Attn. All Miami Alum.

Simple concept you still don't get it. NCAA steals the fruits of athlete labor (likeness/name).

Then don't play in the NCAA. If the athletes want to make commercials, don't go to college. Make commercials. But then you have to admit that the only reason the athlete is famous is because of the stage provided by the school and NCAA.

which does not give the NCAA full ownership over the name likeness. Lebron James is famous because of the stage platform provided by the NBA. THe NBA does not own his name. He sells it to nike or whomever he wants.

Try again.

"Try again". ****, I thought we got out of the cute message board comments around 2006. Some of us did, I guess.

And the athlete STILL doesn't have full ownership of his name/ likeness even after the court ruling. So, again, if you don't like it, apply, pay tuition, and you won't fall under anyone's rules anymore.

You clearly don't live in a neighborhood with an HOA. Nor do you work for a company that does research. The real world might help you see this a little more clearly.

Advertisement
Simple concept you still don't get it. NCAA steals the fruits of athlete labor (likeness/name).

Then don't play in the NCAA. If the athletes want to make commercials, don't go to college. Make commercials. But then you have to admit that the only reason the athlete is famous is because of the stage provided by the school and NCAA.

which does not give the NCAA full ownership over the name likeness. Lebron James is famous because of the stage platform provided by the NBA. THe NBA does not own his name. He sells it to nike or whomever he wants.

Try again.

It sounds like an anti-trust problem as opposed to slavery.

and why should the player have to give up his name to play in the NCAA? So his choice is be a slave or have no future in the sport he wants to play?

Do you not grasp how stupid and anti-well just about everything in this country and logic in general you are sounding?

marxist ******.

Because the NCAA makes rules. Just like a hundred thousand other organizations that are worth being a part of.

Try again.

"Try again". ****, I thought we got out of the cute message board comments around 2006. Some of us did, I guess.

And the athlete STILL doesn't have full ownership of his name/ likeness even after the court ruling. So, again, if you don't like it, apply, pay tuition, and you won't fall under anyone's rules anymore.

You clearly don't live in a neighborhood with an HOA. Nor do you work for a company that does research. The real world might help you see this a little more clearly.

Or derives concepts that can be copyrighted.

and why should the player have to give up his name to play in the NCAA? So his choice is be a slave or have no future in the sport he wants to play?

Do you not grasp how stupid and anti-well just about everything in this country and logic in general you are sounding?

marxist ******.

Because the NCAA makes rules. Just like a hundred thousand other organizations that are worth being a part of.

lmao. good lord you're an idiot.

herp, NCAA is fine. Nothing wrong with stealing other peoples name/likeness because dey make da rulez.

this conversation is pointless.

Advertisement

Try again.

HOA steals money from its subjects?

Are you ******* serious right now with this comparison.

Spoken by the guy who equates a name and likeness lawsuit with slave labor. Didn't get to that at TCC yet?

I didn't equate name likeness lawsuit with Slave labor. I equated STEALING earning power and punishing those who dare to try to make a name on their product with slave labor.

Reading comprehension isn't too strong.

Are you ****ing serious right now with this comparison.

Holy sht. I must be falling for the biggest troll job of the year. I bought my house and my property. Yet I still don't have full control over it under the HOA. If I come up with a great new design, my company owns it, not me. There are countless examples of you not owning you.

Why didn't the federal judge declare complete autonomy for the player? Marxist?

Advertisement

Holy sht. I must be falling for the biggest troll job of the year. I bought my house and my property. Yet I still don't have full control over it under the HOA. If I come up with a great new design, my company owns it, not me. There are countless examples of you not owning you.

you are stil comparing an HOA to the NCAA stealing an individuals earning power. So you think must think this is a legit comparison if you are going to still use it. Good lord.

Spoken by the guy who equates a name and likeness lawsuit with slave labor. Didn't get to that at TCC yet?

I didn't equate name likeness lawsuit with Slave labor. I equated STEALING earning power and punishing those who dare to try to make a name on their product with slave labor.

Reading comprehension, there's another one. Next one will be about me and my mom's basement. You really need to step it up if you're trying to have some sting in your words. You're coming across as someone who showed up on Sunday for Friday night's party.

No one is stealing their earning power. They have no earning power on their own. The judge that you like to refer to agrees with me on that.

you are stil comparing an HOA to the NCAA stealing an individuals earning power. So you think must think this is a legit comparison if you are going to still use it. Good lord.

While you think that kids have parties to sign with colleges and then call it slave labor.

that is coming.

Advertisement

Reading comprehension, there's another one. Next one will be about me and my mom's basement. You really need to step it up if you're trying to have some sting in your words. You're coming across as someone who showed up on Sunday for Friday night's party.

No one is stealing their earning power. They have no earning power on their own. The judge that you like to refer to agrees with me on that.

You don't make sense.

You said no one is stealing their earning power.
The judge ruled the players are to be compensated for the licensing and whatnot. So clearly they do and did have earning power they were not previously compensated for.
You then said they don't have any earning power on their own- -- which is nonsensical. They either have earning power or they don't. They do. Is it a partnership of sorts? perhaps that argument can be made...but they have earning power.

You don't make sense.

The judge ruled the players are to be compensated for the licensing and whatnot. So clearly they do and did have earning power they were not previously compensated for.
You then said they don't have any earning power on their own- -- which is nonsensical. They either have earning power or they don't. They do. Is it a partnership of sorts? perhaps that argument can be made...but they have earning power.

Tim Tebow did not have earning power while at Nease. Florida and the NCAA gave him that earning power. Therefore they absolutely have some control over it.

Advertisement

You don't make sense.

Tim Tebow did not have earning power while at Nease. Florida and the NCAA gave him that earning power. Therefore they absolutely have some control over it.

so you are going back to this argument which is already bull****. That means the MLB, NFL, and NBA should all own their players earning power as well. We have anti-trust laws that say otherwise.

Funny you say that. We had this argument before when you were titancane. I said the sames things I am saying now and things are moving in my direction with rulings like the oBannon case. You're still sticking up for an evil marxist organization like the NCAA because "they make the rules".

Are you always such a shill to perceived power?

Not possible that people or entities would take advantage of others? The NCAA has a stacked deck against the players, especially football (basketball players have options in europe and whatnot) and they take full advantage. Fortunately that power is being chipped away piece by piece.

Next on the plate (among other things) should be their tax status.

truthfully though the NCAA days are probably numbered. Matter of when, not if, the Power 5 move completely away from it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back