Attrition

Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to we ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol

We've lost Grace and Muhammed... Two big time players.

Colbert, starting CB, is injured.

Even losing 2nd stringers is a big deal since there is literally no depth behind them.

Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol. If will make it harder to obtain over 10 wins but the players that are injured currently will kit decimate the team period...

Listen, Bukkake. I really appreciate your blatant homerism and optimism. It's needed sometimes, IMO. But we are only 1.5 weeks into a long season. We have literally 3 freshman linebackers starting on our depth chart with the equivalent of a paper sack backing them up. JJ had to be moved down into a nickel hybrid to compensate. THAT'S A BIG ****ING DEAL. We just lost our starting corner for a few weeks, meaning Redwine is now the starter. If we have JJ in as a linebacker, who plays if one of our safeties goes down now? What if Corn or Redwine get hurt or nicked up? Am I to believe that you actually think Ryan Mayes or a True Freshman Malek Young will be ready to go against our ACC schedule? Our DL depth is atrocious; good teams run 2 deep with guys that can make plays. Our second team ends will be Toolbox Trent with a club on his hand and a true freshman in Jackson. They are one play away from starting. On the interior, we have 3 healthy players, a guy with a bum shoulder and Ryan ****ing Fines on the verge of the two deep. Does that sound like not a big deal? Offensively, Bruce can be overcome because we have great TEs, but as the season goes on we really needed him to provide depth on ST so guys like Elder don't have to return kicks. Not to mention we are now down to 7 scholarship receivers with 2 being freshman and one being a huge JAG in Langham.

TL;DNR version. Get your head out of your *** and realize that this is a problem. I'm going to enjoy what I got, but my expectations are grounded in reality.

You say that like redwine is a f_cking scrub. He is good... Plus Colbert will be back in a few weeks probably during the bye week. We knew we had 3 freshman starting backers before the season started to begin with so what's the problem now? it is what it is thats the way the cards was dealt. Essentially 2 of them would have started regardless because they were the best options on the roster period and played at a high level in quarterman and Pinckney. They weren't given the 2 starting spots they took it from upperclassmen due to their talent. Mccloud starting because of the grace issue but he ain't a scrub either. Teams would kill to have a 4 deep of Kenderick Norton, Rj mcintosh, Gerald Willis and Anthony Moten. That's deeper than we have been since the randy Shannon era but now it's a huge problem? Man whatever lol. Trent Harris had only had 1 less sack than Muhammad last year and played less plays on the dline last year it's not that serious with that position. All of the dline have been trained by the best dline coach in America. They will all be productive no matter who is playing that's what he does.... And at receiver we still have a talented group yeah it took a hit but truth of the matter is Bruce hasn't been getting many reps and wasn't in the gameplan for the last few weeks. Miami can still go 3-4 wide at receiver but the most likely scenario is that we will run a lot of 2 receiver, 2 tight end looks which is still very good because coley, Richards, Herndon, njoku are very talented. It's not the end of the season so stop over exaggerating everything

Advertisement
Since people love the Sports analogies around here like the "Richt is our Roy Williams" thread...

...the Canes have to be like the NY Mets. The Mets keep on losing players but still find themselves as the hottest team in baseball.
Next man up.

Except the Canes don't have the benefit of a minor league system to call up guys. We're a few injuries away from playing walkons at key spots.

Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to we ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol

Even losing 2nd stringers is a big deal since there is literally no depth behind them.

And let's be clear Miamis roster is not like bama where you have multiple 5 stars at each position behind the starters lol... So yeah a bunch of you are overstating some of these losses. Do they hurt? Yeah and I feel for the players but is it the end of the season? No

Since people love the Sports analogies around here like the "Richt is our Roy Williams" thread...

...the Canes have to be like the NY Mets. The Mets keep on losing players but still find themselves as the hottest team in baseball.
Next man up.

Except the Canes don't have the benefit of a minor league system to call up guys. We're a few injuries away from playing walkons at key spots.

If a walkon has to play so be it. These next few weeks are against teams we can beat with walkons and younger kids.

Say what you want but due to our lack of depth this is still why I say we go at the very most 9-3.

On the surface, at the beginning of the year, we had the starters and talent to go for a 10+ win season. But then losing 2 players to suspension and already a number of critical injuries at key spots so early in the season will most certainly hurt us.

Maybe right now we are still OK. But as the season rolls on and injuries slowly begin to accumulate more and more, I'm frankly kind of nervous to see what starters we will be fielding at certain spots.

It's not enough to have a great first team. Injuries WILL happen. This is the major problem that the previous staff has left us with. Our starters are good enough to win us games. But unfortunately, we do not have the depth to accommodate for injuries and fatigue later in the year.

10+ win season before injuries and suspensions? Y'all are crazy man.

Advertisement

Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol. If will make it harder to obtain over 10 wins but the players that are injured currently will kit decimate the team period...

Listen, Bukkake. I really appreciate your blatant homerism and optimism. It's needed sometimes, IMO. But we are only 1.5 weeks into a long season. We have literally 3 freshman linebackers starting on our depth chart with the equivalent of a paper sack backing them up. JJ had to be moved down into a nickel hybrid to compensate. THAT'S A BIG ****ING DEAL. We just lost our starting corner for a few weeks, meaning Redwine is now the starter. If we have JJ in as a linebacker, who plays if one of our safeties goes down now? What if Corn or Redwine get hurt or nicked up? Am I to believe that you actually think Ryan Mayes or a True Freshman Malek Young will be ready to go against our ACC schedule? Our DL depth is atrocious; good teams run 2 deep with guys that can make plays. Our second team ends will be Toolbox Trent with a club on his hand and a true freshman in Jackson. They are one play away from starting. On the interior, we have 3 healthy players, a guy with a bum shoulder and Ryan ****ing Fines on the verge of the two deep. Does that sound like not a big deal? Offensively, Bruce can be overcome because we have great TEs, but as the season goes on we really needed him to provide depth on ST so guys like Elder don't have to return kicks. Not to mention we are now down to 7 scholarship receivers with 2 being freshman and one being a huge JAG in Langham.

TL;DNR version. Get your head out of your *** and realize that this is a problem. I'm going to enjoy what I got, but my expectations are grounded in reality.

You say that like redwine is a f_cking scrub. He is good... Plus Colbert will be back in a few weeks probably during the bye week. We knew we had 3 freshman starting backers before the season started to begin with so what's the problem now? it is what it is thats the way the cards was dealt. Essentially 2 of them would have started regardless because they were the best options on the roster period and played at a high level in quarterman and Pinckney. They weren't given the 2 starting spots they took it from upperclassmen due to their talent. Mccloud starting because of the grace issue but he ain't a scrub either. Teams would kill to have a 4 deep of Kenderick Norton, Rj mcintosh, Gerald Willis and Anthony Moten. That's deeper than we have been since the randy Shannon era but now it's a huge problem? Man whatever lol. Trent Harris had only had 1 less sack than Muhammad last year and played less plays on the dline last year it's not that serious with that position. All of the dline have been trained by the best dline coach in America. They will all be productive no matter who is playing that's what he does.... And at receiver we still have a talented group yeah it took a hit but truth of the matter is Bruce hasn't been getting many reps and wasn't in the gameplan for the last few weeks. Miami can still go 3-4 wide at receiver but the most likely scenario is that we will run a lot of 2 receiver, 2 tight end looks which is still very good because coley, Richards, Herndon, njoku are very talented. It's not the end of the season so stop over exaggerating everything

DannyBoyCane?

DannyBoyCane?

Are you a whiny female?

Advertisement
We have enough to win the Coastal and win 9-10 for sure.

All teams deal with injuries.

Maybe some of our backups surprise us. I mean guys like Charles Perry were 4 star recruits

The superfans don't believe depth should make a difference.

Real fans and people who have played football knows it's next man up regardless

Real fans know enough to know what the talent drop off is between 1/2/3 team guys. We don't have all Americans playing 2nd, let alone 3rd string. And don't act like acknowledging that fact is writing off the season. There's being a fan, then there's being a moron.

All true, but you miss the biggest attrition: We lost the entire piece of crap coaching staff from last year. So overall, huge plus plus.

Advertisement
Say what you want but due to our lack of depth this is still why I say we go at the very most 9-3.

On the surface, at the beginning of the year, we had the starters and talent to go for a 10+ win season. But then losing 2 players to suspension and already a number of critical injuries at key spots so early in the season will most certainly hurt us.

Maybe right now we are still OK. But as the season rolls on and injuries slowly begin to accumulate more and more, I'm frankly kind of nervous to see what starters we will be fielding at certain spots.

It's not enough to have a great first team. Injuries WILL happen. This is the major problem that the previous staff has left us with. Our starters are good enough to win us games. But unfortunately, we do not have the depth to accommodate for injuries and fatigue later in the year.

Another post about injuries. Please shut up

The only loss that hurts is Grace, b/c of his experience at the position, his ability to cover TE deep down field, and the lack of depth at the LB position. AQM stung, but as we can see, D Jax the Gawd is putting Cortisone 10 on that sting. Colbert hurts for depth purposes, but I'm confident in Redwine and by all reports, Mayes has been doing his thing at the position (although him not scoring on the scoop and run has me second guessing some things...j/k). Bruce could've been red-shirted this season. He needed time to learn the play book and being suspended these first 3 games didn't help the mental growth process of college football.

It's not all doom and gloom. Moten or Molten depending on which fan you talk to, Jenkins, and Colbert will all be available when the schedule becomes hot and heavy and will be fresh. We really need to get out of this Golden funk. Golden would use this as a perfect excuse as to why we loss a game. We're talking about back ups being injured...not Walton, Coley, Kaaya, Shaq, Chad, McIntosh, Elder, etc. We're still on par to win this Coastal.

The only loss that hurts is Grace, b/c of his experience at the position, his ability to cover TE deep down field, and the lack of depth at the LB position. AQM stung, but as we can see, D Jax the Gawd is putting Cortisone 10 on that sting. Colbert hurts for depth purposes, but I'm confident in Redwine and by all reports, Mayes has been doing his thing at the position (although him not scoring on the scoop and run has me second guessing some things...j/k). Bruce could've been red-shirted this season. He needed time to learn the play book and being suspended these first 3 games didn't help the mental growth process of college football.

It's not all doom and gloom. Moten or Molten depending on which fan you talk to, Jenkins, and Colbert will all be available when the schedule becomes hot and heavy and will be fresh. We really need to get out of this Golden funk. Golden would use this as a perfect excuse as to why we loss a game. We're talking about back ups being injured...not Walton, Coley, Kaaya, Shaq, Chad, McIntosh, Elder, etc. We're still on par to win this Coastal.

This^

Advertisement
Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol. It will make it harder to obtain over 10 wins but the players that are injured currently will not decimate the team period...

No disrespect but what you are saying only holds true if you expect every single starter to stay healthy the entire year.
What has people concerned is that when the first teamed get hurt (and its imposible to expect that not to happen) the guys that are hurt now won't be there to fill in.

I'm starting to get into that mode where I write this season off. I still think we can win 8-9 games because I don't think we have strong competition overall, but we won't win big with this depth nightmare IMO. Good news is we will be pretty stacked with experienced depth at some key positions next year. **** it, man

You starting to get into write the season off mode.. I would never affiliate myself w a person like you

If only we still had these Golden specials back on the roster, only then could we begin to dream about 10 wins or a Coastal title:

Crow
Tucker
Brady
Jones
O'Donnell
Washington
Wells
Brown
Grimsley
Hamilton
Moore
Young
Gayot
King

I'm starting to get into that mode where I write this season off. I still think we can win 8-9 games because I don't think we have strong competition overall, but we won't win big with this depth nightmare IMO. Good news is we will be pretty stacked with experienced depth at some key positions next year. **** it, man

You starting to get into write the season off mode.. I would never affiliate myself w a person like you

Thank God. I can finally get some sleep tonight.

Advertisement
Back