Attn. All Miami Alum.

As a proud Miami grad (MDCC) I don't give a f*ck about the U's academics

This man gets it

The only thing someone with a "degree" from MDCC is coffee for someone with a degree from the U.
A bunch of dumb mudda f*ckers responding to my sarcastic post. News for you asshle, the U ain't in the top half academically in the conference. Now go get yoyr coffee you f*cking prick

Actually, technically, it's right there. Miami (47) is #7 in the ACC (out of 14) academically, behind Duke (7), Notre Dame (18), Virginia (23), Wake Forest (24) North Carolina (30) Boston College (31) and Georgia Tech (36). Those are very good academic schools to be in the same realm as. Miami is not FSU (91) or NC State (101) or Louisville (don't even know where they are). It's actually pretty impressive when you think of where Miami was 15-20 (or more) years ago, and where the ACC is in Division I. The ACC is the highest ranked academic conference in the nation in Division I (FBS).

Last edited:
Advertisement
The rest of us don't give a fvck about the U's academics.

We only care about the football team. If you want to tout academics go to canesnerds.com

That is all.

I am not a UM alumnus, but I do care a lot more about academic research than I do about who wins athletic contests. Actually, a lot of people do. I was just talking to a friend of mine about Donna's announcement. When I mentioned that some UM football fans would be glad that Donna is leaving, my friend wrinkled up her nose a bit and expressed surprise that anyone could be so confused.

I'd expect nothing less from the pussified males that have rolled-over and "accepted" and support common politically correct myths of feminism and gender objectification Did you two go home and watch "My Best Friends Wedding" while sipping non-caff soy latte's as you painted each others nails? GTFOH.

class of 1993

We called it UM then. The U is cool too, a well-known global brand.

The difference btn alumni and fans who didn't attend school in CG is that alumni get asked for donations every month, by phone, direct mail and email. I'm sure we all bleed green and orange though.

class of 1993

We called it UM then. The U is cool too, a well-known global brand.

The difference btn alumni and fans who didn't attend school in CG is that alumni get asked for donations every month, by phone, direct mail and email. I'm sure we all bleed green and orange though.

So do non alums who have contributed to CanesClub in the past. Soooooo really there isn't a difference then right?

Those pesky facts getting in the way of a Farc Archer rant, again ...

This is so stupid that I didn't bother reading anything else. 54% of UM's student body is from outside of Florida.

Archer loves his long rants, but they are always full of nonsense and BS. The man spews crap and expects people to accept it as fact.

No, actually I just tell it like it is, and it ****es you and a few others off.

Get outside the 305, and you'll see. Ask 100 folks from other parts of the country about the "U," and they'll have zero idea of the degree programs at the "U," but if pressed to share why they are aware of the University of Miami, and how they first came to know about Miami, it will be from the football program.

If you don't like it, choke on it.

It's the truth!

You ever look around the Boston area for schools? Now THEY got some schools known strictly for their academics.

Except that UM's national rankings in nearly every category has been skyrocketing during a time when we haven't won a NC in 13 years. And the number of applications has doubled (insane) and the quality of applicant has improved massively as well, with the average freshman SAT score up an unheard of 200 points or so. Nothing you said was remotely true, except that football is a nice marketing tool (however its nowhere near the only one).

So no, its not the truth, I'm sorry, nowhere near it. The fact destroy your argument.

Keep hating on this, an any other positive program that might help this country because of your anti-Obama obsession.

Idon't know if its that you hate ANY Democrat, ANY black guy,yourselves, or just NEED to hate hate hate.... I have no idea. It'sreally inexplicable.

This f'ing this is a massive success toeveryone, except the 10% of the hateful lunatics on the far right whocan't see straight. Which of course means 90% of this board and thesole moderator who's sole purpose seems to be to fan the hatred andpreserve this embarrassment to the site, the U, the community.

Advertisement
Granted I went for grad school, but it seems to me that the type of kid that goes to UM has drastically changed the last 10 years. These ****ing kids think Shalala is some sort of rock star. When I was in college you wouldn't be caught dead supporting the admin for WHATEVER reason, let alone one that hand cuffs the athletic department. Undergrad is the same where ever you go, you go to ranked grad schools for networking, not because they teach some magical formula for success. I hate Shalala and what she turned the U into.

How does overseeing by 10x the largest capital expansion of football facilities qualify as "handcuffing" the AD? She got the BUC built, the new A-Rod park, Cobb, Schwartz Center, Greentree, and more. If you want to cover your ears and ignore all of it, fine, but you want a top coach? No one real is coming here, ever, without those improvements in place. Whether you think AG is the right coach now or not is your right, but if you don't think he did an exceptional job of seeing us through a period where the press and opposing recruiters were telling the world we were going to get the death penalty then I don't know what else to say. Lost cause.

If you think she has "handcuffed" the AD, I ask you to imagine where we would be right now with any of our previous presidents who didn't do **** compared to her. Tad Foote? Floated the idea of killing the program... just like basketball.

Context is everything. She was President during a time of the rise of the SEC and publicly funded state schools raising hundreds of millions of dollars... a time when facilities expansion in CFB exploded, and she did it without the support of a decent fan base who would rather **** on the internet with a fake screen name then write a check with their real name on it. Unlike places like UF where fans kick in $2k for the right to MAYBE get the chance to buy season tickets, here we fly banners to fire every coach we have, even the ones that bring us National Championships. - yeah, the internet brigade flied a "from champs to chumps" banner to try to run off Butch. The same ******** who are now saying how badly they want him to be our coach. SMH. ****, the angel she found to actually kick in $ for football, the Schwartz Family, HAVE ****ING NOTHING TO DO WITH MIAMI! She had to tap her own outside network to make that happen.

I thank her for her commitment to supporting UM athletics, especially football. Go ask the players what they think of her.

Keep hating on this, an any other positive program that might help this country because of your anti-Obama obsession.

Idon't know if its that you hate ANY Democrat, ANY black guy,yourselves, or just NEED to hate hate hate.... I have no idea. It'sreally inexplicable.

This f'ing this is a massive success toeveryone, except the 10% of the hateful lunatics on the far right whocan't see straight. Which of course means 90% of this board and thesole moderator who's sole purpose seems to be to fan the hatred andpreserve this embarrassment to the site, the U, the community.

We only care about the football team. If you want to tout academics go to canesnerds.com

That is all.

I am not a UM alumnus, but I do care a lot more about academic research than I do about who wins athletic contests. Actually, a lot of people do. I was just talking to a friend of mine about Donna's announcement. When I mentioned that some UM football fans would be glad that Donna is leaving, my friend wrinkled up her nose a bit and expressed surprise that anyone could be so confused.

I'd expect nothing less from the pussified males that have rolled-over and "accepted" and support common politically correct myths of feminism and gender objectification Did you two go home and watch "My Best Friends Wedding" while sipping non-caff soy latte's as you painted each others nails? GTFOH.

Wow, that you think valuing academic research, including science and medical research, has anything to do with "feminism" and "pussified males" does nothing but show that you have a limited IQ and the mindset of a caveman.

That is all.

Wow, that you think valuing academic research, including science and medical research, has anything to do with "feminism" and "pussified males" does nothing but show that you have a limited IQ and the mindset of a caveman.

It's not cool to like science man. Lol ppl still have the hs mindset.

My degree from UM gets me places because of the quality of the education I received (top 5 program in the country). People in my field generally don't follow or care about sports. Other fields are different.

Advertisement
My degree from UM gets me places because of the quality of the education I received (top 5 program in the country). People in my field generally don't follow or care about sports. Other fields are different.

Not even watersports?

NCAA WaterSkiing National Championship? The Scuba Bowl (played in Antigua)?

I was thinkin noodling or maybe yacht racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRFahPkAyV4

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back