Attempting a Sober Look at June-July Commitments

Advertisement
we can sign a top 10 class if we win. not expecting to beat Bama however run the table. beat NC, MSU,FSU, VA.Tech finish 11-1
and talent will come 8-3 will not get the talent CMD is looking for at this point..... big year and all the pieces are pretty much aligned for success. true weak spot is LB's a late portal transfer who is a plug and play would help.....

Combo of both IMO, actually. We have a ton of "freshmen" on the team and I think it would behoove us to add a few impact older kids to provide some experience and help space the classes out or the 25 cap could bite us in the *** coming up. Manny is on it, though. Not worried. Remember we are starting at 23 this year already as we took the RB and OL transfers.
We have 3rd year freshman on the roster rn

Advertisement
We don't need 5 more portal kids. We already got our RB and OG. We need a MLB and a Punter. The leaves 21, and I think we should use the rest for high school seniors given the crowding among the juniors and seniors because of Covid. And the Punter could even be a blue shirt if we're lucky.

I'm okay with accepting 16-17 verbals through September/October and holding off on 4-5 in case the season goes well and we can scoop up some elite guys in December through February. But I really hope we get to double digits in August. The fall hasn't been great for us in past cycles. Plus we want to be focusing on 2023 kids much more at that point. JMHO.

Last edited:
I know, it's crazy. It could really jam us up if we have say, 35 kids graduate/go one year and a 25 cap. We could end up with a roster well below 85 again.

It’s very simple to me. If you are a program hit by a defection number like 35. You should be able to take up to 85 players. That means if you sign 25 prospects you get 10 counters either for transfers or more prospects. But if you sign someone and they don’t qualify you are out of luck. The reason they won’t do that is because Alabama will tell kids to take a hike if they aren’t as good and just sign a million kids again which they are trying to avoid. But it makes sense of even allow a team to sign up to 30 when their roster is low giving them two classes to make up the difference. The NCAA can’t add and subtract

It’s very simple to me. If you are a program hit by a defection number like 35. You should be able to take up to 85 players. That means if you sign 25 prospects you get 10 counters either for transfers or more prospects. But if you sign someone and they don’t qualify you are out of luck. The reason they won’t do that is because Alabama will tell kids to take a hike if they aren’t as good and just sign a million kids again which they are trying to avoid. But it makes sense of even allow a team to sign up to 30 when their roster is low giving them two classes to make up the difference. The NCAA can’t add and subtract
As someone who doesn't follow recruiting that closely, but thinks the Blue Chip ratio is a legit predictor, if Miami signs 18 players this class, is it realistic to expect at least 10 of those to be four star or above? Or is that not looking good at this point?

Advertisement
I’m just going to sit back and let the coaches do their thing. Not really worried about

As someone who doesn't follow recruiting that closely, but thinks the Blue Chip ratio is a legit predictor, if Miami signs 18 players this class, is it realistic to expect at least 10 of those to be four star or above? Or is that not looking good at this point?
I think what you said is realistic and i think the portal will take care of the rest of the numbers

Advertisement
Back