Attacking Coach L

I like Coach L - the players love him, and he's done a pretty good job of overachieving in the ACC since he's come to Miami. He's rejuvenated the fan base quite a bit versus how it was before he took over. I think he'll continue to be a pretty good coach here until he wants to retire...unless push really comes to shove, I don't see him getting canned.

That being said - the 2 complaints I have about him are 1) his lack of diversity in halfcourt offensive sets, and 2) his roster management. Those are two biggies, and combined with some other things that haven't gone our way lately - it could lead to a slide that costs him his job...but I highly doubt it.

Advertisement
Blake doesn’t have the balls to fire him

Not that he should anyways, not yet at least

Miami basketball is irrelevant historically.

Let Coach L stay until he croaks. No one else will come here and do better. Despite the bad losses early in the year.

Being the "best basketball coach we've ever had" really doesn't mean anything. He's competing with f'ing Frank Haith, Perry Clark, and Leonard Hamilton for that title.

People know Jim Mullenaga's name because of a 10-day run in 2006. His best team at Miami was in his 2nd year when he had 10 juniors and seniors. I'll let you run the timeline on that roster.

He is in his 8th year. We've won four NCAA tournament games in the first seven years, and those four wins were against 7, 11, 14, and 15 seeds.

Before you run with the standard "HE'S AT MIAMI!!" excuse, could someone please tell me about the rich basketball history at Gonzaga before 1997 or Nevada's championship pedigree leading into 2017? We have a boring, irrelevant program.
Another in a long list of worthless posts by you. Would love to read one that is actually worth reading. Maybe in 2019.

Advertisement
Another in a long list of worthless posts by you. Would love to read one that is actually worth reading. Maybe in 2019.

Says the guy who patented the phrase “we’re fine” while Jim Morris ran the baseball program into the ground.

Advertisement
Miami basketball is irrelevant historically.

Let Coach L stay until he croaks. No one else will come here and do better. Despite the bad losses early in the year.

Mark Few at Gonzaga makes 1.37 million
Per year. That's chump change for a legit bball coach. Throw 3.5 million a year at him and see what happens.

My bad he makes 1.8 mil now. Jim L makes 1.5. 2.5 mil is still not even in the top 25 salaries for a college bball coach. 3.5 mil might be a bit high, but Miami should be able to do 2.5 mil.

None of this is to say Jim L is a bad coach. He laid a good foundation and should be celebrated. But now it's time for the next guy to turn Miami into a final 4 contender.

Advertisement
If I were the AD and interviewing HC candidates after Coach L steps down, my "knock out" question would be "What kind of offense do you favor?" Since we;'ve never had
Mark Few at Gonzaga makes 1.37 million
Per year. That's chump change for a legit bball coach. Throw 3.5 million a year at him and see what happens.
Schools have already tried that and he's not interested. Loving the inland Pacific Northwest, got a feeling Miami would be last on a list of places he'd like to live.

If I were the AD and interviewing HC candidates after Coach L steps down, my "knock out" question would be "What kind of offense do you favor?" Since we;'ve never had

Schools have already tried that and he's not interested. Loving the inland Pacific Northwest, got a feeling Miami would be last on a list of places he'd like to live.

Then go hard after Greg Marshall from Wichita State or Jay Wright from Villanova. Either way, have to make a run at Few. Get close to 3 mil and he can fly on his own private jet to the PNW on the weekends.

Then go hard after Greg Marshall from Wichita State or Jay Wright from Villanova. Either way, have to make a run at Few. Get close to 3 mil and he can fly on his own private jet to the PNW on the weekends.

My post has nothing to do with Coach L or Miami, just about those three names.

Marshall makes more than $3.5MM. I do believe he could be hired but that school has one psycho donor with endless pockets. With that said, if he wants to be in a real conference and achieve more, I can seem him leaving.

Wright is an NBA coach who has been presented offers from NBA teams. I don’t think he is leaving Nova for another college gig. I don’t think he is about the money either.

I have no insight about Few. He is an excellent coach though.

Both him and Wright are underpaid.

Advertisement

Jay Wright? Are you serious? Why not Steve Kerr?

Advertisement
Back