Attn. All Miami Alum.

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
The rest of us don't give a fvck about the U's academics.

We only care about the football team. If you want to tout academics go to canesnerds.com

That is all.

Advertisement
Due to his success for academics and athletics I heard the BoT has Genron high on the list. Great a raising money too. #leaderofmen

Advertisement
Lol @ OP. I dont know if I dont care about academics AT ALL..But I will say that 99% of the players on our roster are here on a football scholarhip..not an academic scholarship..So im sure those UM alum can figure out where im going with this.

(FAMU alum..btw. The band did me proud.)

Alum here. All I care about is here U. Academics are fine, but the value of the degree is what you make it. Our football program added value that came for free to grads. Coming form some institutions has great value because the alumni base offers preference grads for jobs, promotions and opportunities. Only a select few school name carries $$$ value beyond that alumni base. THE U is small and has small base, but its reputation surpasses that and it is because of the football team. We are not an IV league, Northwestern, Stanford, or even Duke, but THE U is known worldwide probably only second to the hated ND. That is because of our players and coaches. We always had one of the finest Oceanography Schools in the world--who knew. Football made [[__]] rival the golden arches as world know symbol. That adds value. A really fine hospital makes a few people forever thankful. Nothing wrong with the academics and should be valued but THE U is so much more than that.

Advertisement
The rest of us don't give a fvck about the U's academics.

We only care about the football team. If you want to tout academics go to canesnerds.com

That is all.

I am not a UM alumnus, but I do care a lot more about academic research than I do about who wins athletic contests. Actually, a lot of people do. I was just talking to a friend of mine about Donna's announcement. When I mentioned that some UM football fans would be glad that Donna is leaving, my friend wrinkled up her nose a bit and expressed surprise that anyone could be so confused.

Last edited:
Yeah man, the new president should stop trying to cure **** cancer and instead cure of us from Coley's play calling.

(as if you can't do both...)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Granted I went for grad school, but it seems to me that the type of kid that goes to UM has drastically changed the last 10 years. These ******* kids think Shalala is some sort of rock star. When I was in college you wouldn't be caught dead supporting the admin for WHATEVER reason, let alone one that hand cuffs the athletic department. Undergrad is the same where ever you go, you go to ranked grad schools for networking, not because they teach some magical formula for success. I hate Shalala and what she turned the U into.

Newsflash: Football players love her. See Phillip Dorsett's comments today.

Newsflash: Football players love her. See Phillip Dorsett's comments today.
He's also believes that Obams is a great president and thinks he's doing a "bang up job".
you-re-good-o.gif

Advertisement
Back