Athlon UM season preview and predictions

Advertisement
FSU is a very talented team, top 3 talent. It will never be easy. Here's to hoping they finally hired a crappy HC.

BC is gonna be tough but I think Miami beats Va Tech on the road. 10-2 at worst I’d say but 11-1 sounds about right.

Advertisement
This team knows how big the VT game is and I think we find a way to win. But the BC game concerns me because they have some talented players this year with a good athletic qb and we have struggled there in the past. Throw in the fact it's after the VT game where we may be feeling ourselves and it seems like a typical trap game.

One year VT went into the house of the team that Skip Bayless things is the best team of all time. The Hokies crushed them. In their house.

The Canes has to go to that same VT team later in the year.

It wasn’t pretty...for the Hokies

Advertisement
I think a majority of the writers out there feel that while Miami should be favored in every regular season game this year, there's going to be a game where they slip up. At Virginia Tech seems to be the most plausible scenario.

They lost on the road to a bad Pitt team last year. Nobody would have predicted it in the preseason.

I see 11-1. Maybe slip up against VT, but Richt has killed it against GT. Don't see UM slipping up there and **** sure not against BC.

Advertisement
These preseason prediction articles are just having a hard time saying we'll go 12-0, but they can't find an individual game they think we should lose either. So they're just picking one of our conference road games almost at random. I kinda get it. No one would've thought the PITT game would've been a loss, but we flirted with disaster one too many times and eventually got burned.

Advertisement
I think we go 11-1 with a random slip up too. The thing about VT losing people this offseason is that we play them later when the younger replacements may be gelling, etc. If Miami played them in September we'd roll. By November, who knows. A few years ago we lost aqm, grace and juwon young (on top of graduates) yet our D was rolling by the end.

I keep seeing a lot of our fans thinking BC is really going to be a tough game, I can't tell anybody how to think but did you guys watch them at all last year? They are a 7 win team on their best day, they got smoked by Wake Forest, Notre Dame, Clemson & Va Tech.

In fact, let's break these fools down real quick; They gave up 382.8ypg on defense last year, 191.2 rushing ypc on defense & was 38% in 3rd down conversion as an offense.

Their QB threw for 1,367yds 11TD's & 9INT's as a 51.9% passer & only had 210yds rushing. He's incredibly inaccurate & our Defense will put heavy pressure on him, he's not a GTech QB. And none of their WR's caught more than 36rec.

They literally have ONE offensive weapon, the RB AJ Dillon. He had 1,589yds & 14TD's which is great, but look a little closer, he had 43yds vs Wake, 58yds vs Notre Dame, 57yds vs Clemson & 35yds vs Va Tech. He got most of his yards vs LVille, FSU, NC St, UConn & Cuse.

I'm not saying it's going to be a cakewalk game, but their inability to throw the ball plays right into our strengths denfensively. We struggle against teams that can spread the ball around the field & go uptempo, BC is a bottom caliber ACC/Big East team that plays old style phone booth offense of running the ball all game long & hoping to catch you asleep. I think we beat them handily, they simply don't have the firepower to keep up.

The only games I think are questionable are FSU (rivalry game always close, but we beat them in Miami), @ Va Tech & home vs UNC. We should blow UNC out every year, but for whatever reason they always have a beat on Richt's offense, we've struggled 2 years in a row vs them despite having superior talent. I think we win, but playing Miami is their Superbowl every year.

Oh & before one yall even say it, no we're not losing to GTech, Richt is 15-2 vs them. Take the 1st half of 2016 game+2nd half of the 2017 game= that's how the game will go lol
My sentiments exactly

Advertisement
Back