medical staff is incompetent or intentionally putting Avantae at risk.
There is no evidence that he actually practiced at all. I haven't seen anyone say he was out there once. He very well coulda been shut down from the beginning and Manny is just confirming his absence for the rest of the year today.

There is no evidence that he actually practiced at all. I haven't seen anyone say he was out there once. He very well coulda been shut down from the beginning and Manny is just confirming his absence for the rest of the year today.
David Lake was asked if Tae had been practicing and he reached out to his sources and reported on 8/14: “I asked and was essentially told what I posted earlier "“We have no reason to believe he's not out there."“He also posted later same day: “There aren't many people out at practice watching things, but if Avantae wasn't out there, this person would know.“

Based on these posts I believe he was practicing at some capacity.

View attachment 127891

How the **** is it a heart or diabetes issue if the coaches want him to get with Feely while he redshirts???

I'll say it again, we have the dumbest fans. The WORST!!!!
Did you see D$ reply “type of situation that you don’t play during a pandemic” then combined with Barry Jackson’s post “worrisome” and lingering.

read manny’s full quote. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back