ATH DeeJay Dallas back for another visit!!!

I think he's a Safety or maybe you can beef him up some and throw him at WILL linebacker.

I do not see the dynamic skillset (i.e., change of direction, burst, suddeness, elite quickness) to play WR, Corner or RB at Miami. I see nothing the leaps off the screen.

He won't see the field at Miami if he's being recruited as a WR. Maybe the film is lying to me, but I just don't see it.

Ok Al

Advertisement
This kid can BALL, would be a huuuuge get. I know hes apparently being recruited as a WR but did anyone else think of Vince Howard from FNL watching his highlights?

I think he's a Safety or maybe you can beef him up some and throw him at WILL linebacker.

I do not see the dynamic skillset (i.e., change of direction, burst, suddeness, elite quickness) to play WR, Corner or RB at Miami. I see nothing the leaps off the screen.

He won't see the field at Miami if he's being recruited as a WR. Maybe the film is lying to me, but I just don't see it.

Ok Al
He plays FS for his high school team and Nick Saban is recruiting him as a DB...he's not far off

I like that Richt is still pursuing him from his Georgia days, that says he's a valuable recruit in his eyes. Watching his highlights, what am I missing though?

I don't see a running back at this level even though he does well in high school. I see people say wide receiver, but this is a very good year at the position and there's numerous guys I'd have ahead of him. Same thing basically on the defensive side of the ball.

He looks to be a very well rounded athlete, but I just keep wondering if he's a Jack of all trades and master of none. Thoughts?

Edit: I haven't really talked much about this recruit, just kept trying to figure out what I thought of him. You can't really complain about anything he does, but then I also don't get excited either. He could help in a lot of ways, but as a filler or what? What do any of you see?
....didn't notice anything special either until looking at it thoroughly a second time... He only ran a 11.38.....which proves he doesn't have elite top end speed....try to pay more attention to his vision to daylight burst, balance, stride and quick feet. ... I can easily see how his athletic potential translates to the next level. I see him as a press CB with tremendous upside.

I like him at safety but tell him you'll give him a shot anywhere he wants on the field

Advertisement
PBP article on him talking bout how he loves CMR, loves the campus and family atmosphere. Looks like we're definitely going to be in his final schools list.

Like many recruits, Deejay Dallas is narrowing his list. It’s clear Miami will be among his final schools.
Dallas, a four-star athlete from Brunswick, Georgia and former UGA commit, conducted an interview with RecruitDiaries.com that was published on Monday. Dallas laid out his feelings on his local big-time school, from which he decommitted after UGA and Mark Richt parted ways. He also had plenty to say about Miami:
“First off, I have always loved coach Richt; what is there not to love about the guy? He is a great coach, loves his players, and always pushes them to do their best on and off the field. I have been down to Coral Gables twice and it is an amazing place. When I am down there, they make me feel like I am family and like I am at home. Unlike the UGA staff, Miami has really made me feel like a priority. It really is amazing to see the different ways schools treat me. Coach Richt and I have sustained a great relationship from his time at Georgia, and that means a lot to me. Maybe I could be a Cane?”
- See more at: Recruiting: ATH Deejay Dallas opens up about Mark Richt | Canes Watch

Advertisement
I hope he's a Cane, but kind of seems he's a little hurt UGA isn't showing more love and his comments are trying to drum up more interest from them.

Advertisement
You have to think that securing a few GA recruits is a priority to Richt. He always takes the high road, but you just know he wants to hurt them by grabbing some Georgia talent.

Yup it's beautiful out today. And i'm stuck at work :(

I'm in an ambulance til 10 pm...at least you get out at a reasonable time

Holy Shiite... Do you defibrilate dudes and post recruiting updates simultaneously??? That's some skillful multi-tasking.
Lmfao na dude I don't do this while I'm on calls or doing facility transports. One of the good things about workings for somebody like AMR is there's a lot of dead time especially on the way back from doing facility transports to key west or Orlando

(Alot of dead time) pardon the pun?

You have to think that securing a few GA recruits is a priority to Richt. He always takes the high road, but you just know he wants to hurt them by grabbing some Georgia talent.

Yup it's beautiful out today. And i'm stuck at work :(

I'm in an ambulance til 10 pm...at least you get out at a reasonable time

Holy Shiite... Do you defibrilate dudes and post recruiting updates simultaneously??? That's some skillful multi-tasking.
Lmfao na dude I don't do this while I'm on calls or doing facility transports. One of the good things about workings for somebody like AMR is there's a lot of dead time especially on the way back from doing facility transports to key west or Orlando

(Alot of dead time) pardon the pun?
during facility transports we don't take calls and in Florida the fire departments take the calls 98% of the time because they're staffed with firefighter/paramedics. The only time we take actual calls is usually when there's a multiple alarm fire in the particular area because the ambulance(which we call rescues) are there helping fight the fire because they obviously respond to fires with their fire apparatus Or fire engine for lay people either to vent a building/home or to go get trapped people in a fire(hence being called a rescue). So when I say dead time I mean when we're not doing anything or than driving back to the county we're based out of. It's like that in 90% percent of the departments in Florida.

Advertisement
To me, kid reminds me of Peter Warrick with the ball in his hands. Kid just makes big plays. I mean can you imagine a WR core of DeeJay, Bruce, Mullins, Richards and Jeudy?

Wouldn't be fair...

I think Macho said months back that this dude was all Miami... He knew his coach or something

I think Macho said months back that this dude was all Miami... He knew his coach or something

Seems like it, which is great btw. He's the kind of kid we would never have a shot with if the staph was still here

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back