Attrition

reidz5

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Say what you want but due to our lack of depth this is still why I say we go at the very most 9-3.

On the surface, at the beginning of the year, we had the starters and talent to go for a 10+ win season. But then losing 2 players to suspension and already a number of critical injuries at key spots so early in the season will most certainly hurt us.

Maybe right now we are still OK. But as the season rolls on and injuries slowly begin to accumulate more and more, I'm frankly kind of nervous to see what starters we will be fielding at certain spots.

It's not enough to have a great first team. Injuries WILL happen. This is the major problem that the previous staff has left us with. Our starters are good enough to win us games. But unfortunately, we do not have the depth to accommodate for injuries and fatigue later in the year.

Advertisement
This just in.... The sky is falling!

Many of these injuries are not season ending. Also, other teams suffer injuries as well.

Both Colbert and Jenkins will be back in a couple of weeks for when the real season starts.. Nothing has changed

Say what you want but due to our lack of depth this is still why I say we go at the very most 9-3.

On the surface, at the beginning of the year, we had the starters and talent to go for a 10+ win season. But then losing 2 players to suspension and already a number of critical injuries at key spots so early in the season will most certainly hurt us.

Maybe right now we are still OK. But as the season rolls on and injuries slowly begin to accumulate more and more, I'm frankly kind of nervous to see what starters we will be fielding at certain spots.

It's not enough to have a great first team. Injuries WILL happen. This is the major problem that the previous staff has left us with. Our starters are good enough to win us games. But unfortunately, we do not have the depth to accommodate for injuries and fatigue later in the year.

Clap+0.0.0.gif

Advertisement
I'm starting to get into that mode where I write this season off. I still think we can win 8-9 games because I don't think we have strong competition overall, but we won't win big with this depth nightmare IMO. Good news is we will be pretty stacked with experienced depth at some key positions next year. **** it, man

I'm starting to get into that mode where I write this season off. I still think we can win 8-9 games because I don't think we have strong competition overall, but we won't win big with this depth nightmare IMO. Good news is we will be pretty stacked with experienced depth at some key positions next year. **** it, man

I'm glad someone here also has a realistic, non-homer, not-overly-optimistic perception of this issue.

Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol. It will make it harder to obtain over 10 wins but the players that are injured currently will not decimate the team period...

Last edited:
Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to we ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol

We've lost Grace and Muhammed... Two big time players.

Colbert, starting CB, is injured.

Even losing 2nd stringers is a big deal since there is literally no depth behind them.

Advertisement
Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to we ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol

Even losing 2nd stringers is a big deal since there is literally no depth behind them.

Muhammad loss is not that big deal did he have potential? Yes, did his production ever match his talent? **** no not even close. Miami has some talented backups behind him so his loss is not that big of a blow. Grace's is because the lack experience only. Colbert will be back before ga tech with the bye week

Muhammad loss is not that big deal did he have potential? Yes, did his production ever match his talent? **** no not even close. Miami has some talented backups behind him so his loss is not that big of a blow. Grace's is because the lack experience only. Colbert will be back before ga tech with the bye week

We don't know if his production would've matched...Courtel Jenkins already matched his TFL total from last year...

The superfans don't believe depth should make a difference.

Real fans and people who have played football knows it's next man up regardless

Advertisement

We don't know if his production would've matched...Courtel Jenkins already matched his TFL total from last year...

True but the thing about that is you still have options at his position. They have improved too

The superfans don't believe depth should make a difference.

Most of our injuries are to players we shouldn't NEED to beat FAU and App State. By the time we get to GT most of them will be back. As for Bruce, does anyone really think that a guy that has caught a whopping ZERO passes here will be missed that much, when we have considerable depth at WR? I am concerned about our depth at LB, but why worry? Not a **** thing I can do about it. As long as Kaaya can stay upright, we'll be in every game, and winning most of them. Even with injuries, will our D be as bad as the last 4 years? I doubt it, very seriously.

Advertisement
Since people love the Sports analogies around here like the "Richt is our Roy Williams" thread...

...the Canes have to be like the NY Mets. The Mets keep on losing players but still find themselves as the hottest team in baseball.
Next man up.

Reality is that both sides are correct, its both: Next man up regardless and that injuries have an impact that will affect the season now and later.

Every loss is a big loss BUT there is never a reason to totally write a season off or chalk up our Canes when we have adequate coaching (like now).

Losing 2-3rd team backups and people are ready to write the season off. Not Brad kaaya.. Backups lol. If will make it harder to obtain over 10 wins but the players that are injured currently will kit decimate the team period...

Listen, Bukkake. I really appreciate your blatant homerism and optimism. It's needed sometimes, IMO. But we are only 1.5 weeks into a long season. We have literally 3 freshman linebackers starting on our depth chart with the equivalent of a paper sack backing them up. JJ had to be moved down into a nickel hybrid to compensate. THAT'S A BIG ******* DEAL. We just lost our starting corner for a few weeks, meaning Redwine is now the starter. If we have JJ in as a linebacker, who plays if one of our safeties goes down now? What if Corn or Redwine get hurt or nicked up? Am I to believe that you actually think Ryan Mayes or a True Freshman Malek Young will be ready to go against our ACC schedule? Our DL depth is atrocious; good teams run 2 deep with guys that can make plays. Our second team ends will be Toolbox Trent with a club on his hand and a true freshman in Jackson. They are one play away from starting. On the interior, we have 3 healthy players, a guy with a bum shoulder and Ryan ******* Fines on the verge of the two deep. Does that sound like not a big deal? Offensively, Bruce can be overcome because we have great TEs, but as the season goes on we really needed him to provide depth on ST so guys like Elder don't have to return kicks. Not to mention we are now down to 7 scholarship receivers with 2 being freshman and one being a huge JAG in Langham.

TL;DNR version. Get your head out of your *** and realize that this is a problem. I'm going to enjoy what I got, but my expectations are grounded in reality.

Advertisement
Back