Athlon UM season preview and predictions

I think UM should out-athlete and out-depth them but isn't that a prime time Thursday night game? Those can be tough, I think that's the variable that people are counting on(those who think it will be a tough out). Again that game is at the end of October what we dont know is the injuries both teams have, momentum, etc.

You know Miami will be back when a game of this nature, the Canes just take care of real easily and not struggle like they did last year vs UNC or the loss to Pitt...

And for the record, I think BC will be a pretty solid club this season.
It’s not that BC isn’t solid. It’s that they’re one dimensional. As LCE pointed out, their QB was 51% passing with an 11-9 TD to INT ratio. They piled up rushing stats against inferior defenses, but that run game disappeared when facing legit opposition.

We struggled against teams who could spread us out and make us defend skill players in space.

Our defense is too solid and we tackle too well to have any need to worry about a down hill rushing attack that can’t throw the ball well enough to keep us honest.

This is why Bama always has a Calvin Ridley/Julio Jones type guy that you have to respect. Take away Alabama’s legit threat to burn you deep and we’ll whip their *** too. Don’t care how many NFL guys they have.

Our coaches have put too much focus on having the best 11 tacklers on the field and defending the run first to force passing and high turnover probably situations to ever fear a team like BC.

And before anyone starts with the GATech stuff, it’s apples and oranges. GaTech knows they can’t pass so don’t try to. BC still thinks they can and will try to stay balanced.

Also it’s a Friday night game in which we’ll be coming out of a bye week with 9 days to get healthy and prepared.

Advertisement
The only reason I'd be worried BC is because BC is away on a Friday, though it does come after a bye. They aren't even close to the team we are, and if we shut down AJ Dillon, their star RB, we will own their asses.

The back to back at GTech and at VTech are actually a little worrisome especially at the end of the season. If we played VTech at the beginning of the season, I don't think they'd have a shot, but the 2nd to last week, I think Bud Foster will have them playing pretty well defensively, even with losingtheir entire starting lineup. But honestly I expect us to beat VTech pretty easily. I'm actually more worried about GTech than I am VTech though.

Honestly I think UNC might end up being our toughest non FSU/LSU game though. They had so many ******* injuries last year it was ridiculous, I don't expect that to happen again. And it'll be our first ACC Game of the season, with FSU the following week, making it easy to overlook them. Luckily they play Cal and Pitt week 1 and 4 so that we will have a good idea of how good they actually are.

BC is going to be a decent team but there's no way it's a "trap game". We have 13 days to prepare for this game and they dont have a vertical passing game.

I think everyone is propping BC up because we all watched them throttle FSU last year (and loved every second of it).

Facts? In this century, Miami has only won two games big (2005, 2014) at Blacksburg. Even the 2001 team struggled there. VT usually gives us a challenge at their house.

But, what is that, 2 out of 8 times? I'm not exactly swayed by the idea that Miami winning big in Blacksburg 25% of the time means we shouldn't be able to expect it.

BC is 4-15 in ACC home games since Addazio has been there?

2013: 3-1
2014: 0-3 (played GT at a neutral site)
2015: 0-4
2016: 0-4
2017: 1-3

Don't have a source. Just eyeballing their schedule so let me know if I'm off. But that's terrible.

Advertisement
too many blind homer posts here. We SHOULD beat probably every team until Clemson but will we? Probably not

The only reason I'd be worried BC is because BC is away on a Friday, though it does come after a bye. They aren't even close to the team we are, and if we shut down AJ Dillon, their star RB, we will own their asses.

The back to back at GTech and at VTech are actually a little worrisome especially at the end of the season. If we played VTech at the beginning of the season, I don't think they'd have a shot, but the 2nd to last week, I think Bud Foster will have them playing pretty well defensively, even with losingtheir entire starting lineup. But honestly I expect us to beat VTech pretty easily. I'm actually more worried about GTech than I am VTech though.

Honestly I think UNC might end up being our toughest non FSU/LSU game though. They had so many ******* injuries last year it was ridiculous, I don't expect that to happen again. And it'll be our first ACC Game of the season, with FSU the following week, making it easy to overlook them. Luckily they play Cal and Pitt week 1 and 4 so that we will have a good idea of how good they actually are.

Agree. UNC is the “trap” game this year.

Concerning VT, I understand the point of wanting to play them early, but there’s a chance that they have UNC style devastation to their roster after almost a full season of injuries kicks in. They may be running 3s and 4s at some positions against us.

Advertisement
BC is going to be a decent team but there's no way it's a "trap game". We have 13 days to prepare for this game and they dont have a vertical passing game.

I think everyone is propping BC up because we all watched them throttle FSU last year (and loved every second of it).

My, my, my, my, my (in my Johnny Gill voice)

Advertisement
Solid. Can't believe people are circling the BC game as a possible loss. It's the exact kind of team that plays into our hands.
tumblr_mhjp2zjzVi1rbb4f2o1_500.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back