Avantae gone

Seemed to be talented but his availability whether due to his own doing or the coaches has been questionable in his entire time here

Advertisement
Every time the kid flashed and gained some momentum, he took like two steps back for whatever reason. He's the type of kid you try and keep on your roster for special teams or to see if the light goes off at anytime but don't blame him for leaving.

The talent is there to be successful elsewhere. We'll find out if it was coaches/scheme or just him. Good luck.

Really weird. Kid looks the part, he's got the measurables, he just screams athlete when you look at him.

But he barely played, and when he did, he looked totally lost. Maybe a poor job from the coaches, maybe a poor job in prep by him, who knows? And I'm never going to judge a kid's outlook on one play, but the play against I think Southern Miss (?) where it looked like he'd never seen a football flying through the air before and made one of the worst plays on a ball I've ever seen was absolutely eye-opening.

Anyway, any kid who completely trolls and ***** over the gators and that absolutely miserable fanbase will always have a fan in me. So, best of luck to him. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
Kid showed some flashes last season though and made plays. Hope for the best for him, he has a lot of respnsibilities already.

Advertisement
All the talent in the world but couldn't keep it all together on and off the field. I expect Highsmith et al to flag these types going forward. Seemed like a good kid, more of a team player than say a Jeff Thomas. so no reason not to take a flyer or two with that level of talent. But it was always a crap shoot.

Signed here over FU and most of us were ecstatic. Thought he'd be a tough, rangy, ball-hawking safety for us. Unfortunately, the on-field results were inconsistent, at best. For the sake of his 3 young children, I really hope he bucks up and finds success somewhere.
I thought he only had 2 kids?

Advertisement
Wish he would’ve stayed there is talent there but maybe he needs to get away and go to a smaller school with immediate playing time and where he can get a lot of reps.

Safety room about to look a lot different next year.

Good luck Tae. Hope you reach your potential..

We'll see where he ends up but it'll be a step or two down from Miami...

Advertisement
Not surprised, he doesn't have the instincts of Kinchens, but I thought he would have got more PT. Very athletic dude.

Advertisement
Really weird. Kid looks the part, he's got the measurables, he just screams athlete when you look at him.

But he barely played, and when he did, he looked totally lost. Maybe a poor job from the coaches, maybe a poor job in prep by him, who knows? And I'm never going to judge a kid's outlook on one play, but the play against I think Southern Miss (?) where it looked like he'd never seen a football flying through the air before and made one of the worst plays on a ball I've ever seen was absolutely eye-opening.

Anyway, any kid who completely trolls and ***** over the gators and that absolutely miserable fanbase will always have a fan in me. So, best of luck to him. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
Agreed. Never saw him put it together. I only heard the hype from others and while I wish the kid well and for him to be successful, I never saw what all the hype was about. He looked like the game was moving too fast for him most of the time he was in the game.
Signed here over FU and most of us were ecstatic. Thought he'd be a tough, rangy, ball-hawking safety for us. Unfortunately, the on-field results were inconsistent, at best. For the sake of his 3 young children, I really hope he bucks up and finds success somewhere.
3!? Got **** 'Tae! He gotta
Over It Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back