Attention Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply put, this is over due.
Enough of all the stuff that keeps this place from being positive.
Let's collectively turn away from negativity.
Let's get behind this staff and administration.
Overt, unnecessary disrespect has gotten really stale.
Under these new rules the board will flourish.
Time has come for moderation.
Support this new mentality here folks.

laf.

Advertisement
Greetings -

First, I would like to state that all users are be redirected to this thread and the issues I will bring up are not issues you have personally caused but rather the board as a whole has.

After many discussions with users CanesInSight Administration has decided a change in board enforcement is overdue. The new rules go into effect immediately and this thread should serve as your warning.

Changes:
  • Infractions will not expire for 1 month. This was previously 7 days.
  • Reputation system has been disabled, forever

New Infractions

• Circumventing Censored Words
  • Insulting a Post
  • Homosexual Slur
  • Excessive Bumping (more than once in a 24 hour period or with no new information)
  • Creating an Unnecessary Thread
  • Trolling
  • Derailing a thread

If you would like to dispute your infraction please PM myself or DMoney. We also reserve the right to ban without warning when we will it is appropriate.

I sure wouldn't want to start any trouble, so if permitted, at least in this one thread, I think a bit of clarification is in order.

Sometimes there can be dual meanings, and for someone to take one of the meanings and assume the worst isn't really quite fair to those with a greater understanding of the Queen's English.

I'll give a few examples:

***got. ***got back to the thirteenth century was a term for a bundle of sticks. The *** community tried to suggest that ***gots was a *** term since the penalty for being a ***got back then was to burn them at the stake, using ***gots as a fuel. Wood. Bundles off Wood. ***gots. However, the *** community fabricated this coorelation - homosexuals prescribed manner of execution was by hanging per English law.

So if we were to use the term ***got, maybe we mean bundle of sticks. We've all heard of stick men. No guts, no blood, no passion.

Then we have other terms: DirtRoader - this is primarily meant to describe off-roaders using motorized vehicles.

PeederPuffer - An exhausted condition. Like "Peedered Out." A PeederPuffer is just exhausting. Puffing, as in gasping for breath.

Hemmie Hitman - any drag racer with a big block Chrysler 426 engine. Slang to suggest someone hits hard.

Fudge Nudger - it's like a kid who isn't really hungry and just pushes his food around. Bored. Boring. Wasting time.

Bone Smuggler - the bane of archaeologists. Like someone trying to slip one past the knowlegeable posters.

Mud Miner - the oil industry uses different muds that expand when wet, used to plug a seal - kind of suggest a poster is plugging up productive discussion.

RingRaider - those gold buyers who only pay for the gold and allow nothing for the stones. A ring raider is just dishonest -

**** Jockey - A **** can be a handle on a cabinet, a geological formation that forms a round shape at the top, or a small lump of a substance, as in "a **** of butter" which could be used as a term for one who's a hill racer.

I apologize for pointing out the ambiguities of the rule against slang terms for certain things, but if we're fair, we must acknowledge that the English language is old, ancient, and for someone to pick out one application out of many equal terms for a word is a bit unjust and overly sensitive.

So. May we have more specific clarification?

chinese_poster_of_joseph_stalin_by_****alloverhumanity-d5fv6fb.jpg

Advertisement
This thread has run its course.

If anyone has any additional questions you can PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back