2023 ATH Robby Washington; Killian HS

Former Killian co-coordinator/DB coach Junior Rosegreen (current Carol City DC FYI), who they played under in 2021, has some words about these two:

Says Bobby Jr. can play everything - safety, can play outside backer, or come off the edge. Can run, very physical. Will run and knock people out. Headhunter. Last season Bobby finished with over 100 tackles and six sacks. Why did Bobby Jr. wind up with fewer offers and one fewer star than Robby? “People don’t realize he’s going to end up 6-4, 225, but he can run,” Rosegreen said. “He’s a 4.4 guy.”

Says Robby is a 4.3 guy, if you need him at safety he can play it, at corner he can play it. Says he can run jet sweeps with him like Tyreek Hill. And he’s a special teams nightmare on punt return, kick return, ridiculous. In college they’ll kick away from him. Last season Robby had eight TD returns, four on punts and four on kickoffs and 600 rush yards, 1,200 receiving yards and 20 TDs.

Robby had 40 offers, Bobby had 20.

“Miami got some dogs,” he said. “Miami’s got some football junkies that love football. And they’ve got some hard workers.”
4.4 if Charlie and Kevin can't get this nígga on field nobody can.

Advertisement
rl0zclx.gif
x2

I like him at WLB/whatever it is called now. He needs to be able to run and track people down as opposed to playing inside and having to work off blocks?
NOT gonna rule it out but I get why you'd say that. The days of big brutes at MLB are long gone need speed everywhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Robby has exceptional athletic upside, he’s a class A prospect in the sense that he could basically play multiple positions & excel. He has legitimate 4.3 speed & is a breakaway home run hitter in the open field, his explosiveness & short area quickness makes him a matchup nightmare for secondaries.

What will be pivotal in his development is how he’s used specifically, he walks in as an Elite KR/PR man, he has the athletic ability to play RB & at WR can be as impactful as a deep threat as Phillip Dorsett was with much higher upside.

If he’s going to be a Slot WR primarily, he’ll have to have his route running further developed, they don’t do him too many favors at Killian in that offense, he basically just runs 9 routes all day (which is common for South FL kids with even a modicum of speed, they never let them do anything but run go routes lol), but in college rarely does the Slot actually run 9’s, being a high level Slot WR is more about creating separation with your feet in short-intermediate routes rather than blazing DB’s on the track meet down field.

What he’ll have to develop the most is his release & learning to stem his routes getting in & out of breaks at the second level of defenses. What makes Tyreek Hill so effective is not just his straight line speed, it’s his ability to stack DB’s at the top of his routes & peel off routes with his stems while running with his lightening quick footwork. Robby still has that classic 7v7 style release off the line where he does a jump-skip shuffle before getting into his route, in works easy now in HS because no one can cover him, but in college against bigger more physical corners that will actually telegraph his routes, but that’s something you can coach up no problem.

Ultimately he’s a super high upside prospect with game breaking speed & explosiveness as a natural playmaker.

He’s an instant impact player as a Return man, at WR with further development he can become a really dangerous deep threat & a productive Slot that presents problems for Defenses & opens up the field for the outside guys. Gattis has future HC aspirations so I wouldn’t bet on him being here for the long haul, but whoever the next OC is will have a bonafide force multiplier player with Bobby Jr, a weapon that makes your WR group uncontainable. We have to maximize a kid with his skill set & ability, a player like him should be a 3 & done, so it’s on this staff to do what all the other staffs couldn’t do & get high level players ready to play & contribute.

I’m not just saying this because he recently committed I think this kid is gonna end up being one of the most electrifying players in college football. The Tyreek Hill comparisons are spot on. Similar build and blazing speed. We got a savage here.

Former Killian co-coordinator/DB coach Junior Rosegreen (current Carol City DC FYI), who they played under in 2021, has some words about these two:

Robby had 40 offers, Bobby had 20.

Says Bobby Jr. can play everything - safety, can play outside backer, or come off the edge. Can run, very physical. Will run and knock people out. Headhunter. Last season Bobby finished with over 100 tackles and six sacks. Why did Bobby Jr. wind up with fewer offers and one fewer star than Robby? “People don’t realize he’s going to end up 6-4, 225, but he can run,” Rosegreen said. “He’s a 4.4 guy.”

Says Robby is a 4.3 guy, if you need him at safety he can play it, at corner he can play it. Says he can run jet sweeps with him like Tyreek Hill. And he’s a special teams nightmare on punt return, kick return, ridiculous. In college they’ll kick away from him. Last season Robby had eight TD returns, four on punts and four on kickoffs and 600 rush yards, 1,200 receiving yards and 20 TDs.

“Miami got some dogs,” he said. “Miami’s got some football junkies that love football. And they’ve got some hard workers.”
I coached with Rosegreen 2 years ago.

If a kid can play he gonna let you know....and he wants his defenders tough nosed n playing like he did at Dillard n Auburn.

Love the pick up of these kids...especially since dad is a die hard cane n a former ocmmit who we all wished played here to. (had a solid college career)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sounds like from reading into his words that schools like UGA were taking Robby to the side while Bobby was doing the "cart tour" and saying, "Yeah we really want you but we will take Bobby too if thats what it takes. Worse comes to worse, we will offer him a grayshirt but give you a nice NIL offer to make sure his tuition is taken care of". Obviously I am just guessing but that sentence said alot to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back