Attacking Coach L

cyrez8

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Laughable.

He lost an entire recruiting class and his best player to FBI investigation BS and some of you guys are trying to call out Coach L as a bad coach?

Do any of you remember Perry Clark?

Coach L is the only reason why Miami basketball is relevant at all right now after the shambles we were left in post Hamilton. It's a shame what the administration has done to him this year with DH but he has zero control of this stuff.

Going to be a terrible year sadly and very tough to follow but next year could be a great one.

Advertisement
Being the "best basketball coach we've ever had" really doesn't mean anything. He's competing with f'ing Frank Haith, Perry Clark, and Leonard Hamilton for that title.

People know Jim Mullenaga's name because of a 10-day run in 2006. His best team at Miami was in his 2nd year when he had 10 juniors and seniors. I'll let you run the timeline on that roster.

He is in his 8th year. We've won four NCAA tournament games in the first seven years, and those four wins were against 7, 11, 14, and 15 seeds.

Before you run with the standard "HE'S AT MIAMI!!" excuse, could someone please tell me about the rich basketball history at Gonzaga before 1997 or Nevada's championship pedigree leading into 2017? We have a boring, irrelevant program.

Being the "best basketball coach we've ever had" really doesn't mean anything. He's competing with f'ing Frank Haith, Perry Clark, and Leonard Hamilton for that title.

People know Jim Mullenaga's name because of a 10-day run in 2006. His best team at Miami was in his 2nd year when he had 10 juniors and seniors. I'll let you run the timeline on that roster.

He is in his 8th year. We've won four NCAA tournament games in the first seven years, and those four wins were against 7, 11, 14, and 15 seeds.

Before you run with the standard "HE'S AT MIAMI!!" excuse, could someone please tell me about the rich basketball history at Gonzaga before 1997 or Nevada's championship pedigree leading into 2017? We have a boring, irrelevant program.

I wish you were this stringent with all our coaches.

Advertisement
His offensive philosophy, like Richt's, is stale and needs an overhaul. All we do is swing the ball around the perimeter or ask guys to create their own shots. When you have a bunch of shot creators like McClellan, Angel, etc. that offense may work, but this current team does not and as a result, the offense is suffering.

We also have seemed to lack depth for several years now. We have SEVEN players on this team!

I know he's a sacred cow but the damage was done when he was implicated to begin with. 1% culpability on his part is 1% too much since it's ruined any momentum gained since 2013.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jamal Brunt's decision to leave seemed a bit sketchy given the timing. Anyway, the decision to bring in Muhammad, Gilmore, and Wilson, only to jettison them without ever playing a game here left us in somewhat of a compromised position to stay afloat during and after the probe. Some of the blame for that should fall on L. And now we are where we are.

Muhammad
Izundu
Lawrence
Miller
Brown
Huell
Gilmore

Vasiljevic
Waardenburg
Wilson
Walker

Lykes
Gak
Mack
Johnson
McGusty

Last edited:
Jamal Brunt's decision to leave seemed a bit sketchy given the timing. Anyway, the decision to bring in Muhammad, Gilmore, and Wilson, only to jettison them without ever playing a game here left us in somewhat of a compromised position to stay afloat during and after the probe. Some of the blame for that should fall on L. And now we are where we are.

Muhammad
Izundu
Lawrence
Miller
Brown
Huell
Gilmore

Vasiljevic
Waardenburg
Wilson
Walker

Lykes
Gak
Mack
Johnson
McGusty
Yup. This roster is a skeleton of what it should be. Gilmore would have sucked, but losing Muhammad, Wilson, and Hernandez was killer.

Got on coach L a little last year cuz he had a ton of talent and they should have been a lot better. I know the injury to Brown hurt but he looked like **** even before his injury. This year may get ugly but look at who he has to put out there. Some guys aren’t ready clearly and they are forced to play cuz of the depth.

Losing Wilson hurt depth and obviously Hernandez not playing hurts. This team is 7-0 if he’s eligible.

Advertisement
He had 0% culpability. Not 1%.
FBI should be ashamed of themselves for pulling him off a plane (on which he was about to depart on a recruiting trip) when this nationwide scandal broke. Anyone wanna bet he got so much as a simple apology at any time since?

FBI should be ashamed of themselves for pulling him off a plane (on which he was about to depart on a recruiting trip) when this nationwide scandal broke. Anyone wanna bet he got so much as a simple apology at any time since?

Hadn't heard that one. They actually pulled him off a plane?!

Story I recall reading somewhere (thinking it miight have been The Herald) was FBI showed up at his home, causing him to leave the plane (or maybe it was the airport) to return to his house. I'm sure that was voluntary on his part but wouldn't you do the same if the FBI showed up at your place?

He’s an alright coach but his roster managing is awful. Also aside from the sweet 16 back in 2013 we haven’t done much also imo we should’ve gone farther with that team than the sweet 16.

You can make the argument we don’t have the players right now but we look completely lost on both sides of the floor this year and just barely beating a few of the teams on our cupcake schedule is laughable

Advertisement
Back