Avantae gone

Really weird. Kid looks the part, he's got the measurables, he just screams athlete when you look at him.

But he barely played, and when he did, he looked totally lost. Maybe a poor job from the coaches, maybe a poor job in prep by him, who knows? And I'm never going to judge a kid's outlook on one play, but the play against I think Southern Miss (?) where it looked like he'd never seen a football flying through the air before and made one of the worst plays on a ball I've ever seen was absolutely eye-opening.

Anyway, any kid who completely trolls and ***** over the gators and that absolutely miserable fanbase will always have a fan in me. So, best of luck to him. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
It’s pretty obvious he didn’t buy into Mario and the work he requires.

Addition by subtraction as much as people won’t see it right now

Advertisement
Total kids - 3
Total INT's - 1
Incredulous Yeah Right GIF by Nick Cannon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Signed here over FU and most of us were ecstatic. Thought he'd be a tough, rangy, ball-hawking safety for us. Unfortunately, the on-field results were inconsistent, at best. For the sake of his 3 young children, I really hope he bucks up and finds success somewhere.

That 2020 class was the worst for Safeties that I can remember. Tae was #2. Other guys we were after -- Branch was #3 and went to Bama, would have been a star here I think, Tennison who was classified as the #4 athlete, the 2 Nebraska commits Gray and Francois who both flamed out, and Harrell and Washington who we got and are also now in the portal. I admit to liking Tennison and Francois. Didn't like Gray, Harrell or Washington. Outside of Branch, turned out to be a super weak class all around.

That 2020 class was the worst for Safeties that I can remember. Tae was #2. Other guys we were after -- Branch was #3 and went to Bama, would have been a star here I think, Tennison who was classified as the #4 athlete, the 2 Nebraska commits Gray and Francois who both flamed out, and Harrell and Washington who we got and are also now in the portal. I admit to liking Tennison and Francois. Didn't like Gray, Harrell or Washington. Outside of Branch, turned out to be a super weak class all around.

Yup. I liked Tennison and Francois, too. And I the time I remember thinking their style (one more physical, the other more a ball-hawk FS) complemented each other. So far only Branch has shown out.

Advertisement
Good luck and I hope the next system better matches your skill set. Sorry it didn't work out for you here. Keep working. You are always a Cane!

Advertisement
Back