Athlon UM season preview and predictions

Advertisement
I keep seeing a lot of our fans thinking BC is really going to be a tough game, I can't tell anybody how to think but did you guys watch them at all last year? They are a 7 win team on their best day, they got smoked by Wake Forest, Notre Dame, Clemson & Va Tech.

In fact, let's break these fools down real quick; They gave up 382.8ypg on defense last year, 191.2 rushing ypc on defense & was 38% in 3rd down conversion as an offense.

Their QB threw for 1,367yds 11TD's & 9INT's as a 51.9% passer & only had 210yds rushing. He's incredibly inaccurate & our Defense will put heavy pressure on him, he's not a GTech QB. And none of their WR's caught more than 36rec.

They literally have ONE offensive weapon, the RB AJ Dillon. He had 1,589yds & 14TD's which is great, but look a little closer, he had 43yds vs Wake, 58yds vs Notre Dame, 57yds vs Clemson & 35yds vs Va Tech. He got most of his yards vs LVille, FSU, NC St, UConn & Cuse.

I'm not saying it's going to be a cakewalk game, but their inability to throw the ball plays right into our strengths denfensively. We struggle against teams that can spread the ball around the field & go uptempo, BC is a bottom caliber ACC/Big East team that plays old style phone booth offense of running the ball all game long & hoping to catch you asleep. I think we beat them handily, they simply don't have the firepower to keep up.

The only games I think are questionable are FSU (rivalry game always close, but we beat them in Miami), @ Va Tech & home vs UNC. We should blow UNC out every year, but for whatever reason they always have a beat on Richt's offense, we've struggled 2 years in a row vs them despite having superior talent. I think we win, but playing Miami is their Superbowl every year.

Oh & before one yall even say it, no we're not losing to GTech, Richt is 15-2 vs them. Take the 1st half of 2016 game+2nd half of the 2017 game= that's how the game will go lol
Solid. Can't believe people are circling the BC game as a possible loss. It's the exact kind of team that plays into our hands.

I keep seeing a lot of our fans thinking BC is really going to be a tough game, I can't tell anybody how to think but did you guys watch them at all last year? They are a 7 win team on their best day, they got smoked by Wake Forest, Notre Dame, Clemson & Va Tech.

In fact, let's break these fools down real quick; They gave up 382.8ypg on defense last year, 191.2 rushing ypg on defense & was 38% in 3rd down conversion as an offense.

Their QB threw for 1,367yds 11TD's & 9INT's as a 51.9% passer & only had 210yds rushing. He's incredibly inaccurate & our Defense will put heavy pressure on him, he's not a GTech QB. And none of their WR's caught more than 36rec.

They literally have ONE offensive weapon, the RB AJ Dillon. He had 1,589yds & 14TD's which is great, but look a little closer, he had 43yds vs Wake, 58yds vs Notre Dame, 57yds vs Clemson & 35yds vs Va Tech. He got most of his yards vs LVille, FSU, NC St, UConn & Cuse.

I'm not saying it's going to be a cakewalk game, but their inability to throw the ball plays right into our strengths denfensively. We struggle against teams that can spread the ball around the field & go uptempo, BC is a bottom caliber ACC/Big East team that plays old style phone booth offense of running the ball all game long & hoping to catch you asleep. I think we beat them handily, they simply don't have the firepower to keep up.

The only games I think are questionable are FSU (rivalry game always close, but we beat them in Miami), @ Va Tech & home vs UNC. We should blow UNC out every year, but for whatever reason they always have a beat on Richt's offense, we've struggled 2 years in a row vs them despite having superior talent. I think we win, but playing Miami is their Superbowl every year.

Oh & before one yall even say it, no we're not losing to GTech, Richt is 15-2 vs them. Take the 1st half of 2016 game+2nd half of the 2017 game= that's how the game will go lol

2001 Miami disagree with you.

They always play us tough there. Always.

Advertisement
If anyone thinks we beat LSU and FSU and then have problems with BC - WTF?

I mean anyone can lose a let down game, but I'm not seieng it from this side of the season going in, with VT either - not sure how people think we beat LSU and FSU, but have problems with these 2 teams.

I don't think BC is a walkover but their offense is one dimensional and plays right into the strengths of our defense. Think Notre Dame with less talent.

It's not brain surgery but the three toughest games are LSU, FSU and @VT. Miami should be able to beat all three but LSU does have a talented roster (especially on defense), FSU/Miami is always a battle and playing at VT at night is hard for any team.

I'll put it here, Miami blows out UNC at home this year. Richt is on to Fedora's sign stealing. They won't get caught off guard by UNC cheating this year.

Advertisement
Not 2014 and that was with Golden coaching.

Coker did that too once. Va Tech has historically **** the bed at least once a year. I can't use the term "pull a Clemson" anymore because Clemson exercised that demon two years ago. Let's hope is the night we come to Blacksburg.

In fact, let's break these fools down real quick; They gave up 382.8ypg on defense last year, 191.2 rushing ypg on defense & was 38% in 3rd down conversion as an offense.

That's a persuasive arguement right there! Hope you're right and win the games we're supposed to. If we do, we are in for an incredible ride! FPI has us at 62% win probability at BC. "Toughest" game according to FPI will be at VT, 54%.

Advertisement
That's a persuasive arguement right there! Hope you're right and win the games we're supposed to. If we do, we are in for an incredible ride! FPI has us at 62% win probability at BC. "Toughest" game according to FPI will be at VT, 54%.
BC has historically been a bad place for us. We've usually struggled there. Remember the immaculate knee? We needed that after Dorsey threw 4 picks. Who would have thought Dorsey would ever throw 4 picks.

One guy said we lose to BC and everyone has us losing to VT... even w all that **** they lost... Real tears

Advertisement
Coker did that too once. Va Tech has historically **** the bed at least once a year. I can't use the term "pull a Clemson" anymore because Clemson exercised that demon two years ago. Let's hope is the night we come to Blacksburg.
Yes 2005 with Kyle Wright leading the way lol. The defense played lights out too, kinda similar to 2014 except the 2005 game had higher stakes. Hopefully Va Tech comes in limping into that game.

That BC game is on a Friday (their red bandana game) in probably 20 degree weather. You can throw all them stats out the window. If they were playing in Miami, yes, we would beat the **** out of them...

Advertisement
Back