2025 ATH Trey McNutt - Cleveland, OH

My thoughts, as well. The entire story isn’t being told here. Something isn’t adding up.
Facts, I’d be willing to bet they saw the price and didn’t view him for that price. Don’t agree, but when you got X amount, you know what you want to spend that on first. I like Trey and this is dumb but it’s always the details. Can’t imagine Bryce costing anywhere near Trey. Also couldn’t imagine why they would think that either

Advertisement
Facts, I’d be willing to bet they saw the price and didn’t view him for that price. Don’t agree, but when you got X amount, you know what you want to spend that on first. I like Trey and this is dumb but it’s always the details. Can’t imagine Bryce costing anywhere near Trey. Also couldn’t imagine why they would think that either
The just take the local guy strategy has been flawless the last decade. I don't see any reason to shift now.

I don’t think that’s it. The people who are driving this discussion are not Mario lovers or slurpers or whatever people wanna classify them as. And I don’t think the criticism is JUST on Smiff, it seems like the dialogue has been that they disagree with what the staff did here.

But it seems centrally focused on smith. I can’t wrap my head around it, and again, I’m not gonna try. The staff has recruited at a truly elite level since they got here, so they’re not setting enough bridges on fire to impact the bottom line.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, imo this one will be super interesting to follow for a few years. If the staff truly invited this kid down just to have Dennis Smith say they don’t like his film, and he turns out to be a stud wherever he lands, it’s pretty ugly. If he flames out, this thread will be fun to laugh at everyone’s panties in a wad.

What the staff did here, what Smith did here, or what Mario approved of (or allowed to happen) here? I have a hard time believing Mario was somehow out of the loop on this.

If you don't like the kid's film, why let him fly down before conveying that message? They may ultimately be right in the eval, but still wrong in how their eval was conveyed to the recruit.

Advertisement
Not the first time i have heard canes media or someone who seems to know something say dennis is one of Mario’s most trusted guys. They say he doesn’t really trust many people but dennis is like his right hand man

They obviously like the kids film and it's clearly something else.

Looking for an excessive handout or they heard the interest wasn't real from his end. Those are the two most likely scenarios.
look again im a nobody, but some thing has came up and not many people know what the real deal is. for all we know we got commits from the top dudes and we shut it down.

look again im a nobody, but some thing has came up and not many people know what the real deal is. for all we know we got commits from the top dudes and we shut it down.
Shut it down? That would be the most anti Mario thing ever seeing as we are in the spring. Mario has 20 different options at each position at all times. We would not stop recruiting a kid because we are full in April.

Advertisement

He is the top dude, at least consensus top dude. That doesn't mean he's our top dude though.

Advertisement
Back