Athlete Jaylin Hayward has 'Canes in his top four

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
While most of the speedy players in Florida are found either in the Glades area or inner-city Miami, there is one in particular out of north Florida that has caught the eye of the Miami Hurricanes staff.

That player is 2015 Amos P. Godby High athlete Jaylin Hayward. The speedster from Tallahassee recently released his top four schools.

"My top four is Miami, Florida, FSU, and North Carolina," said Hayward.

Hayward caught the Miami coaches attention way back during his freshman year when he was at the Al Golden Football Camp and stood out amongst other competitors.

"I think they were very impressed with my forty time," said Hayward. "I think they were like, Yeah, we got to keep our eye on this kid. Because, they kept asking me my name, my grade, and that sort of stuff."

One thing that's very noticeable about Hayward's top four is, he has the three big in-state schools, (Florida, Florida State, and Miami) and North Carolina. What is it about North Carolina?

"They've just been on me for a long time. I think back in December I started talking to (North Carolina defensive coordinator) coach Dan Disch. Ever since then they've just been on ,me and always checking in on me," said Hayward.

Miami, who offered just after Florida State, is still uncertain about what position they would like him to play at the next level, so for now, the offer is just as an athlete for now.

According to Hayward, Miami's running backs coach Hurlie Brown is his lead recruiter.

"(coach Brown) was just telling me to stay on top of my grades and that they're very interested in me and for me to continue to do what I'm doing. He said there should be no reason why I wouldn't end up at Miami," said Hayward. "I'm definitely going to take an official visit down there"

Hayward has been to three straight Al Golden Football Camps and loved what he saw in Miami.

"Oh man, Miami is just a beautiful place. It's just relaxing, you know. The thing is that they also happen to have a great football program down there," said Hayward.

"Like why not be a part of that? It's got everything you would want in a city. There is just so much to do," said Hayward. "But I think being in a city that is so busy like that, like Miami, it kind of helps you mature faster, and how to ground yourself and not get into trouble."

"Just South Beach itself is just amazing. Then the campus is just, oh man, I was in awe when I went down there the first time," said Hayward. "

The five-foot-ten, 177-pounder describes his game film as "Exciting to watch. In practice we are always working on being explosive and being a hard runner and stuff like that," said Hayward.

And while Miami is a lovely town, Florida State wins a lot, and North Carolina is loyal to Hayward, those aren't the biggest factors in his decision.

"I've got to be able to trust the coaches. I just don't want to go somewhere where I am not comfortable or I'm not happy, or I don't feel like a part of the family," said Hayward.

So, can Hayward trust his lead recruiter, Hurlie Brown?

"Yeah definitely. He's just a down-to-earth person and he just gives you everything like straight up, raw! There is no cutting around the corner with this guy. There is no beating around the bush, because he'll just give it you straight up and that's what I really respect about him," said Hayward.

Miami appears to be in great shape with Jaylin Hayward.

**Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/643826/jaylin-hayward

**Picture via naplesnews.com

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks, Nash. Just as an FYI, when you describe a guy as a "speedster", it would be helpful to put that in context. i.e. how fast is his 40? Does he have any track times? etc.

Advertisement
What's not not to like about a player that can do it all - Percy Harvin type. The U needs you!

One word to describe this kid: WOW! a true ATH at its finest. if we land him that will tell you the direction this program is making. he reminded me a lil bit of graig copper with his running style as rb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mike Singer ‏@Rivals_Singer 4h
@GodbyFootball @NashSports @CanesInSight stopped reading that article after that ignorant first sentence

lmao

@GodbyFootball @NashSports @CanesInSight stopped reading that article after that ignorant first sentence

lmao
That guy is a choad from Clearwater and writes for the Louisville Rivals site. I'm going to have to go over to the wez and assemble some Kenny Chesney fans.

Great stuff, Nash.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great work Nash, appreciate it.

This kid is a play maker. Sounds like he has legit interest in the U.

lmao
That guy is a choad from Clearwater and writes for the Louisville Rivals site. I'm going to have to go over to the wez and assemble some Kenny Chesney fans.

Great stuff, Nash.

Assemble some Kenny Chesney fans! That's funny! Not sure what it means, but it's funny.

Advertisement
Back